Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
patterson

de vries return?

no offence to any city fan who likes him, but i seriously can't stand the man when he's playing for us..but i've not heard much on whether or not he will return after his loans spell has ended...does anyone have any news?? :blink:

no offence to any city fan who likes him, but i seriously can't stand the man when he's playing for us..but i've not heard much on whether or not he will return after his loans spell has ended...does anyone have any news?? :blink:

no

He better stay in the Netherlands and end his career there. Yes, Levein's system didn't really favour him, but he's not the most reliable marksman. Reminds me a bit of Heskey, only slower.

On a sidenote, he's already 30 and not a real captain-like player.

All I know that he after looking a week ago he had scored 3 goals in 2 starts and 6 sub appearances. This isn't too bad considering and I don't see why he can't be able to play some role for us next season, obviously not in the starting 11.

yer suppose it isnt too bad,, but i really don't want him back, not even on the sub bench...but i suppose if we loose o'grady and hammond, we'll have no choice :cry:

All I know that he after looking a week ago he had scored 3 goals in 2 starts and 6 sub appearances. This isn't too bad considering and I don't see why he can't be able to play some role for us next season, obviously not in the starting 11.

i agree its the same as hammond, people keep saying get rid of those two there rubbish, not good enough well yes their not quite good enough for the first team thats why hume and fryatt are starting ahead of hammond and de vries is on loan, but honestly hammond and de vries are not a bad couple of players to have on stand-by any better and they would just simply move to another club and play for them. We are not a big spending premiership club who can afford several class strikers, ontop of that we already have a young strike force so we cant really have young strikers on the bench waiting for their chance to get on as we already have a young strike force on the pitch so there would be little incentive for them to move here. Look at the bigger picture we just cant afford to have 4 class strikers

i agree its the same as hammond, people keep saying get rid of those two there rubbish, not good enough well yes their not quite good enough for the first team thats why hume and fryatt are starting ahead of hammond and de vries is on loan, but honestly hammond and de vries are not a bad couple of players to have on stand-by any better and they would just simply move to another club and play for them. We are not a big spending premiership club who can afford several class strikers, ontop of that we already have a young strike force so we cant really have young strikers on the bench waiting for their chance to get on as we already have a young strike force on the pitch so there would be little incentive for them to move here. Look at the bigger picture we just cant afford to have 4 class strikers

I think you're right, De Vries isn't so bad and will have gained confidence playing and scoring. Also Hammond is dangerous with his pace. We must look for other transfers in the summer like full-backs/goalies/midfielders. Let's settle with what we have unless a real bargain comes up. I wouldn't disagree though if Kelly spent all of our money on Freddy Eastwood. He was amazing for Southend at the weekend. Quality striker!

Hammond over DeVries any time. At least the first one has some potential.

yer a agree, i just don't see how de vries has won over many fans,,,yer ok great goal against spurs...but apart from that he can't beat a man, can't sprint whilst controlling the ball, he's tall...can't really head the ball and he is strong...i know we have f**k all money right now, but surely we can do better than him....but yer..we defo need some midfielders and full backs...

i cant believe people are saying hammond has potential. how many has he scored in his career? 7? i dont feel he understands the game of football.all he can do is run in a straight line + still doesnt win the ball. he has never been able to shoot, at least De vries scored a few goals, isnt he still joint top scorer? hammond can leave on a free, he has no potential + isnt exactly young.

we could do worse for a squad player, or if we ever needed a big bloke for any reason, don't forget he can hold the ball up quite well, having said that thats sbout all he can do

To be honest with our current financial situation and Kelly's latest comments, I don't think we could do too much better than:

1st/2nd - Hume & Fryatt

3rd - O'Grady

4th/5th - Hammond/De Vries

I just don't think we should be moaning at that.

To be honest with our current financial situation and Kelly's latest comments, I don't think we could do too much better than:

1st/2nd - Hume & Fryatt

3rd - O'Grady

5 strikers is a bit much I think. I reckon we could easily let MDV go to free up some wages for other, more important areas - midfield for example. Besides, if we find ourselves losing 3 of the 4 thru injury, we could always bring somebody in on loan.

I don't think keeping all 5 strikers is in our best interests, really.

1st/2nd - Hume & Fryatt

3rd - O'Grady

5 strikers is a bit much I think. I reckon we could easily let MDV go to free up some wages for other, more important areas - midfield for example. Besides, if we find ourselves losing 3 of the 4 thru injury, we could always bring somebody in on loan.

I don't think keeping all 5 strikers is in our best interests, really.

Both of you have good points!

Archived