Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brendan

Who is going Luton

I have no interest in going.

Ironically I really love the atmosphere at away matches but under the recent regimes the games have little to do with football. The whole approach is exactly as one poster described it yesterday: an exercise in not getting beaten.

I remember Reading away when Craig Levein just hauled everyone back behind the halfway line from the off and simply fought a rearguard action which inevitably failed.

Ah. Good side. League leaders some will say (not that it would make any odds to me).

And so off to Sheffield Wednesday who were about as threatening as a spent firework.

We go 1-0 up in no time with a marauding approach and then immediately and inexplicably fall back on defence, suffer an injury which makes it worse and lose the game by tactical default.

The examples were many. Southampton to end the season was worse than pathetic and Ipswich was another example of City conceding the game before the off with such an inexplicably negative approach.

I'll watch the Luton game, no doubt, and if it wasn't on TV I'd listen on the radio. But forking out £50-£80 for the sort of football we've been serving up and therefore for the prospect of a booze-up with friends just doesn't appeal.

If the approach changed I would change in a shot and be more than willing to go anywhere with the team. But until it does change - at least I'm not long getting back into my front room after home games, even bad ones.

I have a good idea by now what the team will be and it will have exactly the same limitations as the favoured team last season.

Kelly is not one for surprising people.

I still think, and hope, we'll win mind. I just don't want to pay to watch the sort of football it'll take.

I have no interest in going.

Ironically I really love the atmosphere at away matches but under the recent regimes the games have little to do with football. The whole approach is exactly as one poster described it yesterday: an exercise in not getting beaten.

I remember Reading away when Craig Levein just hauled everyone back behind the halfway line from the off and simply fought a rearguard action which inevitably failed.

Ah. Good side. League leaders some will say (not that it would make any odds to me).

And so off to Sheffield Wednesday who were about as threatening as a spent firework.

We go 1-0 up in no time with a marauding approach and then immediately and inexplicably fall back on defence, suffer an injury which makes it worse and lose the game by tactical default.

The examples were many. Southampton to end the season was worse than pathetic and Ipswich was another example of City conceding the game before the off with such an inexplicably negative approach.

I'll watch the Luton game, no doubt, and if it wasn't on TV I'd listen on the radio. But forking out £50-£80 for the sort of football we've been serving up and therefore for the prospect of a booze-up with friends just doesn't appeal.

If the approach changed I would change in a shot and be more than willing to go anywhere with the team. But until it does change - at least I'm not long getting back into my front room after home games, even bad ones.

I have a good idea by now what the team will be and it will have exactly the same limitations as the favoured team last season.

Kelly is not one for surprising people.

I still think, and hope, we'll win mind. I just don't want to pay to watch the sort of football it'll take.

Ipswich and Southampton indeed might have been poor away performances but that wasn't down to the negative way the team played just down to the fact that they played crap in those games. Or isn't that possible? You often get confused with playing crap and losing with playing negatively. In both of those games we played probably exactly the same team as we did in the rest of the games under Kelly, it's just we played crap.

We were f**king dreadful at Ipswich and Southampton. 2 of only 3 games I saw under Kelly :angry:

Was that down to negative tactics or just playing crap though? Thracian doesn't seem to understand that just because you play crap doesn't mean there has been a negative approach an attacking. Teams play crap every so often, we seem to regularly. That's not because we're negative but more because we're not good enough.

I spent nearly 6 years living in sh!tty Luton .... so I'm not going back!

Got the Fosse lads coming to the Shire of Oxford to watch the game on Sat before our first pre-season friendly on Sunday against Chinnor FC.

Up the Foxes, and come on the Fosse!!

And lasses! :cry:

Not going Luton. When i went into the ticket office on Friday there was plenty of tickets left!!

Come on Leicester, not bothered about the Fosse.

Now then you!

Archived