Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

My day at Lincoln.

Before the game i was walking around the city looking for a place to drink. I was walking along the riverside, then imagine my surprise when behind me came the leicester coach! therefore i watched them all come off the bus + they went into a bar/restaurant for some pre-match food, i spoke to RK and got all the players autographs before they had some food. once they had finished they all came to sit downstairs and sat in their friendship groups. all the young players sat with each other - sheehan, stearman, levi, wes + dodds, but also another young coloured boy but i didnt know he was, he didnt play in the game but was in the squad + warmed up, does anyone know who he was?

Before the game i was walking around the city looking for a place to drink. I was walking along the riverside, then imagine my surprise when behind me came the leicester coach! therefore i watched them all come off the bus + they went into a bar/restaurant for some pre-match food, i spoke to RK and got all the players autographs before they had some food. once they had finished they all came to sit downstairs and sat in their friendship groups. all the young players sat with each other - sheehan, stearman, levi, wes + dodds, but also another young coloured boy but i didnt know he was, he didnt play in the game but was in the squad + warmed up, does anyone know who he was?

Possibly Max Gradel. Quite smallish, looks like Momo Sylla's nephew

Gradel and Eric Odihiambo were mentioned. Both good prospects. Gradel is a right winger who scores lots of goals so doubtless would have been wearing protective clothing of some sort!!!

There's something quite reassuring, sensible and unpretentious about Kelly's approach to this pre-season. Pre-match at the pub, no pointless overseas trips to Iceland or Finland, half-time team talks on the pitch, no massive turnover of staff. It all smacks of trying to get the players to relax a little; a contrast to the more uptight approach of one or two of Kelly's predecessors. Perhaps not a bad thing for a young squad?

There's something quite reassuring, sensible and unpretentious about Kelly's approach to this pre-season. Pre-match at the pub, no pointless overseas trips to Iceland or Finland, half-time team talks on the pitch, no massive turnover of staff. It all smacks of trying to get the players to relax a little; a contrast to the more uptight approach of one or two of Kelly's predecessors. Perhaps not a bad thing for a young squad?

Anything has got to be better than last years pre-season. We thrashed a couple of teams then got thrashed ourselves. No competitive game in sight.

Quite agree. He's certainly down to earth and unpretentious is Kelly.

There's something quite reassuring, sensible and unpretentious about Kelly's approach to this pre-season. Pre-match at the pub, no pointless overseas trips to Iceland or Finland, half-time team talks on the pitch , no massive turnover of staff. It all smacks of trying to get the players to relax a little; a contrast to the more uptight approach of one or two of Kelly's predecessors. Perhaps not a bad thing for a young squad?

Probably because we were terrible in the first half. Remeber it has happened before at Sincil Bank just last season when Grimsby were losing 3 or 4-0 :D

I like the way Kelly tries to keep things simple where possible. At our level, it doesn't need to be as complicated as it has been over the past few years. I'm re-assured by Kelly at times, even when he might do something I don't agree with he'll then follow it up with two things that I do agree with. This scientific approach thing sounds like he's also keen to look at ways to enhance the squad, but he's not gung ho about it. He's selective in what he wants to introduce and he'll always make sure the club doesn't lsoe focus of what he wants us to achieve. The word i'm looking for is he's very thorough and level headed.

yes, i think it may have been. he did look like sylla and he seemed most friendly with sylla, it was definetely not chambers. did anyone else see this kid warming up? he was scoring some crackers.

yes, i think it may have been. he did look like sylla and he seemed most friendly with sylla, it was definetely not chambers. did anyone else see this kid warming up? he was scoring some crackers.

It probably was Gradel, very skillfull but very erratic aswell.

Guest Gist

I like the way Kelly tries to keep things simple where possible. At our level, it doesn't need to be as complicated as it has been over the past few years. I'm re-assured by Kelly at times, even when he might do something I don't agree with he'll then follow it up with two things that I do agree with. This scientific approach thing sounds like he's also keen to look at ways to enhance the squad, but he's not gung ho about it. He's selective in what he wants to introduce and he'll always make sure the club doesn't lsoe focus of what he wants us to achieve. The word i'm looking for is he's very thorough and level headed.

I agree he has seemed to get rid of that ' We belong in the premeiership ' feel that most fans beleive.

Gradel is a decent little player but the biggest drama queen at the club and the rest of the first team squad know he is already. Not sure how often he trained with the first team squad last season but they all seemed to know what he's all about when they stayed behind to watch him play at Belvoir Drive once last season. A player worth hanging on to but needs to push on another level now.

I agree he has seemed to get rid of that ' We belong in the premiership ' feel that most fans beleive.

WE do..

But a lot other teams in this league can make similar claims..

As Kelly convinces the players that they have to earn promotion, he'll do OK this season..

Where did they go for food?

When you say the Riverside are you talking about the Brayford Wharf?

I'm just curious, that's all.

' date='Jul 25 2006, 04:45 PM' post='355335']

Where did they go for food?

When you say the Riverside are you talking about the Brayford Wharf?

I'm just curious, that's all.

it may have been the Brayford Wharf, there were several pubs and restaurants along the river bank. they ate in the Marriott Hotel restaurant.

GCSE's?

is he 16 yet? still think he was rushed in long before he was ready

he would have just done them + would be getting his results this summer holiday. must of been great for him after making his debut, going into school the next day saying "i played for leicester last night"

GCSE's?

is he 16 yet? still think he was rushed in long before he was ready

You can't say things like that, Jay. :whistle:

Archived