Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

De Vries to consider his options

From Skysports: http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...der+his+options

Leicester City striker Mark de Vries says he will consider his future over the summer after refusing a permanent move to Heerenveen.

The Dutch striker spent the second half of last season on loan at the Eredivisie outfit, who confirmed on Tuesday that they would not be using the option to sign him on a permanent basis.

De Vries is now expected to be back training with Leicester when they begin pre-season on July 3 but admits he is usure whether he will still be at The Walkers Stadium when the season starts in August.

"I will have to wait and see what happens," de Vries told De Telegraaf.

"There should be interest from other clubs, maybe a permanent or loan move will be possible."

The former Hearts front-man was given relatively few opportunities while at Heerenveen, but still managed to bag three goals in nine appearances.

Despite having the option to stay in Holland, de Vries turned the offer down and has since revealed his disappointment at the lack of chances at the club.

"The coach told me he preferred to use other players," he added.

"I could have stayed with Heerenveen but when I heard the club wanted to use me as a pinch-hitter I decided to leave."

i say get rid of him :thumbup:

Leicester City striker Mark de Vries says he will consider his future over the summer after refusing a permanent move to Heerenveen.

"There should be interest from other clubs, maybe a permanent or loan move will be possible."

Big yourself up there de Vries you useless oil tanker of a footballer.

Big yourself up there de Vries you useless oil tanker of a footballer.

I really hope there is interet then we can wave good bye and maybe use his wages elsewhere.

The Dutch striker spent the second half of last season on loan at the Eredivisie outfit, who confirmed on Tuesday that they would not be using the option to sign him on a permanent basis.

De Vries is now expected to be back training with Leicester when they begin pre-season on July 3 but admits he is usure whether he will still be at The Walkers Stadium when the season starts in August.

The former Hearts front-man was given relatively few opportunities while at Heerenveen, but still managed to bag three goals in nine appearances.

Despite having the option to stay in Holland, de Vries turned the offer down and has since revealed his disappointment at the lack of chances at the club.

"I could have stayed with Heerenveen but when I heard the club wanted to use me as a pinch-hitter I decided to leave."

I thought they didn't want him?

Damn, I just hope that we find another foolish manager who will sign him up. Levein needs to get a new job, and quick!

Damn, I just hope that we find another foolish manager who will sign him up. Levein needs to get a new job, and quick!

On the plus side, he's going to consider his position over the summer - a strongish indication that he perhaps isn't completely happy to be playing for us. So if some mindless manager comes in for him, he might just take his chance.

Damn... I just read that Jim Leishman is to remain manager at Dunfermline, he's not moving back into his directors role. That's one less job available to Levein :(

lol

How someone can possibly think this is unbelivable, but for De Vries to believe this!? oh dear, you have to laugh.

Apart from his limitations the following illustrates all that is wrong with MDV returning:

If the quote is accurate that hardly suggests a Kelly-required "earn the shirt" attitude. It smacks of someone who says if you're not going to play me I'm off.

And that, of course, is demonstrable confirmation of what so many of our young players have been up against and will continue to be up against.

The best paid signings expect to be in the squad (might even have been verbally guaranteed selection) so a place has to be found for them. Or alternative employment.

It is the only explanation for some of our selections last season.

I liked Kelly's "earn the shirt" proclamation. I'm yet to be convinced he'll apply it. MDV may well be encouraged to go elsewhere but there are others who seem to be "Chosen Men" whatever their level of performance.

just to play devils advocat, he was joint top scorer last season despite missing the last 16 games

The way Levein set our team up it made him the only attacking threat when he played in games, so I'd expect him to be. Without him we can play a different way, a partnership up front that has proved successful, with a hell of alot of movement up front compared to before. No one that was brought in could strike up a partnership with the oaf, he must be forgotten about else we won't progress. If Kelly dares to bring him back in it's curtains.

Also, did anyone notice how this news was released just after the season ticket discount deadline had ended? :rolleyes::whistle:

Kelly said that he needed squad players so unless there is some firm interest then i cant see him going anywhere unfortunatly!

Juse hope there is some interest. Even if we do send him out on loan, at least it will free up some money!

Have you all forgotten the Spurs game!

He was bloody magnificent that day!

Ian

Akinbadbuy had a good game once. Didn't make him a goalscoring god.

De Vries had a long record of being poor, one good game in the FA Cup will not make up for that.

whatever people say about MDV it's a FACT that he finished last season as our joint leading scorer even thought he missed the last 19 games of the season!!

I support every player in a Leicester shirt and if he is with us next season I will wipe the slate clean and give him my 100% support! Rob Kelly may work wonders with him last Christmas Kisnorbo was getting booed off the pitch when being subed 5months later under Kellys management he has become one of the first names on the teamsheet and a very very valuable member of the squad!!!

Archived