Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

What's the problem with O'Grady

Perhas O'Grady just isn't up to this level of football.

He'd be one of the first I'd put on my team sheet in the present situation.

When he's confident he can score goals but even when he's not scoring you get 100% from COG and all the team benefits rather like Heskey in MON days although I'm not suggesting he's in that class by any means.

He's the only player we have who can consistently hold the ball up. He brings others into play in an uncomplicated way, he's forever finding something useful to do and he links particularly well with a genuine passer like Levi Porter.

I'd imagine he's also close to being the fittest player in the squad. He's strong and he's the only forward we've got who wins headers in central areas.

I like that. I like players who can do different things well and compliment each other as a whole.

But non of us have seen a lot of him since he returned from Rushden and I can be as wrong as anyone else.

He'd be one of the first I'd put on my team sheet in the present situation.

When he's confident he can score goals but even when he's not scoring you get 100% from COG and all the team benefits rather like Heskey in MON days although I'm not suggesting he's in that class by any means.

He's the only player we have who can consistently hold the ball up. He brings others into play in an uncomplicated way, he's forever finding something useful to do and he links particularly well with a genuine passer like Levi Porter.

I'd imagine he's also close to being the fittest player in the squad. He's strong and he's the only forward we've got who wins headers in central areas.

I like that. I like players who can do different things well and compliment each other as a whole.

But non of us have seen a lot of him since he returned from Rushden and I can be as wrong as anyone else.

I agree with what you have said about him , and I would start him alongside fryatt on saturday.

I don't think Hume and Fryatt have done much wrong throughout the first two games of the season. Fryatt has been one of our better players but what do you expect Iain Hume to do in front of goal when he's having to chase back into his own half to pick the ball up because there's no midfielders looking to take the ball off the back four and he's having to challenge 6 foot + defenders in the air. Yes, if we continue to play hoof football we may as well start with O'Grady and de Vries up front but equally we would be better off with McAuley up front at the moment. We should be looking to change the midfield around ahead of the strike force because if you give Matty and Iain service they will score goals. No question.

I don't think Hume's done much wrong either. But I don't there's any chance Kelly will play anything but 4-4-2 so I can't easily play all three though it wouldn't bother me if one of them played in the hole, as has crossed my mind on several occasions.

But, sticking with 4-4-2 I think O'Grady is better at more things. In particular we don't have anyone winning headers or holding the ball for what is often slow support. I would expect to use Hume second half.

I don't think Hume's done much wrong either. But I don't there's any chance Kelly will play anything but 4-4-2 so I can't easily play all three though it wouldn't bother me if one of them played in the hole, as has crossed my mind on several occasions.

But, sticking with 4-4-2 I think O'Grady is better at more things. In particular we don't have anyone winning headers or holding the ball for what is often slow support. I would expect to use Hume second half.

Put hume on the wing :D

Hume, even as a central midfielder would probably bring more to the team than he's been able to up front so far this season. The only times he's touched the ball with his feet have been when he's dropped into that position anyway. I will mention it yet again. I don't think we miss Joey greatly but he used to pick the ball up in midfield and take it forwards. I think Hume could do a similar job for the team. I like Chris O'Grady, I think he has many skills but I wouldn't like to see Hume dropped completely to make way for him.

As our midfield is weak in my opinion I wouldn't be against seeing Hume play central midfield with O'Grady and Fryatt up front but I can't see it happening. Having said that, I don't think Kelly will be afraid to make changes. I know he didn't at the end of last season but if he thinks someone can come in and do a better job then I think he will make the necessary changes. I really believe that.

By all means tell us the facts Leesoh. Everything I've seen written so far suggests there's been a communicative disaster quite apart from whether our team selection was beyond reasonable logic.

If there's a reasonable explanation there won't be anything to discuss, will there?

You are the one making implications. As you are not in possession of any of the facts, why else mention it other than to stir things up even more. You carry on with your slur campaign, but people are more than capable of making their own minds up about the management.

Add something constructive with pleasure but don't imply criticism of people who ARE prepared to ask some awkward questions.
I look forward to seeing you at the open meeting then. Perhaps you can direct them towards the people concerned. :thumbup:

You are the one making implications. As you are not in possession of any of the facts, why else mention it other than to stir things up even more. You carry on with your slur campaign, but people are more than capable of making their own minds up about the management.

I look forward to seeing you at the open meeting then. Perhaps you can direct them towards the people concerned. :thumbup:

If you think I'm going to spend an evening listening to nebulous replies while someone like Alan Birchenall acts as a tame electricity conductor, forget it.

There willl be plenty of people asking questions without me lengthening the proceedings. I'm not one for waiting around for permisssion to speak in any case.

If you think I'm going to spend an evening listening to nebulous replies while someone like Alan Birchenall acts as a tame electricity conductor, forget it.

There willl be plenty of people asking questions without me lengthening the proceedings. I'm not one for waiting around for permisssion to speak in any case.

You can't feel that strongly then.

You can't feel that strongly then.

I might feel extremely strongly about certain things but it doesn't mean that I want to spend an evening beholden to a circus situation and nor does it convince me that I'd make the slightest impression on set minds.

I've made over 5,000 comments on this forum and don't believe I've influenced your thinking one tiny bit.

So why the hell should I be nieve enough to think my four pennyworth would make the slightest difference in an open meeting where, by definition, it is extremely unlikely that any rational discussion would ensue considering everyone else would want to discuss their issues?.

It's the same with Kelly and attacking teams really. He gets the feedback from this forum without doubt but neither my efforts nor those of umpteen others has had the slightest effect as yet.

Around 20% now want Kelly gone. It started much more slowly with Levein. But Levein remained stubborn to the end and doubtless Kelly will too.

So despite the fact that failure to change WILL cost him his job, why would my spouting off at an open meeting have any more effect on Kelly than comments written here? He'll do what he chooses.

I might feel extremely strongly about certain things but it doesn't mean that I want to spend an evening beholden to a circus situation and nor does it convince me that I'd make the slightest impression on set minds.

I've made over 5,000 comments on this forum and don't believe I've influenced your thinking one tiny bit.

So why the hell should I be nieve enough to think my four pennyworth would make the slightest difference in an open meeting where, by definition, it is extremely unlikely that any rational discussion would ensue considering everyone else would want to discuss their issues?.

It's the same with Kelly and attacking teams really. He gets the feedback from this forum without doubt but neither my efforts nor those of umpteen others has had the slightest effect as yet.

Around 20% now want Kelly gone. It started much more slowly with Levein. But Levein remained stubborn to the end and doubtless Kelly will too.

So despite the fact that failure to change WILL cost him his job, why would spouting off at an open meeting have any more effect than comments written here?

Do you realise how patronising that comes across?

Why on earth would RK have an expurgated version of your posts on this forum fed to him?

Even if he did live in this alternate reality where this supposedly happens, why the hell should he listen to your opinion on how to select a football team?

What a ridiculously supercilious attitude! Ludicrous!

Why on earth would RK have an expurgated version of your posts on this forum fed to him?

Even if he did live in this alternate reality where this supposedly happens, why the hell should he listen to your opinion on how to select a football team?

Not my posts, any posts. It has been shown time and again that forum comments get seen/noted by the club and passed on if felt appropriate. If you doubt me, post libel on here and see how quickly it gets picked up or have a go at the OS reporting.

As for Kelly listening to my/anyone's opinion I thought I made it clear that he wouldn't...as demonstrated by the perpetually defensive teams which have left us looking so forlorn at the bottom of the table.

You might draw attention to my comments but I must have talked with 25 fans at and after the Burnley match and everyone expressed bewilderment at the City selection, the tactics and the obsession with playing defenders on the flanks.

The air of disatisfaction was palpable. Some vented their feelings but most just shrunk off home, disillusioned.

So angle it how you like. It's not just me that thinks that if things don't change that disatisfaction will get worse. And I'd rather Kelly think again than get the sack. Is that so wrong - either for Kelly or the club?

And another thing. Although I didn't boo, I am amazed how intollerant you were of people who booed the City on Tuesday when you are so equally intollerant and vitriolic towards any posters on the forum who happen to think they've a right to boo. Talk about the pot calling the kettle...

I'd guess you sit in the same section of the crowd as Leesoh and probably consider yourself one of the "real" fans but how you can criticise other people's intollerance when you are so clearly just as reactionary is beyond my limited understanding.

Perhaps you see your unswerving "loyalty" as praiseworthy - and well it might be - but there are others who would rather express their concerns before the club goes any further up the proverbial creek rather than when it's too late.

And if the club responds positively it could turn out that their stance will prove to have done the club a greater service than not being critical..

I don't suppose you've wondered if they might be right. But if they're not, there's rather a lot of woefully mistaken idiots around right now.

I wasn't conducting a PR exercise. Just giving you a straightforward reply.
Well here's another one. I don't appreciate being told what to do, say, or think. I would guess from the reaction of some others, they don't either.

Too right, and I get called Glib and Patronising! :o

Well here's another one. I don't appreciate being told what to do, say, or think. I would guess from the reaction of some others, they don't either.

You made the suggestion. I only responded to it and now you're in a lather because I don't fancy being conducted at some meeting which, you can bet, will be subtly sanitised.

If you disagree with that opinion, fine. You are welcome to do, say or think what you like. which you will. And having heard what you say and think I don't believe there's any point going to a meeting and trying to change you. Your reaction to my views is already abundantly clear, would you not agree.

And that being the case, it would be like my volunteering for a session of self torture. Why would I want to do that?

Thracian,

You are more than welcome to your views about the team, the tactics and the management set up - I wouldn't dream of saying otherwise. I do wonder why you insist on repeating the same things at length over and over. You are not getting a message across because (I suspect) a number of people simply switch off as you embark on another wordy tirade against the club.

Intolerant? I made a single thread about an issue I cared about following on from Tuesday's game. A single thread. I expressed my belief that people who 'boo' should consider their reasons for doing so and what they perceived as potential outcomes from it. Pot calling kettle? Don't be an arse, man! Fans are at liberty to complain vehemently if they so choose, myself included, but booing is not it - it is the refuge of the lazy and ignorant. If people want to complain en masse then why not choose a format that does not directly impinge on the play on the pitch. As I have already highlighted in another thread, the view that yourself and some others espouse is strongly at odds with the view of performance laid out in media reports and other fans - it is as if you seek to find the worst in everything you see.

As if it is anything to do with you, I sit in the family end with my two kids. I've never met Leesoh, but hope to do so this Saturday because she seems a chipper lass with a keen eye and a level head. She makes a point succinctly and doesn't repeat it ad nauseam.

I have never used the term "real fans". I have no idea what you mean by it, nor do I lay claim to be whatever it is. Sounds like someone has a little chip on their shoulder they could well do with unburdening...and if you are worried about your "limited understanding" then I suggest you post less and read more.

I do not seek praise or plaudits, unlike yourself Thracian, my posts are invariably stupid nonsense or considered - I think it is possible to tell one type from the other - in exploring the matter that the unrest and manner of expressing it may be over the top and detrimental to the future YOU are the one that is taking umbrage due anyone daring to hold views different to yourself.

You see the worst in everything Thracian, which gives you the psychological advantage - any outcome that is bad matches your expectations. Any that is better than your grim prognostications leads you to say 'well I was wrong on that one but...'and smile. Your negative stance can not fail you. My argument to be positive remains, choose to buy in or not, it's up to you ~ but don't start coming out with abject cock such as (I paraphrase) 'if the club listen to me and change then it will have not been in vain'. That is simply glib, patronising and self-absorbed nonsense, starting from the premise that you (and you alone) hold the keys to the future.

Truth is an illusive mistress, so aportioning 'correctness' ("I don't suppose you've wondered if they might be right") is not something I have attempted, unlike yourself, no matter how patronising (again) you care to be about the issue.

Take the needle from the record Thracian. If you want to do something, if you seriously want to affect change then get away from the keyboard and 'do' something rather than simply telling everyone about it. You're doing no one any favours by prognosticating woe and doom, if you believe it then get off your arse...maybe by doing so you'll be able to extricate the bug from it at the same time.

Taking the main barb from that little diatribe that I "see the worst in everything" really illustrates that you simply read selectively and that there's really no purpose in beating my head against your particular wall at all.

I see enormous amounts of good at Leicester City, especially on the football field. Trouble is most of it is never to be seen on a match day. Instead there's just "the same needle on the record", ironically. I believe in the solutions I've suggested and I can't imagine anyone would put forward solutions they don't believe in, patronising or not.

The rest of what you say I'll treat with the same contempt which you've shown for me because responding will serve no purpose whatsover.

Archived