Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cat Burger

Walcott

...but not as bad as the suggestion that Heskey should be called up...

...now *that* is the product of a brain addled by too much German lager fuelled hospitality.

IMHO this underlines what a bleak state our game is in at national level.

No disrespect to Theo Walcott who I'm sure is a very bright prospect for the future but we shouldn't be in a situation where there is a possibilty of a youngster who hasn't played a premiership game, getting into our World Cup squad.

Our preferred forward line is crocked and Plan B will probably revolve around Peter Crouch who, IMHO again, is a rich man's MDV! Let's by-pass midfield and bang it up to the big bloke and see what happens!

I feel really deflated about the World Cup now - disappointed for Rooney who I doubt will make it, concerned for Owen's fitness and no confidence in the manager's ability to pull a motivational rabbit out of the hat when needed.

If Theo Walcott is the only alternative then all the very best to him.

I know it would be sacreligious to say but wouldn't Marlon Harewood be a better choice than Theo! I mean he's scored about 15 PL goals this season, Theo hasn't even played a PL game!! :o

As I said before its a disgrace as he has not even played a premier league game and he has managed all of 5 Championship goals. I dunno what Wenger the French Twat is bigging up the idea for its not a option is nothing short of ridicoulous.

I doubt he was bigging the idea up - could anyone confirm this, does the Arsenal Chairman have some say in the FA

I doubt he was bigging the idea up - could anyone confirm this, does the Arsenal Chairman have some say in the FA

I think you're referring to David Dein the Vice-Chairman, he was on the selction commitee for the England manager, so i would say YES. :angry:

Sven has admitted that he's never even seen Walcott play! is wenger picking the england side? :ph34r:

you know what, after all this, wouldn't it be funny if he takes the world cup by storm and arrives back home a superstar and national hero. the way things go i reckon that may well just happen.

Sven has admitted that he's never even seen Walcott play! is wenger picking the england side? :ph34r:

you know what, after all this, wouldn't it be funny if he takes the world cup by storm and arrives back home a superstar and national hero. the way things go i reckon that may well just happen.

thats the script sven is hoping for

thats the script sven is hoping for

i think Tord Grip had alot to do with the Walcott decision. he's been watching him alot recently in reserve games.

if the gamble doesn't pay off, i really don't think he gives a shit anymore. he's not english afterall, he can just walk away and move onto the next job.

the 1 thing i would say about leaving bent out is that is he another michael ricketts / marcus stewart 1 season wonders . with sven not really giving him a chance nobody knows if he could have taken to international football

the 1 thing i would say about leaving bent out is that is he another michael ricketts / marcus stewart 1 season wonders . with sven not really giving him a chance nobody knows if he could have taken to international football

The same could be said of Andy Johnson and he appears on the stand-by list out of nowehere after a pretty mediocre season. He hasn't been in any of the England squads since last season. Pathetic.

As for Walcott, i'm interested to see what he does. There is always a player who lights up the World Cup and there's not really any reason why he can't. It could turn out to be Sven's best decision he's ever made and the media will be right up his 'arris if it pays off. If we don't win the World Cup and Walcott isn't anything special then the media will have a field day. I personally think Walcott will do well given the chance, I have a feeling Sven might get lucky after all.

This has certainly taken the pressure off a little as alot of people are starting to seriously give up hope of us having a decent World Cup, in my memory that often helps countries. It did to Germany last World Cup and Brazil on occasions.

If he's another Momo Sylla he should retire now and go into something like property development.

I understand his inclusion far more than taking either Rooney or Owen. That I imagine owes more to pressure from the advertising boys - who will otherwise have a lot of hard work being trodden into the cutting room floor - than any realistic hopes that either will be properly fit and able to take part. I just hope Walcott confounds all the sceptics. In truth I don't expect him too. Leicester contained him effectively enough and he'll face better defenders than they've got.

If he's another Momo Sylla he should retire now and go into something like property development.

I understand his inclusion far more than taking either Rooney or Owen. That I imagine owes more to pressure from the advertising boys - who will otherwise have a lot of hard work being trodden into the cutting room floor - than any realistic hopes that either will be properly fit and able to take part. I just hope Walcott confounds all the sceptics. In truth I don't expect him too. Leicester contained him effectively enough and he'll face better defenders than they've got.

He doesn't strike me as being fazed by anything, in his interview he showed hardly any nervous emotion. I think it's fair to say that one of the reasons why we handled him well was the pole axe from Douglas than nearly killed him. I recall Leicester having Michael Owen in their back pocket on several occasions but it doesn't necessarily mean naything.

As an impact player Walcott could be lethal for England. Nobody knows much about him and with 20 mins to go when teams are knackered he could run amok. Doesn't he run the 100 metres in about 10.5 seconds? Frightening.

I couldn't care less if he's unfazed about the World Cup, it's the impact that he will make that counts. You could throw any 17 year old kid in the World Cup and they would be just as carefree and bouyant.

Walcott might be confident and raring to go, but will he have the intelligence and sharpness (that comes with playing top tier football) to have the desired effect? I somehow doubt it.

Archived