Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

What's the problem with O'Grady

You made the suggestion. I only responded to it and now you're in a lather because I don't fancy being conducted at some meeting which, you can bet, will be subtly sanitised.

If you disagree with that opinion, fine. You are welcome to do, say or think what you like. which you will. And having heard what you say and think I don't believe there's any point going to a meeting and trying to change you. Your reaction to my views is already abundantly clear, would you not agree.

And that being the case, it would be like my volunteering for a session of self torture. Why would I want to do that?

Right, so you are perfectly at will to impose your views on anyone you care, however you don't like being dictated to? Bit of a contradiction, isn't it?

All I am saying is why not express your opinions to those who are actually in a position to do something about things, rather than repeating yourself on a forum where the readers have no input at all.

And why does making me see your very narrow point of view matter so much? What do you think I will and can do about it?

Right, so you are perfectly at will to impose your views on anyone you care, however you don't like being dictated to? Bit of a contradiction, isn't it?

All I am saying is why not express your opinions to those who are actually in a position to do something about things, rather than repeating yourself on a forum where the readers have no input at all.

And why does making me see your very narrow point of view matter so much? What do you think I will and can do about it?

Afternoon Leesoh! And I hope you have a nice day too.

I didn't say dictated to I said "conducted". I don't like the prospect of hanging around all night at meetings on the off-chance someone might give me permission to speak. I don't like the way such meetings are invariably "guided" and having listened to you and people like Disco Bob I don't believe my input would rally a quorum of support in any case cos I'd be 2-0 down from the start.

As for airing views (I have no powers or wish to impose views on anyone) I thought this forum was designed for just that reason. You express views. Do you not believe them? Do you not want anyone to take notice of them?

Disco Bob believes I am wrong but I believe RK hears what's said on here so I'm perfectly happy that opinions do get across, thus further negating any need to go to a meeting where most of what's said will be forgotten the minute the meeting is over.

If you want to go to the meeting I hope you have some effect so long as it's got nothing to do with more negative football.

Thracian, I know it may not be possible if you have a job but try getting to the training ground sometime. Rob Kelly would be more than happy to listen to what you've got to say I'm sure and as people have said it would be more worthwhile than repeating some of your footballing beliefs on here.

Kelly has his reasons for picking the team he does etc. He doesn't ignore the young players. In fact he was doing a one-on-one session with Dodds, Wesolowski and Sheehan this morning. If he truly believed that they're good enough to be in the team then they would be. Kelly is not stubborn like Levein. If anything, he's learning a lot of things about management as he goes along which doesn't help him. I think he needs to distance himself from the players a bit more though. He is a coach but at times I think he needs to take a step back and realise that the role of manager is sometimes performed better with a clearer head away from the training ground.

Thracian, I know it may not be possible if you have a job but try getting to the training ground sometime. Rob Kelly would be more than happy to listen to what you've got to say I'm sure and as people have said it would be more worthwhile than repeating some of your footballing beliefs on here.

Kelly has his reasons for picking the team he does etc. He doesn't ignore the young players. In fact he was doing a one-on-one session with Dodds, Wesolowski and Sheehan this morning. If he truly believed that they're good enough to be in the team then they would be. Kelly is not stubborn like Levein. If anything, he's learning a lot of things about management as he goes along which doesn't help him. I think he needs to distance himself from the players a bit more though. He is a coach but at times I think he needs to take a step back and realise that the role of manager is sometimes performed better with a clearer head away from the training ground.

when are they open to the public?

a) Out of interest when are the trainings sessions open to the public because I'd be pleased to watch one or two.

b) I don't think I've ever suggested Kelly doesn't work with the young players...or even hinted at it. I think he's worked very hard with young players and clearly enjoys his coaching. He also involves them in the squad but never when it matters. Why?

Because there are other reasons you might not pick people in the first team that have nothing to do with whether they are good enough.

If you've signed senior players and they're on more money than the youngsters there's every chance that, given two equal options, the seniors will get the nod.

Especially if you're one of the players who played the boss into his job and earned him a 12 month contract I doubt he ever expected to begin with. And then campaigned for his installment into the manager's chair.

It's the much easier option and leaves you much better placed with the strongest voices.

c) I cannot see any reason why, other than the above, he picks the team he does and would love to understand it if I ever thought he'd take the trouble to explain.

Take Tiatto for instance. We haven't won a single League game that Tiatto's started in 11. What a confidence booster that is. And all that time Porter's been playing well and we've been crying out for some clever final passes but there are other options too.

d) I quite agree with your last sentence. A manager can't afford to be close to his players. Sooner or later he will have to make uncomfortable decisions in a detached way.

Haha no, been up at the Grandparents in Groby (I live in East Sussex) as I'm off to travel the world from next Tuesday so went to see them before I go. Unfortunately they have no internet access.

Traveling the world eh, be careful out there! There again, I bet your Grandparents have told you that already. Hope the planes are working properly for you :thumbup:

a) Out of interest when are the trainings sessions open to the public because I'd be pleased to watch one or two.

b) I don't think I've ever suggested Kelly doesn't work with the young players...or even hinted at it. I think he's worked very hard with young players and clearly enjoys his coaching. He also involves them in the squad but never when it matters. Why?

Because there are other reasons you might not pick people in the first team that have nothing to do with whether they are good enough.

If you've signed senior players and they're on more money than the youngsters there's every chance that, given two equal options, the seniors will get the nod.

Especially if you're one of the players who played the boss into his job and earned him a 12 month contract I doubt he ever expected to begin with. And then campaigned for his installment into the manager's chair.

It's the much easier option and leaves you much better placed with the strongest voices.

c) I cannot see any reason why, other than the above, he picks the team he does and would love to understand it if I ever thought he'd take the trouble to explain.

Take Tiatto for instance. We haven't won a single League game that Tiatto's started in 11. What a confidence booster that is. And all that time Porter's been playing well and we've been crying out for some clever final passes but there are other options too.

d) I quite agree with your last sentence. A manager can't afford to be close to his players. Sooner or later he will have to make uncomfortable decisions in a detached way.

Training sessions are open to the public everyday except matchdays and the day before matchdays although, depending on how busy the schedule or how well we've been doing, the players may have the odd day off after a game. Training started at about 10:30 today but again that can vary. And if the players train on the pitches behind the hedges you just have to walk up Paigle Road off Aylestone Road and you can see very clearly what's going on through a green fence- public property so no-one can tell you to go away.

I know you've never said Kelly ignores the young players but I felt it's important to let people know that he knows what the younger players can do and the reason why they are not playing is not due to being overlooked in training. A few of them are still rough diamonds. Some are more polished than others. Wesolowski for example is already a very good player indeed but some of them are being worked with a lot to bring them on. Dodds is coming on brilliantly. In his interview on LC World Kelly said the club is trying to evolve and progress but the evolution needs to happen at a quicker pace. Make of that what you will.

Believe me, he would take the trouble to explain his ideas even if you didn't agree with them. The first time I met him was during the 2004/05 season when he was still the assistant manager. He had time for everyone then and he's no different now. He is a down-to-earth bloke.

And if people don't believe jonbluefox9 about his training ground tales, then he has pics to prove it and I went with him.

Isn't that the equivalent of threatening to take your ball back if jonbluefox9 isn't one of the captains? :P

Training sessions are open to the public everyday except matchdays and the day before matchdays although, depending on how busy the schedule or how well we've been doing, the players may have the odd day off after a game. Training started at about 10:30 today but again that can vary. And if the players train on the pitches behind the hedges you just have to walk up Paigle Road off Aylestone Road and you can see very clearly what's going on through a green fence- public property so no-one can tell you to go away.

I know you've never said Kelly ignores the young players but I felt it's important to let people know that he knows what the younger players can do and the reason why they are not playing is not due to being overlooked in training. A few of them are still rough diamonds. Some are more polished than others. Wesolowski for example is already a very good player indeed but some of them are being worked with a lot to bring them on. Dodds is coming on brilliantly. In his interview on LC World Kelly said the club is trying to evolve and progress but the evolution needs to happen at a quicker pace. Make of that what you will.

Believe me, he would take the trouble to explain his ideas even if you didn't agree with them. The first time I met him was during the 2004/05 season when he was still the assistant manager. He had time for everyone then and he's no different now. He is a down-to-earth bloke.

Thoroughly interesting read - like a lot you have to say.

Not surprised to hear about Dodds.

I'll take the trouble to look in ASAP and thanks for the info.

As for airing views (I have no powers or wish to impose views on anyone) I thought this forum was designed for just that reason. You express views. Do you not believe them? Do you not want anyone to take notice of them?
Is that so?
I've made over 5,000 comments on this forum and don't believe I've influenced your thinking one tiny bit.

Is that so?

Informing, enlightening, influencing, offering a viewport etc are inevitables in the threads of a chat forum and have nothing whatsoever to do with imposing anything. I've noticed you occasionally change a single but vital word to make a point.

Quite apart from that, how pathetically petty.

But have another nice day!.

Informing, enlightening, influencing, offering a viewport etc are inevitables in the threads of a chat forum and have nothing whatsoever to do with imposing anything. I've noticed you occasionally change a single but vital word to make a point.

Quite apart from that, how pathetically petty.

But have another nice day!.

Petty? Moi? Pots and kettles,

Archived