Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cat Burger

Walcott

I couldn't care less if he's unfazed about the World Cup, it's the impact that he will make that counts. You could throw any 17 year old kid in the World Cup and they would be just as carefree and bouyant.

Walcott might be confident and raring to go, but will he have the intelligence and sharpness (that comes with playing top tier football) to have the desired effect? I somehow doubt it.

Who knows, that's why it's a massive gamble but I can't see why he can't have an impact. He won't be starting matches, but his pace and trickery for the closing stages of matches might be crucial.

He doesn't strike me as being fazed by anything, in his interview he showed hardly any nervous emotion. I think it's fair to say that one of the reasons why we handled him well was the pole axe from Douglas than nearly killed him. I recall Leicester having Michael Owen in their back pocket on several occasions but it doesn't necessarily mean naything.

As an impact player Walcott could be lethal for England. Nobody knows much about him and with 20 mins to go when teams are knackered he could run amok. Doesn't he run the 100 metres in about 10.5 seconds? Frightening.

Altogether I think it's a positive move and I agree he'll most likely be used in the last 20-minutes for greatest effect. I'm all being positive, though it is an unusually big ask of an untried 17-year-old. Still, far better than being negative and I hope it comes off. It will give us something we can look forward to watching.

Archived