Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

The bench

Kelly appears to be going for a safety-first approach with six or seven defensive-minded players in his XI. That's fine if we win our first six games 1-0. This would probably breed confidence and more expansive football.

I hope RK doesn't go down the CL route of not having enough cards up his sleeve should he need to change things. An aspect of Craig Levein's tenure as manager was his inability to change a game where the scoreline was 0-0 or 0-1.

Is there any need for any defensive players on the bench? Presumably O'Grady and Hammond + a keeper will be there on the bench on Saturday.

Who would you pick as your 5 subs, given that we know the makeup of the team apart from the Hughes/Williams place?

How ironic that, apart perhaps from O'Grady, Dodds and Hammond, the only player who has genuinely shone in pre-season, Levi Porter, doesn't get a mention.

Says it all to me.

He's not really shone that much, he just looks to have potential, the reason the I would choose the others ahead of him is, becuase they can physically compete with the oposition aswell. I was also more impressed with dodds thsn I was of porter.

I really don't think levi would be able to cut it at championship level, not yet anyway, maybea loan to a league 2 or league 1 club would benefit us and him like iit did O grady and Logan.

How ironic that, apart perhaps from O'Grady, Dodds and Hammond, the only player who has genuinely shone in pre-season, Levi Porter, doesn't get a mention.

Says it all to me.

Oh god, I forgot about Porter. He'd be on my bench, but if we play long ball then he'd be wasted anyway.

Says it all to me.

So you've seen him not touch the ball against RS and play in a team that beat last years champions league quarter finalists Hinckley United, from that and your reading of match reports you have decided that he is the only player who has shone in pre-season. Your so biased its Unbelievable.

Guest Gist

I can only hazard a guess based on RK's hints and others' descriptions of the friendlies.

My own guess will be that he'll go for:

Logan, McAuley, O'Grady, Hammond and then one of Porter/Hughes/Williams.

That's the bench I'd have but I would have williams starting with Hughes defo on the bench ahead of Porter.

Exactly what I would pick and what I think RK will pick too.

Sort off agree apart from Kentons inclusion, I don't see the point in naming a centre half on the bench when you already have two playing Full back and two full backs playing on the wing. I would name another forward minded player on the bench.

So you've seen him not touch the ball against RS and play in a team that beat last years champions league quarter finalists Hinckley United, from that and your reading of match reports you have decided that he is the only player who has shone in pre-season. Your so biased its Unbelievable.

who did hinkley beat?

Archived