Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

What's the problem with O'Grady

I may have missed something but why the hell wasn't Chris O'Grady in the squad.

Someone said he was in his suit watching from the stands.

Was he injured or has he fallen out with the boss?

He's been our best centre-forward on view throughout the close season so why he'd be left out is beyond reasoning if he wasn't injured.

He hasn't grumbled about his eternal bit parts and caused a blow-out with RK has he?

There was enough of that with Ryan Smith at Brighton.

Does anyone have an explanation?

I may have missed something but why the hell wasn't Chris O'Grady in the squad.

Someone said he was in his suit watching from the stands.

Was he injured or has he fallen out with the boss?

He's been our best centre-forward on view throughout the close season so why he'd be left out is beyond reasoning if he wasn't injured.

He hasn't grumbled about his eternal bit parts and caused a blow-out with RK has he?

There was enough of that with Ryan Smith at Brighton.

Does anyone have an explanation?

I really hope not, I agree with you that he's a great centre-forward for us and I tipped him to play a key part this season..

And also can anyone tell me why Rob Kelly substitued Williams for Hughes at half time?

I think Williams was arguebly our best player in the first half and was the sharpest... :huh:

The simple explanation will be that Kelly decided that he only wanted one striker on the bench as he wanted Josh Low on there. He made the foolish error to choose Hammond instead of O'Grady. That will be it, it's doubtful O'Grady would cause an argument as he looks to have an excellent temperament.

It was a stupid decision, one I hope Kelly will learn from as Hammond showed his true ineptness again last night.

It's like domino's at the minute, Kelly must have got a taste for making mistakes.

The simple explanation will be that Kelly decided that he only wanted one striker on the bench as he wanted Josh Low on there. He made the foolish error to choose Hammond instead of O'Grady. That will be it, it's doubtful O'Grady would cause an argument as he looks to have an excellent temperament.

It was a stupid decision, one I hope Kelly will learn from as Hammond showed his true ineptness again last night.

It's like domino's at the minute, Kelly must have got a taste for making mistakes.

On the radio, they suggested that Kelly wanted NILS on the bence hence COG was dropped!!!

I wouldn't think he's a grumbler. When I was moaning about doing my cash on him I did ask if he was injured.

He said no, but if it made me feel better then yes, he was, with a grin. And I thought he was decent against Luton, a special to start and even score last nite.

I really hope not, I agree with you that he's a great centre-forward for us and I tipped him to play a key part this season..

And also can anyone tell me why Rob Kelly substitued Williams for Hughes at half time?

I think Williams was arguebly our best player in the first half and was the sharpest... :huh:

williams apparently picked up a knock close to the end of the first half

Our best player in pre-season he was electric apparently :whistle:

On the radio, they suggested that Kelly wanted NILS on the bence hence COG was dropped!!!

Dropped? Here we are, desperate for goals and he drops our in-form striker!

We really are brilliant at knocking players down just when they're showing some form and promise.

I really am totally unable to understand the bloke and Levein was just the same.

They should both have been in the team never mind on the f....g bench.

Hammond shouldn't have been Thracian he's crap. I agree we should have more than one attacking player on the bench but Hammond is a waste of a sub. Low looked more dangerous than Hammon and that blistering shot of his would never have come off Hammond's boot if Elvo was in the same position.

Let the scaremongering commence.....

By all means tell us the facts Leesoh. Everything I've seen written so far suggests there's been a communicative disaster quite apart from whether our team selection was beyond reasonable logic.

Add something constructive with pleasure but don't imply criticism of people who ARE prepared to ask some awkward questions.

If there's a reasonable explanation there won't be anything to discuss, will there?

So CoG thought he might have been starting before the game. That must have been a bit of a shock when he was dropped from the bench!. I find it strange that at that level, the players could come to the game 2 hours before kick off, not knowing who will be playing and in which formation!

The more I hear about Mr Kelly's ways, the more I'm losing faith in the guy. It sounds like he's on an ego trip at the moment. I bet he had loads of fans/friends over the last few days telling him that he's got to start with CoG and drop the infamous two. So what does he do to show he's boss and in control? yeah exactly...

Hammond shouldn't have been Thracian he's crap. I agree we should have more than one attacking player on the bench but Hammond is a waste of a sub. Low looked more dangerous than Hammon and that blistering shot of his would never have come off Hammond's boot if Elvo was in the same position.

I think we'll agree to disagree on that one - it doesn't happen very often. I think his pace is important and his shooting is improving. I just think we need to find him more space to run into but it's a side issue in the bigger picture and I'm far more concerned about what happened to CO'G.

I think we'll agree to disagree on that one - it doesn't happen very often. I think his pace is important and his shooting is improving. I just think we need to find him more space to run into but it's a side issue in the bigger picture and I'm far more concerned about what happened to CO'G.

I hear there's plenty of space in Greenland!!

Send him there

Why do we need a defender on the bench, especially at home when we've got six of them on the field. If any of them had got injured there would have been cover already there?

dannyMcD1.jpg

Perhas O'Grady just isn't up to this level of football.

I would say he is, and he's definately more suited to this revolutionary style of play that is hoooooooooooooooof. Get COG in for hume next game, and get some midfielders on that will get up the field and support him while were at it?

I would say he is, and he's definately more suited to this revolutionary style of play that is hoooooooooooooooof. Get COG in for hume next game, and get some midfielders on that will get up the field and support him while were at it?

He'd be like a Big COG in a small wheel :P

Archived