Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potter3

£250'000?

Apparently if we sell 1000 more tickets than last year Kelly will have £250'000 to spend :huh:

Tickets sale rise 'will help city boss'

Leicester City hope to break last years 14,000 season-ticket sales to boost Robert Kellys hand in the transfer market.

This years campaign has been described by the club as the most important in their history, with the loss of the Premiership 'parachute payments.

City have revealed ticket sales are level with last season and hope they will gather pace, particularly with the discount deadline approaching. Any increase in sales could give Kelly a bigger transfer budget, say the club.

Chief executive Tim Davies has already revealed an extra 1,000 season-ticket holders would give the City boss as much as £250,000.

Chris Tinbergen, Citys head of administration, said: "Sales are on a par with the same stage last season but the club are keen to exceed last years total of more than 14,000.

"Every season-ticket sale is critical in assisting the manager to build for next season."

City remind supporters that the offer of a five-per-cent discount ends at the close of business on Monday.

It is the same deadline for season-ticket holders wanting to renew seats.

Tinbergen said: "Once we are past the deadline date, a recruitment campaign will begin in earnest to try to build the season-ticket base above last seasons."

City have reminded fans that they can avoid queues by buying through the post or online, where the deadline is extended to midnight on Monday.

"We have already reduced queuing times in the ticket office," said Tinbergen. "But, as we approach the deadline, queuing time is expected to increase. As long as postal applications have a postmark of May 15 or earlier we can guarantee fans will keep their current seats and receive the five-per-cent discount."

City, meanwhile, have added a date at Macclesfield to their pre-season fixtures on Tuesday, July 18. They have already confirmed friendlies at Boston on July 12, Stockport on July 21 and Hinckley on July 29.

TheBlueArmy

I think it will be a 1,000 more on top of the thousands or so needed to match last seasons [end of summer total]

I doubt we're level to 14,000 already, might be wrong though!

It could be something as low as 6,000 i doubt we sold 14,000 this stage last season and then sold no more til the start of the season.

I think it will be a 1,000 more on top of the thousands or so needed to match last seasons [end of summer total]

I doubt we're level to 14,000 already, might be wrong though!

It could be something as low as 6,000 i doubt we sold 14,000 this stage last season and then sold no more til the start of the season.

We'd sold between 8,000 - 8,500 before Sat. The target is 11,000 by end of Monday which given the queues on Saturday is certainly realistic I'd say. I reckon we might have an increase of between 500 - 1,000 on last year given the upturn in fortunes and playing style in the latter stages of the season.

We'd sold between 8,000 - 8,500 before Sat. The target is 11,000 by end of Monday which given the queues on Saturday is certainly realistic I'd say. I reckon we might have an increase of between 500 - 1,000 on last year given the upturn in fortunes and playing style in the latter stages of the season.

We were fecking shite, the differnce was we got results, but don't make out we were playing well. If that is accepted as well then we really have dropped our standards.

We were fecking shite, the differnce was we got results, but don't make out we were playing well. If that is accepted as well then we really have dropped our standards.

Agreed, but results is what pulls the crowds in. If it wasn't then we'd have had some bumper crowds under Levein when we flattered to deceive with some good looking football but terrible results. I would like to see an improvement next season in the style of football but more importantly I want to see a similar return of results which was play-off form under Kelly and a top 6 finish next season would be a very very good achievement next season.

I want to see a similar return of results which was play-off form under Kelly and a top 6 finish next season would be a very very good achievement next season.

Indeed it would.

But is the present squad good enough to reach the top 6? :unsure:

Indeed it would.

But is the present squad good enough to reach the top 6? :unsure:

Couldn't say really. I personally think that the run of results we had from February onwards might have given some people false optimism, but then I suppose there isn't any reason why people shouldn't be optimistic because it's a new era and Kelly and the players brought us some impressive results.

The squad is far too small, we have no money to vastly strengthen it so if we get a number of injuries and suspensions like the average club do then we'll probably struggle. Mid table is my guess, if we somehow keep injury free like we did for the remaining 3 months under Kelly then this team can be in and around the play-offs.

Archived