Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Lineker - Wenger is the best man for England job

Former England football star Gary Lineker has said that Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is the best man for the England managerial position.

The Football Association have reportedly offered the job to Portugese national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, but Lineker doesn't think that the former Brazillian manager is the right man for the job.

Lineker said: "Scolari has got a very good record - but that was with Brazil and Ronaldinho, so well done there - and I am surprised because he has got no connection with English football whatsoever.

"It would take him probably three or four years to come to terms with the style of our play, the frenetic nature of the English game, who the individuals are.

"He comes from even further away than Sven does in terms of knowing our players. It would be a big ask for him.

"If the FA's criteria was 'Let's get the best man from wherever he comes from', well you just knock Arsène Wenger's door down until he answers it."

WTF is Gary on about? Why would Wenger take over as England manager? He couldn't play any French players could he?

I'm gonna put Gary's comments down to stress in his private life.

WTF is Gary on about? Why would Wenger take over as England manager? He couldn't play any French players could he?

I'm gonna put Gary's comments down to stress in his private life.

Tis strange, but his two MOTD cohorts want/think MON should do it!!

Wenger actually said that he'd take the job if in a few years time it was available. Can't see it though.

Is he hoping some French born players have English parents then come through the ranks or something then??

well the FA said they want the best man for the job so they should have at least enquired about Wenger HOWEVER with Arsenal Chairman David Dein on the selection panel he is surely going to protect his own interests!! you have to ask is it correct that a chairman of a Premiership team should be on the selecction panel? I think something is very very wrong with that!!!

well the FA said they want the best man for the job so they should have at least enquired about Wenger HOWEVER with Arsenal Chairman David Dein on the selection panel he is surely going to protect his own interests!! you have to ask is it correct that a chairman of a Premiership team should be on the selecction panel? I think something is very very wrong with that!!!

agreed completeley, the whole selection process seems to be very badly organised

Wenger is a top-quality coach cos he has made Arsenal a great team without spending much money at all even though it is always avaliable. Just because he does not use many english players at arsenal should not hinder his chances. He is better than Allardyce and McLaren who should apply the next time the job is avaliable.

Wenger is a top-quality coach cos he has made Arsenal a great team without spending much money at all even though it is always avaliable. Just because he does not use many english players at arsenal should not hinder his chances. He is better than Allardyce and McLaren who should apply the next time the job is avaliable.

It won't matter then. Mark Hughes will come through.

Check out the Beeb website, 'Boro's chairman Steve Gibson is also questioning Dein's impartiality!!!

Check out the Beeb website, 'Boro's chairman Steve Gibson is also questioning Dein's impartiality!!!

you heard it hear first!!!! :thumbup:

it is true though any premiership chairman is going to protect their own intrests, something is seriously wrong with the whole system if you ask me!!

Archived