Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

reserves v Watford

1-4 to us.

Dodds after 20 mins, second half goals from Hammond, Sheehan and Porter. :D:D:D:P

Nice way to finish off the reserve season. It seems that the confidence is running through all levels of our club at the moment. Not only have the first team started to win games in the last few months but the academy have done very well to still have a chance of winning their league with a game to go and the last two results for the reserves have been impressive! It's nice to see.

Just thought I'd mention again about the academy playing at Filbert Way on Saturday. I think it's unlikely that we will finish top of our league because Villa will have to slip up too but it would be nice to see a few people there to have a look at our youngsters. After all, it'll be the last time a Leicester City side play at Filbert Way for a while.

From the OS

0,,10274~2743274,00.jpg

Rampant Reserves Swat Hornets

Leicester City ended their FA Premier Reserve League South campaign in style with an emphatic 4-1 victory over Watford at Boreham Wood FC on Wednesday evening.

The Foxes went into the game in fine form having smashed five past Ipswich Town last week.

And Steve Beaglehole's second string were in scintillating form once again as they brushed aside the Hornets with a four-goal salvo.

City started the game much the brighter of the two sides and took the lead through Louis Dodds, his second in as many outings for the reserves, with 20 minutes on the clock.

The Hornets redressed the balance against the run of play before half-time, but that goal would simply kick-start City again after the break - Alan Sheehan (pictured) blasting home a free-kick from fully 25 yards to make it 2-1 to the visitors.

A neat pass from Levi Porter sent Elvis Hammond through to finish for Leicester's third, leaving big Chris O'Grady, who bagged four in his previous reserve team outing, to condemn Watford with a trademark strike.

Speaking after the game, coach Beaglehole said: "It was another outstanding performance from the lads. It is always difficult playing at non-league grounds, but the attitude of the players was exemplary and they fully deserved the win on the night.

"We have gained seven points from our final three fixtures of the season so we really have finished the campaign on a high note. We have got some excellent young players at this club and the future is certainly bright for Leicester City on this performance."

City: Alex Cisak, Andy King (Gradel 70), Alan Sheehan, Tuomas Haapala (trialist), Joe Magunda, Connor Franklin, Louis Dodds, Levi Porter, Chris O'Grady, Elvis Hammond, Joe Hamill.

Subs not used: Eric Odihambo, Carl Pentney, Adam Wykes, Tom Tejan-sie.

He certainly deserves to considering his form. He is probably been reserve team player of the year. Is this even an award?

I agree. His form has been brilliant in the reserves, and he desrves a chance in the 1st team, but i just cant see Kelly playing due to what he said in the mercury.

Chris O'grady should get a start aswell.

I agree. His form has been brilliant in the reserves, and he desrves a chance in the 1st team, but i just cant see Kelly playing due to what he said in the mercury.

Chris O'grady should get a start aswell.

O'Grady where? Up front with Hume & Fryatt in a 4-3-3 system, or playing on the right wing in a 4-4-2?

Archived