Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Foxes Talk End of year awards

Right I'm gonna take on the role of organising the awards for this year.

Right the way it will run is There will be so many catorgaries and you will just have to vote for what or who ever you think deserves the awards.

If everyone sent their nominations to me via PM or email then I'll do all the awards. So we need ideas for awards I'll start a few see if you can think of any good catagories.

Poster of the year

Most improved poster

Forum comidian

Best newcomer (after September/October time)

Forums best asset

Your favourite poster

Most Controversial poster

Most informative poster

Young poster of the year U16

King and Queen. (top male and female posters)

Best Events organiser

Kickabout footballer of the year.

Most Dedicated poster

Person you'd most like to meet (if you haven't meet them)

Anymore ideas would be great and we could have a vote on the best catagories.

Most boring poster

Best awayer

The Kevin Pressman greedy poster award (Post for the hell of it, with no meaning, just to up the post count)

Most economic poster

Best sig/avatar

Best double act (e.g. Scowy & Petrescu, BM & TB etc etc)

I dunno, shit ideas, but better ones may develop from them :thumbup:

Best Post

Best Thread

Dyslexic Award :P

Die-hard LCFC Fan Award (to the person who has contributed most to LCFCs cause i.e. season ticket holder for X years, done something incredible just to see LCFC, donated a lot of money etc.)

Best Post

Best Thread

Dyslexic Award :P

Die-hard LCFC Fan Award (to the person who has contributed most to LCFCs cause i.e. season ticket holder for X years, done something incredible just to see LCFC, donated a lot of money etc.)

35549[/snapback]

Well after having conversations on MSN with Mr.Teeno i think he gets that award ^_^

Sounds like a good idea, can I make two observations/comments.

1) I think all posts should be of a positive nature, there is enough negativety and animosity on this site with out risking more.

2) You can only judge on what you know about so ideas like:

Young poster of the year U16

Best Events organiser

Kickabout footballer of the year.

Best awayer

although are nice and positive would be difficult to judge and limited to a few voters.

If the nominations are being sent to Teeno, and he doesn't tell anyone peoples nominations, I think you should be able to have ones like 'Most Annoying' etc. because no one will know who voted for you and how many votes you got.

If the nominations are being sent to Teeno, and he doesn't tell anyone peoples nominations, I think you should be able to have ones like 'Most Annoying' etc. because no one will know who voted for you and how many votes you got.

35580[/snapback]

Well let's hope that if you win it won't upset you too much. These things are ok if it's done with a bit of fun, but to be voted for example most annoying by lots of people on this site will do nothing to engendered goodwill. I stand by what I say, perhaps that will win me the most boring accolade ;)

Most boring poster

Best awayer

The Kevin Pressman greedy poster award (Post for the hell of it, with no meaning, just to up the post count)

Most economic poster

Best sig/avatar

Best double act (e.g. Scowy & Petrescu, BM & TB etc etc)

I dunno, shit ideas, but better ones may develop from them :thumbup:

35520[/snapback]

Whats the point in that? Not really an award? Is it so you can win something? :rolleyes:lol

35580[/snapback]

Well let's hope that if you win it won't upset you too much. These things are ok if it's done with a bit of fun, but to be voted for example most annoying by lots of people on this site will do nothing to engendered goodwill. I stand by what I say, perhaps that will win me the most boring accolade ;)

35583[/snapback]

I wouldn't care if I won it because I know its just a bit of fun.

I dont mind what people vote me down as, biggest nob, most anoying, stupid arsehole, bad breathed kebab eating sausage jockey, i dont mind, i wont take it personally.;)

35580[/snapback]

35583[/snapback]

35599[/snapback]

I think you're missing the point, I wouldn't mind either but some people might, it lowers the tone of the forum and encourages derogatory personal statements.

We then end up with someone being banned and 100 thread post full of accusations and counter accusations, but hey if that's what people think is fun and want then go ahead it's just my opinion. Whatever rocks your whatever.

35580[/snapback]

35583[/snapback]

35599[/snapback]

I think you're missing the point, I wouldn't mind either but some people might, it lowers the tone of the forum and encourages derogatory personal statements.

We then end up with someone being banned and 100 thread post full of accusations and counter accusations, but hey if that's what people think is fun and want then go ahead it's just my opinion. Whatever rocks your whatever.

35605[/snapback]

That rings a bell....

I didnt ask for it though matey, nice of people to side up for me but i didnt expect it and didnt really deserve it.

I like to see what people vote, if you cant say what you feel on a forum then theres not really anywhere you can say it.

Or send the votes to someone, he posts the results, and then a few days later reveal who voted for who. Because if you put your votes in the open forum, they may influence other poster's votes.

It should be up to Petrescu/Moderators to decide.....

No point starting the voting till December time just wanting ideas now.

I think If people voted on a thread then it wouldn't be as good, the suspence of finding out who won what would be much better. I could revel who voted for who after the awards were given like, but If votes were done on a thread then peoples votes would be influenced and it would be as interesting.

Secret ballots are the future.

I would hate to see another 'fight' break out just because somebody misconstrued a vote, or was genuinely offended.

Archived