Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Mark de Vries

Mark De Vries,  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with him

• Release him
    • Transfer list
    • Keep him, he could be quite useful if we need a big man
    • Keep him, use him in the reserves and make up the numbers
    • Start him up front

maybe he could justify his wages by dressing up as Filbert Fox or selling programmes or hot dogs & then come on for the last 10 minutes if we're 0-1 (maybe dressed up as FF - he can't do any worse).

I understand that some clubs have asked for more than the one match sales video for MDV (versus THFC) & that's where we keep coming unstuck.

It depends on how his season goes for me, in pre-season and the first few games last season De Vries was very sharp and in much better shape, so lets see how he comes back this season, injuries will always be a problem for him I think but if he can stay fit for the most part he could be useful back-up but i dont see him rivalling Hume or Fryatt. Right now though if you asked me, i'd transfer list him, O' Grady is a better player with better attributes than De Vries and Hammond gives us pure speed and the chance of the odd goal, especially when defences are tired.

Unfortunately that route was tried last season but failed pretty miserably.

But his goals per game record for Heerenveen, when he was fit enough to play for them, was actually quite good..

Give him a chance, he's never going to be ahead of Hume or Fryatt but he could be a good other option if on form. I'd say keep him, see what he does in training and then hopefully he'll be able to have a worthwhile impact on the season. I personally believe from his Cup performances that de Vries could be a very good assest as backup in the Premiership - if we were to get back there I could see him doing a good job.

Id pay someone to take him :unsure:

here here!!! but i think they would need far more than i can afford!! to persuade them to take him, he was poor last year!! he was poor for Hearts!! and he was poor for heerenvein when he played there, what more proof do we need that he is just simply CRAP!! :rolleyes:

here here!!! but i think they would need far more than i can afford!! to persuade them to take him, he was poor last year!! he was poor for Hearts!! and he was poor for heerenvein when he played there, what more proof do we need that he is just simply CRAP!! :rolleyes:

i agree but he ended up our top scorer last season. what does that say for the rest of the team?

i agree but he ended up our top scorer last season. what does that say for the rest of the team?

Matty fryatt only played 16 games (and got close behing MDV) hume hardly played under CL, the midfeild apart from joey didnt really peak last season, and as for Hammond, and hammil "coughs" they were given to many chances to waste!!if hume and fryatt had been playing from square one, i know fryatt couldnt cus he werent here but if he was baught in the summer as predicted and him and hume played right threw then MDV with 9 goals would have been yards behind!!!

Archived