Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Alan Birchenall

I really do think the Club should make more use of 'the Birch' in it's Management. He's the one continuous link over the years - he's seen so many players and Manager's come and go - and seems to be held in high regard by all. I was thinking about this 'Muzzy talk' thats going on now - there's NO ONE left at the Club from Muzzy's time - except Birch (and he CURRENTLY very much has a 'semi-detached' connection with the club). I'm sure he could give Rob (and the Board) so much advice and help - especially in areas where he has direct experience and knowledge (ie discussions/negotiations with past players - and coaches). Perhaps the Club DO make more use of him than we know - but if they don't, wouldn't it be a good idea ?

I really do think the Club should make more use of 'the Birch' in it's Management. He's the one continuous link over the years - he's seen so many players and Manager's come and go - and seems to be held in high regard by all. I was thinking about this 'Muzzy talk' thats going on now - there's NO ONE left at the Club from Muzzy's time - except Birch (and he CURRENTLY very much has a 'semi-detached' connection with the club). I'm sure he could give Rob (and the Board) so much advice and help - especially in areas where he has direct experience and knowledge (ie discussions/negotiations with past players - and coaches). Perhaps the Club DO make more use of him than we know - but if they don't, wouldn't it be a good idea ?

I think he's a bit of an embarrasment myself.

yeah I agee!

Do you think Birch is any more embarrasing than a (current) Chairman who's a Doctor and never utters a word (especially about football), a Chief Executive who agrees with anyone shouting loud enough and a Supporters Group (Foxes Trust) who'll do anything other than 'rock the boat'/question the Board (whoever they are) ?! At least Birch has a bit of passion for this club - and although not the most articulate of people (I agree - he does make me want to 'cover my ears' sometimes, with the WAY he is saying things) - he does often speak for the vast majority of fans and raises subjects that need to be raised ! All I was advocating, was utilising Birch a bit, in discussions on subjects he might have some knowledge on - and, if nothing else, 'oil the wheels' a little in negotiations with people he might know (eg Muzzy - who I am sure would feel more on board with the present-day City, if someone he knew was still about) !

Do you think Birch is any more embarrasing than a (current) Chairman who's a Doctor and never utters a word (especially about football), a Chief Executive who agrees with anyone shouting loud enough and a Supporters Group (Foxes Trust) who'll do anything other than 'rock the boat'/question the Board (whoever they are) ?! At least Birch has a bit of passion for this club - and although not the most articulate of people (I agree - he does make me want to 'cover my ears' sometimes, with the WAY he is saying things) - he does often speak for the vast majority of fans and raises subjects that need to be raised ! All I was advocating, was utilising Birch a bit, in discussions on subjects he might have some knowledge on - and, if nothing else, 'oil the wheels' a little in negotiations with people he might know (eg Muzzy - who I am sure would feel more on board with the present-day City, if someone he knew was still about) !

On what basis do you claim Birch "often speak for the vast majority of fans and raises subjects that need to be raised" in comparison to "(Foxes Trust) who'll do anything other than 'rock the boat'/question the Board"

Let's have some examples bald reynard

says the people with wilcox and de vries in their avatars

Don't get me wrong Birch has done some good things for club, but some of things he comes out with really make me cringe! For example, every time he read out Elvis Hammond's name and did the 'Uh Uh' Elvis grunting thing, once ok but after about six months of it....Jesus

On what basis do you claim Birch "often speak for the vast majority of fans and raises subjects that need to be raised" in comparison to "(Foxes Trust) who'll do anything other than 'rock the boat'/question the Board"

Go on give us one then trust!"

Says the man who thought that irony took the creases out of clothes.

i i just thought it was a little ironic that you to love those 2 (neither have done anything for this club EVER) yet think a playing legend like birch is an embarrassment, yes some of the things he does are cringe worthy, but its funny and its why he's popular having retired years ago

I wasn't saying that Birch was "more effective" than Foxes Trust at raising issues in the minds of fans - just that he is no more embarrasing, than a Trust who don't APPEAR to question the Board. I've done a quick 'trawl' of all the recent Trust posts on the Foxestalk Forum - and can find NO CRITICISM of the Board ("we've had DISCUSSIONS with Andrew Taylor and Tim Davies" etc - but no 'steer' on the outcome) - do they feel all is 'ticketyboo' with the club and it's finances and direction the Board is pushing us in ?! And as far as I can see, all the Trust seems to concern itself with, is 5-a-side football, tournaments, community events, smoking bans and all the marketing/partnership c**p that seems to pre-occupy football at the moment !

I wasn't saying that Birch was "more effective" than Foxes Trust at raising issues in the minds of fans - just that he is no more embarrasing, than a Trust who don't APPEAR to question the Board. I've done a quick 'trawl' of all the recent Trust posts on the Foxestalk Forum - and can find NO CRITICISM of the Board ("we've had DISCUSSIONS with Andrew Taylor and Tim Davies" etc - but no 'steer' on the outcome) - do they feel all is 'ticketyboo' with the club and it's finances and direction the Board is pushing us in ?! And as far as I can see, all the Trust seems to concern itself with, is 5-a-side football, tournaments, community events, smoking bans and all the marketing/partnership c**p that seems to pre-occupy football at the moment !

Wooooooooooooooo

I like the Birch personally. I think he's unique and displays a more acceptable amount of cheesiness unlike, for example, Hull or Coventry's MC's.

exactly and you can tell he's not acting when he talks about his passion for the club, and dispite being an employee he slags off the team when they are playing shit

Wooooooooooooooo

I'm sorry Idea/Ikea - I didn't intend to 'get wound up' by Foxes Trust (just trying to defend Birch !) - but my 'keyboard-hand' got carried away - and the bile built up over the years since Administration came out ! I didn't even want to criticise the Trust that much (they do a good job in SOME ways) - its just that I feel a group in such a privileged position, should do more to question Policy and 'make the Board feel a bit more uncomfortable, than they do (and I do get a bit 'ired' about the current trend for partnership/community - that New Labour stuff !).

I'm sorry Idea/Ikea - I didn't intend to 'get wound up' by Foxes Trust (just trying to defend Birch !) - but my 'keyboard-hand' got carried away - and the bile built up over the years since Administration came out ! I didn't even want to criticise the Trust that much (they do a good job in SOME ways) - its just that I feel a group in such a privileged position, should do more to question Policy and 'make the Board feel a bit more uncomfortable, than they do (and I do get a bit 'ired' about the current trend for partnership/community - that New Labour stuff !).

Often happens though (especially in politics) - a group/individual will rise, rock the boat, get public support, promise everything - then when they have the power (often given so the authority can control them) they often become 'yes' people!

Obviously not saying thats the case with the foxes trust, but it can happen!

Oh God Roy, dont get that kicked off again :ph34r: Ive taken more than my fair share of grief for that fella me lad!

Yes, you're right.

Might be in line for a name change soon........... :devil:

The Birch is a well-intentioned buffoon. Our answer to Delia Smith - only without the sizeable cash investment, the decent bread and butter pudding or the sexual je ne sais quoi.

I wouldn't make him anything of anything. Nor would I sack him, however. He just is, and ever will be.

The Birch is a well-intentioned buffoon. Our answer to Delia Smith - only without the sizeable cash investment, the decent bread and butter pudding or the sexual je ne sais quoi.

I wouldn't make him anything of anything. Nor would I sack him, however. He just is, and ever will be.

Never a better word spoken

Often happens though (especially in politics) - a group/individual will rise, rock the boat, get public support, promise everything - then when they have the power (often given so the authority can control them) they often become 'yes' people!

Obviously not saying thats the case with the foxes trust, but it can happen!

Can't agree with you more Idea/Ikea (great minds etc etc) !

Archived