Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship Odds for 2006/7

From OS

Foxes 16/1 To Lift Championship Crown

0,,10274~2840474,00.jpg

Leicester City are priced at 16/1 with FoxesBetting to lift the 2006-07 Championship title.

City finished the 2005-06 campaign as one of the form sides in the division - picking up 28 points from their final 16 games of the season under the stewardship of Rob Kelly.

Birmingham City (4/1), West Bromwich Albion (6/1) and Sunderland (8/1) lead the market having been relegated from the Premiership.

Play-off final losers Leeds United (8/1) come next in the market, with Crystal Palace (9/1) and Wolverhampton Wanderers (10/1) close behind.

Leicester are joined by Preston North End, who were knocked out of the play-offs at the semi final stage, and Coventry City at 16/1.

QPR and newly promoted Colchester and Southend are favourites to be relegated come the end of the season.

City fans can now place their wagers on next season at FoxesBetting, the club's very own online bookmaker.

CLICK HERE to place a bet or open a new account

Championship 2006-07 Odds

Birmingham 4/1

West Brom 6/1

Sunderland 8/1

Leeds 8/1

Crystal Palace 9/1

Wolverhampton 10/1

Southampton 12/1

Norwich 12/1

Coventry 16/1

Leicester 16/1

Preston 16/1

Cardiff 20/1

Ipswich 25/1

Luton 33/1

Hull 50/1

Derby 66/1

Stoke 66/1

Sheff Wed 100/1

Burnley 100/1

Plymouth 100/1

Southend 250/1

Colchester 250/1

QPR 250/1

Norwich 12-1 to win!

*rofl*

why are you so surprised? i doubt very much they will be up there next season. they are a very unhappy bunch at the moment, Worthy out are the calls, they came back from 2-0 down to beat QPR 3-2 and the fans still booed, they even booed when they scored the 3rd. Nothing to fear IMO.

My early prediction so far without all the transfers would be: Southampton to win the league and West Brom to come second. The play-offs is a lottery but I think Coventry will be in there unfortunately and Southend are my surprise bet of the season with Eastwood being the top scorer in the league along with Earnshaw.

why are you so surprised? i doubt very much they will be up there next season. they are a very unhappy bunch at the moment, Worthy out are the calls, they came back from 2-0 down to beat QPR 3-2 and the fans still booed, they even booed when they scored the 3rd. Nothing to fear IMO.

I'm surprised because they are lousy short odds. Particularly when you see Preston at 16-1 - that must be a reaction to the rumours of Davies leaving - 10-1 seems more realistic for them. 25-1 would seem better value for Naaarch. Even the most diehard Naaarch fan wouldn't be tempted, surely?

I'm surprised because they are lousy short odds. Particularly when you see Preston at 16-1 - that must be a reaction to the rumours of Davies leaving - 10-1 seems more realistic for them. 25-1 would seem better value for Naaarch. Even the most diehard Naaarch fan wouldn't be tempted, surely?

We should be at 25's or 33's. 16-1 is piss poor value for a team that nearly went down last season only for a revival from Kelly. Do they think Kelly is the real deal now then?

We should be at 25's or 33's. 16-1 is piss poor value for a team that nearly went down last season only for a revival from Kelly. Do they think Kelly is the real deal now then?

I think its more to do with our front pairing, they got rave reviews in most games.

I think its more to do with our front pairing, they got rave reviews in most games.

Yes but it's still not good value for money. What happens if one of them or both of them get injured? Then you are looking at relegation fodder. Plus in the games they played together, never did they both score in a match and never did one of them score more than one goal in a match. Don't get me wrong they are both brilliant, but I am very surprised we have been given such short odds when we've been disgustingly poor for 2 seasons now.

Yes but it's still not good value for money. What happens if one of them or both of them get injured? Then you are looking at relegation fodder. Plus in the games they played together, never did they both score in a match and never did one of them score more than one goal in a match. Don't get me wrong they are both brilliant, but I am very surprised we have been given such short odds when we've been disgustingly poor for 2 seasons now.

I do agree with you, however i was attempting too look at it from an outside point of view, i think we should expect big things from both Hume and Fryatt. Any team that has strikers that will score goals will get short odds, but then you look at Preston who have been consistently good for four years and its a bit of a joke.

16/1???

We should be about 100/1. We have an untested manager, been god awful for the best part of 2 years, our crowds are dwindling and we have no money. I know the bookies get it right most of the time, but I can't see what they are looking at.

16/1???

We should be about 100/1. We have an untested manager, been god awful for the best part of 2 years, our crowds are dwindling and we have no money. I know the bookies get it right most of the time, but I can't see what they are looking at.

They nearly got stung on us in 04/05 when they offered us at 125/1 to go down and nearly did. They were looking at a 6 figure loss had that happened according to FoxFanzine. They are probably trying to put us at odds that aren't good value for the punter and therefore won't have any worries as we are too unpredictable.

They nearly got stung on us in 04/05 when they offered us at 125/1 to go down and nearly did. They were looking at a 6 figure loss had that happened according to FoxFanzine. They are probably trying to put us at odds that aren't good value for the punter and therefore won't have any worries as we are too unpredictable.

I know what you mean. But the mmod I am in I'll argue that we will be predictably crap again next season :ph34r:

Up the City and all that :scarf:

Birmingham 4/1

West Brom 6/1

Sunderland 8/1

Leeds 8/1

Crystal Palace 9/1

Wolverhampton 10/1

Southampton 12/1

Norwich 12/1

Coventry 16/1

Leicester 16/1

Preston 16/1

Cardiff 20/1

Ipswich 25/1

Luton 33/1

Hull 50/1

Derby 66/1

Stoke 66/1

Sheff Wed 100/1

Burnley 100/1

Plymouth 100/1

Southend 250/1

Colchester 250/1

QPR 250/1

Leeds are a good bet. Leicester can dream on. Sunderland 8/1 :P Im surprised to see ipswich at 25/1, there about as good as us.

Leeds are a good bet. Leicester can dream on. Sunderland 8/1 :P Im surprised to see ipswich at 25/1, there about as good as us.

You'll see alot more market movement on the leaue odds when the transfer dealings are in mid flow, and the world cups out of the way

Ladbrokes

Birmingham - 4/1

West Brom - 11/2

Leeds - 7/1

Crystal Palace - 8/1

Sunderland - 9/1

Norwich - 12/1

Preston - 12/1

Southampton - 12/1

Wolves - 12/1

Coventry - 20/1

Leicester - 20/1

Cardiff - 25/1

Derby - 33/1

Hull - 40/1

Ipswich - 40/1

Luton - 40/1

Plymouth - 50/1

Sheffield Wednesday - 50/1

Stoke - 50/1

Burnley - 66/1

QPR - 66/1

Southend - 80/1

Colchester - 100/1

Thats more like it!

16/1 = Shite...

20/1 = Abit better, i'd still expect more for my money though.

Archived