Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

Are we the poorest in the league

As another LEFT BACK joins a Championship rival on a free transfer,

Mo Camera Celtic to Derby without Leicester waking up from the transfer slumber and showing even a flicker of interest in a player in a problem position (i like Sheehan but thats another argument), no sign of any loan signings to be had this begs the question,

Are we the poorest side financially in the Championship? or are we currently just inept at chasing transfer targets plenty of good players have been available on a free Mahon went to Burnley ect.

Mo Camera Celtic to Derby without Leicester waking up from the transfer slumber and showing even a flicker of interest in a player in a problem position (i like Sheehan but thats another argument), no sign of any loan signings to be had this begs the question,

Are we the poorest side financially in the Championship? or are we currently just inept at chasing transfer targets plenty of good players have been available on a free Mahon went to Burnley ect.

He is very good at this level. No we had to get Tiatto instead. :unsure::whistle::rolleyes:

Go on then...

waiting.gif

Ipswitch

Colchester

Barnsley

Burnley

There the only ones im confident about.

I would say Wednesday but they were willing to pay more for Kenny Lunt then us and that says something

I would like to say we have healthier bank balance then Southend but I just don't know.

QPR? I really im struggling.

The sad thing is 6 teams in this division are receiving parachute payments which we no longer are. Two other "run of the mill" Championship teams are receiving major backing this season, and when you consider Leeds United and Wolves are not in either list you really do need to fuk off the blind optimism and start to look at situation.

This is of course all from an off field perspective, when you take into account the fact that we have looked shite in our first two games against one team not mentioned, and a team I think have less money then us. You have to worry.

This really is the eye opener, at the start of the season I said 14th im thinking that was optomstic :blink:

Ipswitch

Colchester

Barnsley

Burnley

There the only ones im confident about.

I would say Wednesday but they were willing to pay more for Kenny Lunt then us and that says something

I would like to say we have healthier bank balance then Southend but I just don't know.

QPR? I really im struggling.

Burnley?

When they signed Mahon and Gray in the summer? For money too, not free!

We're poor but other clubs have gone through bad patches with their money, restructured and come out of it with something to spend...

i agree, we are being left behind ,it is so frustrating to see all these players moving to our rivals we have to accept that at this present moment in time we are dormant....

i agree, we are being left behind ,it is so frustrating to see all these players moving to our rivals we have to accept that at this present moment in time we are dormant....

It prob doesnt help that our lack of financial capability is during a season when the majority of teams have spent and spent well.

I cannot remember a Championship year when so many teams have bought well in the transfer market, this adds to the frustration.

Im off to the match and im dreading it :( we'll be ok :cry: We are going up we are going up :D

I think we have some of the poorest supporters in the league, certainly.

(Poorest as in bad that is, although I'm sure most of them aren't well off)

Because...?

My brother dragged me to see the Blues play Wigan last season and you could make out a season ticket fluttering on the far side due to the silence. I reckon they have to rank up there with 'rubbish fans'.

I would also add in any supporter that latches onto one of the big Premier clubs without any reasonable connection to that team. I saw two kids walking around the Family End in Chelsea shirts yesterday...what kind of shit parenting results in that happening?! <_<

Comparing supporters is a pretty tough thing to do ~ although if there was such a chart I'd like to see booing factored in ;)

Of course we aren't the poorest - last season we spent millions. OK, only a couple and mostly on Fryatt and Hume from the money for Connolly, which is okay, but still! Although I guess we may be pretty low on cash because of that. But hey, its not that bad. Why is everyone so wrist-slitting around here? :P

Archived