Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fleckney Fox

Top 6

There are so many teams going for a top 6 place like WBA, Brum, Sunderland, Southampton, Preston, Norwich, Derby ( i dont think so but some do) .....

Can we sneak in there ?? Watford did it last year

Discuss

I don't believe we can. That's all I want to say on the matter.

By the way

welcome.jpg

All this 'Watford did it' stuff is enough to drive someone insane.

Unfortunately, being able to do a Watford doesn't apply to just one team at a time. This is a division with 24 teams. Some you expect to challenge for promotion, and some you expect to linger in relegation territory.

Just for argument's sake, split the league in two and you have 12 teams you suspect capable of promotion and 12 you'd expect to do nothing or struggle.

That means you've got 12 teams capable of 'doing a Watford.'

Back to your original question...

I don't think Sunderland will do too well, they didn't exactly strengthen in the Premiership. Probably top 6, but they won't find it easy. I think Preston won't achieve what they've managed in the past two seasons now they're without Davies. WBA and Brum might also struggle to adapt this season, but they are reasonably likely to end up in the top 6.

As for Norwich, can't really see it myself, although they'll do better this year I think. Derby are only mentioned because they've got Billy Davies and they spent a little cash. I don't see them breaking into the top 6, but they might flirt with it.

I believe ...... I can fly, In miracles (delete as appropriate)

Maybe i'm a fool,

to feel the way i do

but i would play the fool forever,

just to be with you forever!

(chours)

I believe in miracles

lots of miracles,

and yes, baby your my dream come true!

I was lost,

now im free!

Oh baby please try to believe,

I do, believe in you and me!

See i was lost

now i'm free

Oh, and I reckon we're worth a Top 6 this season, for what that's worth.

[cue: mocking posts with rolling eyes!]

Maybe i'm a fool,

to feel the way i do

but i would play the fool forever,

just to be with you forever!

(chours)

I believe in miracles

lots of miracles,

and yes, baby your my dream come true!

I was lost,

now im free!

Oh baby please try to believe,

I do, believe in you and me!

See i was lost

now i'm free

Oh, and I reckon we're worth a Top 6 this season, for what that's worth.

[cue: mocking posts with rolling eyes!]

:rolleyes:

True. In that way, I very much remind myself of a young Ruth Madoc.

Blimey have you got a welsh lilt and some tits then? How :blush:

We're going up this season. Champions, Runners Up or through the play offs we're going to do it!! This is our year!!

The thing is, as it has been pointed out in this thread, a lot of other good clubs are thinking exactly the same as us now..

We shown at the end of last season that we are capable of doing well in this division, and I do believe that we are capable of 5th/6th place in the Championship.

You know, it really can be down to luck..

We will be playing Luton on the opening day of the Championship, and anything could happen for example; Humey could trip over in the penalty box accidently in the 88th minute, we get a penalty, 1-0 City Final Score and confidence is high. We did it on TV! Were going play-offs! 3 points! etc. etc.

However it can go completely the other way and Luton could get a lucky deflexion (spelling ;)) and our heads go down and.. well I wont carry on because its making me cringe (spelling again ;)) but there definetly is a 'it-could-go-either-way' factor in football which our season could depend on, and for that maybe sport in general.

:thumbup:

I'm operating a 'Wait and See' policy. I'll wait to see if we're in the top 6 in May... then I'll get excited!!! :whistle:

I am also going to follow this general policy, this league is very close and things change very quickly

Archived