Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship Odds for 2006/7

Why not? But don't lose any sleep thinking about winning. Unless there are major and unexpected changes City have no chance of a top two finish. Optimists might go for top six but we're talking the sort of people who would expect to survive an unaccompanied dive in shark infested waters, miles from the mainland when covered in blood. I'll have a few bob but only to make the matches seem more interesting not because it makes any sense.

Why not? But don't lose any sleep thinking about winning. Unless there are major and unexpected changes City have no chance of a top two finish. Optimists might go for top six but we're talking the sort of people who would expect to survive an unaccompanied dive in shark infested waters, miles from the mainland when covered in blood. I'll have a few bob but only to make the matches seem more interesting not because it makes any sense.

optimistic I see

Quite so. Two out-and-out wingers and we might be in with a chance of a top six placing (but only if they come through the academy). To challenge for the top two, we need to go back to playing exciting football with a proper 2-3-5 formation. :whistle:

So in conclusion, don't bet on city with foxes betting. They're surely going to be in trouble if we ever win anything.

I'm looking through the other teams, and I don't think anyones going to win the championship this year. The last few years teams have struggled after relegation, and I can't see it being any different this year, Birmingham and West brom will lose their best players and sunderland didn't have any in the first place. Preston? Leeds? Norwich? A couple of creative signings (BRING BACK MUZZY) and we've got as good a shout as anyone. Stop shipping silly goals and Matty banging em in, why not?

So in conclusion, don't bet on city with foxes betting. They're surely going to be in trouble if we ever win anything.

I'm looking through the other teams, and I don't think anyones going to win the championship this year. The last few years teams have struggled after relegation, and I can't see it being any different this year, Birmingham and West brom will lose their best players and sunderland didn't have any in the first place. Preston? Leeds? Norwich? A couple of creative signings (BRING BACK MUZZY) and we've got as good a shout as anyone. Stop shipping silly goals and Matty banging em in, why not?

Quite so. Two out-and-out wingers and we might be in with a chance of a top six placing (but only if they come through the academy). To challenge for the top two, we need to go back to playing exciting football with a proper 2-3-5 formation. :whistle:

So long as my team had nine good footballers capable of attack I don't give a toss what system you want to label them under and, of course, your presumably preferred system has been wondrously effective, I notice.

Doubtless you will never tire of the packs-of-harriers approach which has given the club such an abyssmal recent history.

But if you are so confident that grim-will-win I am quite happy to back my opinion with a small bet just to make your mocking a little more interesting and worthwhile. If you want £5 evens for a top six finish against my £5 that it will be the six places on and below half way I'll go with that. Or even top quarter against bottom quarter (assuming present manager and no major funds injection via a takeover).

People sarcastically mention my optimism. Supporting Leicester City has been a trial rather than a pleasure in recent seasons but being a supporter (something that is part of you whether you are excited by it or not) doesn't necessarily blind you to reality.

I have implored this club to get rid of negative players and to increase its attacking potential in various ways to give ourselves the chance of scoring the goals necessary to enable us to challenge at the top end of the table.

Progress has been made but very slowly and the team still carries too many non-attackers and non-creators. I cannot state it more simply than that.

Until the philosophy changes we will continue to underperform whether you take the piss or otherwise.

Or 25-1 at William Hill. :)

:cool:

But to be fair as said is there much point on betting on this as it isn't too likly we will be champions?! I spose it's worth a fiver prehaps, It's 16/1 to 25/1 for a reason! I'd look more a Playoff or just Promotions betting TBH.

I might go put some money on us getting to play-offs! Its worth a shout.

Look at Watford this season!!

I'll definetly be doing that and i'll probably put some on winning the league just to cover myself but the best we'll do is Play-off I think and that could be a big ask!

I'll definetly be doing that and i'll probably put some on winning the league just to cover myself but the best we'll do is Play-off I think and that could be a big ask!

Anyone know what the odds are for a Leicester playoff finish!??

But if you are so confident that grim-will-win I am quite happy to back my opinion with a small bet just to make your mocking a little more interesting and worthwhile. If you want £5 evens for a top six finish against my £5 that it will be the six places on and below half way I'll go with that. Or even top quarter against bottom quarter (assuming present manager and no major funds injection via a takeover).

I'm up for that. First bet preferably, but I'll settle for the second if you'd rather.

Archived