Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Southampton Match thread

Just got back from the game. All I can say is.....what a load of bollocks. Williams was absolutely shite, Hughes tried hard but focked everything up, Hume n Fryatt dint really do much, Paddy was all over the place, BUT Sylla did alright! Apart from that....meh

Just got back from the game. All I can say is.....what a load of bollocks. Williams was absolutely shite, Hughes tried hard but focked everything up, Hume n Fryatt dint really do much, Paddy was all over the place, BUT Sylla did alright! Apart from that....meh

Wow got to Southampton to Leicester in under 2 hours,quite amazing :D

I thought he was shocking. 45 minutes and he put two good balls in and that was it. Didnt see him for the rest of the match apart from giving the ball away and not tracking back. They had so much space down the left hand side all match

I thought he was shocking. 45 minutes and he put two good balls in and that was it. Didnt see him for the rest of the match apart from giving the ball away and not tracking back. They had so much space down the left hand side all match

By the standards we now expect of him, that's a case of a 'good game' from him.

That's his effectiveness limit, he can't make more than a few passes each game, it's just not his style.

Generally poor performance, especially the first half where we were appalling. Henderson did fairly well and caught some excellent crosses, although I would have liked to see him come out to close the attacker down for the 2nd goal.

Paddy McCarthy had a shocker and was responsible for both goals - challenging Johansson for the same aerial ball which was also poorly headed straight into Fuller's path who had an easy finish. Then giving the ball away (one of many sadly) with a poor pass which was easily intercepted and Southampton just cut through our defence on the counter attack. Stearman had a 'mare, Johansson comes away with some credit because he didn't do much wrong, and Maybury was ok too.

Williams was back to his pathetic self (apart from one 60 yard pass which was perfection); Hughes was poor and couldn't do anything right; Tiatto was awful (but that's something we've come to expect); and Welsh just isn't good enough - send him back. Sylla looked alright in the 2nd half, a couple of good crosses and his corners were quite useful. O'Grady and Hammond didn't really get much service to do much.

Fryatt and Hume did ok in patches, showed some nice link up play again, but both just lacked the cutting edge with their final shots.

Overall we were much slower to the ball than Southampton, our movement was lacklustre, the first touch of everyone was horrendous, and we kept resorting to long balls much of the time. Our midfield is a real problem area, I have doubts about all our midfielders for one reason or another - but sadly we won't be able to make wholesale changes due to lack of funds.

I hope people give Kelly some time because on today's evidence he has a lot of work to do to get us near the top 6. Southampton should be up there next season if today was anything to go by, they were far superior to us and dominated from start to finish.

Archived