Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

De Vries to consider his options

Not many he didnt,he was dreadfull most games he played for us. For someone of his size i cannot belive how crap he is at heading and he misses so many chances

he still scored as many as everyone else as he still eneded up top scorer despite leaving in january, i am not saying i want him to start, but he is good enought to have in the squad at this level.

he still scored as many as everyone else as he still eneded up top scorer despite leaving in january, i am not saying i want him to start, but he is good enought to have in the squad at this level.

Yer in our squad but no way ahead of the three strikers weve allready got

whatever people say about MDV it's a FACT that he finished last season as our joint leading scorer even thought he missed the last 19 games of the season!!

I support every player in a Leicester shirt and if he is with us next season I will wipe the slate clean and give him my 100% support! Rob Kelly may work wonders with him last Christmas Kisnorbo was getting booed off the pitch when being subed 5months later under Kellys management he has become one of the first names on the teamsheet and a very very valuable member of the squad!!!

And do we get rid of O'Grady then?. Somehow I think not

Kelly will move him on if he can and MDV will take a move if he can so at least the two will be pulling together..

Kelly will move him on if he can and MDV will take a move if he can so at least the two will be pulling together..
And you know this for a fact?

I don't think MDV deserves all of the criticism he is getting from 80% of you, the statistics show he wasn't too bad. However, I certainly would not want to see the Hume-Fryatt partnership splitting. Therefore I think MDV should go because he won't be happy sitting on the bench, unlike O'Grady who is still on a learning curve.

Well it could be argued that MDV was shipped out within days of Rob taking over (albeit as caretaker).

The timing could be coincidental, or it may have been deliberate. One thing's for sure, Rob used the Fryatt/Hume partnership as much as possible, with O'Grady playing a small part - no sign of MDV anywhere there.

If this and other forums only stuck to facts rather than opinions there wouldn't be too much said, especially at this stage of the season. But if you've got an alternative opinion fire away.

Well it could be argued that MDV was shipped out within days of Rob taking over (albeit as caretaker).

The timing could be coincidental, or it may have been deliberate. One thing's for sure, Rob used the Fryatt/Hume partnership as much as possible, with O'Grady playing a small part - no sign of MDV anywhere there.

Having sat in a meeting that included RK, and having heard the reason MDV went (which I have posted elsewhere), the assumptions being made are slightly way off the mark. In fact, I suspect that people have ignored what I have posted purely because they want the guy out. I feel sorry for him.

Having sat in a meeting that included RK, and having heard the reason MDV went (which I have posted elsewhere), the assumptions being made are slightly way off the mark. In fact, I suspect that people have ignored what I have posted purely because they want the guy out. I feel sorry for him.

But if he isnt doing the job on the field then he shouldnt have a place in the squad therefore we have a right to want rid of him

whatever people say about MDV it's a FACT that he finished last season as our joint leading scorer even thought he missed the last 19 games of the season!!

I support every player in a Leicester shirt and if he is with us next season I will wipe the slate clean and give him my 100% support! Rob Kelly may work wonders with him last Christmas Kisnorbo was getting booed off the pitch when being subed 5months later under Kellys management he has become one of the first names on the teamsheet and a very very valuable member of the squad!!!

I agree. He's still a Leicester City player and whilst he is I will get behind him. Although some people don't like the phrase "We're In It Together" I think it's a worthwhile one to remember at times. Like him or not, he's our player and he may, at some stage, be used. People getting on his back won't help him or the team.

I'd also take some of the things he's reported to have said with a pinch of salt. Unless I hear things for myself I won't believe it for sure.

But if he isnt doing the job on the field then he shouldnt have a place in the squad therefore we have a right to want rid of him

He was top or joint top scorer wasn't he? If he's not "doing the job", who is?

Depressing, I know.

It is. I think we all know why de Vries has got to go though. The fact is when he plays, the team seem to be incapable of playing to their strengths and his strengths. That might not be de Vries's fault but we can't really afford to change 10 other players just to fit in 1 player who scored a few goals for us but missed plenty of other scoring opportunities.

de Vries's problem is he's crap in the air and not mobile enough to put pressure on the back four when the ball gets played through the channels like Hume and Fryatt can.

I can't remember what you said at the time of him leaving, could you remind everyone or atleast me as i'm intrigued.

It is. I think we all know why de Vries has got to go though. The fact is when he plays, the team seem to be incapable of playing to their strengths and his strengths. That might not be de Vries's fault but we can't really afford to change 10 other players just to fit in 1 player who scored a few goals for us but missed plenty of other scoring opportunities.

de Vries's problem is he's crap in the air and not mobile enough to put pressure on the back four when the ball gets played through the channels like Hume and Fryatt can.

I can't remember what you said at the time of him leaving, could you remind everyone or atleast me as i'm intrigued.

I don't think anyone's saying we should drop either Hume or Fryatt to play de Vries instead?

All I think is if we can't move him on then he'd be useful as a squad member. If our style of play isn't working then you could change it by bringing him on. I'd rather see him move on and be off the wage bill to free up money for another pleyer/ other players but if that doesn't happen people have got to accept that he will probably play some part for us next season at some stage and we might aswell give him confidence if that moment arrives by keeping off his back. He's got more chance of performing well if people support him.

Just that he was going back to sort his head out, as the boo boys had knocked his confidence.

Just that he was going back to sort his head out, as the boo boys had knocked his confidence.

I don't remember reading that from you at the time but it doesn't surprise me. I've spoken to Mark a couple of times and he doesn't seem the most confident of people at the best of times. When Elvis Hammond is low on confidence his head drops which is clear to see but I think the way MDV shows his lack of confidence is by looking heavy legged. He starts to drag his feet and maybe try to do too much making him look more clumsy than he is. As the Birch says about MDV, you can tell if he's going to have a good game by his first 10 minutes. If they don't go too well he finds it hard to recover.

I don't remember reading that from you at the time but it doesn't surprise me. I've spoken to Mark a couple of times and he doesn't seem the most confident of people at the best of times. When Elvis Hammond is low on confidence his head drops which is clear to see but I think the way MDV shows his lack of confidence is by looking heavy legged. He starts to drag his feet and maybe try to do too much making him look more clumsy than he is. As the Birch says about MDV, you can tell if he's going to have a good game by his first 10 minutes. If they don't go too well he finds it hard to recover.
I'd be hurt by some of the things I've heard and read about those two.

If we can't get rid of de Vries then fair enough i'll support him if he ever plays. He's ok in small doses, but Kelly needs to be wary of the way the team plays when de Vries is on the pitch. It's often unsuccessful, if however Kelly sat all the players down in training and work out a strategy that utilises de Vries's strengths if he plays then he'd be a useful squad member.

My only concern is that Kelly might include de Vries on the bench at the expense of O'Grady because of age and experience and that would be unfair because towards the end of the season O'Grady showed how his game has developed and he gave us something no other striker we have can and that's being able to out muscle defenders, win headers regularly and push the defence further back towards their goal.

If we can't get rid of de Vries then fair enough i'll support him if he ever plays. He's ok in small doses, but Kelly needs to be wary of the way the team plays when de Vries is on the pitch. It's often unsuccessful, if however Kelly sat all the players down in training and work out a strategy that utilises de Vries's strengths if he plays then he'd be a useful squad member.

My only concern is that Kelly might include de Vries on the bench at the expense of O'Grady because of age and experience and that would be unfair because towards the end of the season O'Grady showed how his game has developed and he gave us something no other striker we have can and that's being able to out muscle defenders, win headers regularly and push the defence further back towards their goal.

Maybe there's space for both of them on the bench? A 'keeper, defender, midfielder with de Vries and O'Grady? I prefer de Vries to Hammond myself but that's just me.

So last night, I dragged my sorry árse to a Fitness First gym

There I was cross training away watching ESPN goals special on the plasma screen when lo and behold up pops non other than MDV to score the winner against Spurs in the F A Cup

TBH although it's all history now I still half expected him to miss

Archived