Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jamesino_LCFC

Elvis Hammond

Hammond did have a good game, the Ipswitch back four did make life easy for us, De vos has no mobilty what so ever, and how shit is Alex Bruce :pinch: Midfiled no creativety, and until he plays Parkin and Forster up front they will remain a bit toothless.

Leicester looked a improved side, Tiatto was brilliat in the first half, differnt player than the one that played on Tuesday. Josh Low is so much better then Mabury at right wing. Hughes and Johnson both vastly improved so to were the back four.

Hammond still has no touch and still can't shoot. Hopefully leaving Hume will have a postive effect on his form. After Fryatts display and Hume coming on and scoreing i'd have to revert back to the Hume Fryatt partnership

If Elvis Hammond could improve his ball control then I think he would definetly be a great asset.

In the game today there is no answer to pace and he proved that his pace and sometimes strength caused lots of troubles for the Ipswich defence.

If Elvis Hammond could improve his ball control then I think he would definetly be a great asset.

He shouldn't have to improve his ball control though, pro footballers should have the control already, especially one that claims they should be playing at international level

elvis has got to improve his awareness

Rather he improved his ball control first though.. His work-rate and effort can't be faulted, but it all comes to nothing because he can't bring the ball under control. If he could do that (as footballers should be able to) he'd look miles better than he does atm

I think Hammond's starting position was a warning shot to many in the team. Stearman being dropped should also have the same effect.

Hammond replaced Hume who had appeared sub-standard (by his own standards) - as did Stearman. Two of the almost ever-present team members got dropped on the same day.

One hopes RK's signalling his intent here - no matter how important a player is percieved to be, he runs the risk of being dumped if he isn't up to scratch.

To be honest, I don't think that many of us rated the likeliness of Stearman being dropped at all. He appeared to be one of the 'Chosen Men' (to borrow Thrac's term for them) who could do no wrong. Apparently, he lost his status sometime after Tuesday night. Hume also falls under the same category.

Perhaps RK's been reading the forums - particularly the accusations of having chosen men whose only reason for being in the team was the fact they secured RK a cushy job. :whistle:

;)

Needless to say, under the new-look scheme of things, Stearman won't get a look-in until he really picks up his game, or Kenton drops a bollock bigtime.

I think Hammond's starting position was a warning shot to many in the team. Stearman being dropped should also have the same effect.

Hammond replaced Hume who had appeared sub-standard (by his own standards) - as did Stearman. Two of the almost ever-present team members got dropped on the same day.

One hopes RK's signalling his intent here - no matter how important a player is percieved to be, he runs the risk of being dumped if he isn't up to scratch.

To be honest, I don't think that many of us rated the likeliness of Stearman being dropped at all. He appeared to be one of the 'Chosen Men' (to borrow Thrac's term for them) who could do no wrong. Apparently, he lost his status sometime after Tuesday night. Hume also falls under the same category.

Perhaps RK's been reading the forums - particularly the accusations of having chosen men whose only reason for being in the team was the fact they secured RK a cushy job. :whistle:

;)

Needless to say, under the new-look scheme of things, Stearman won't get a look-in until he really picks up his game, or Kenton drops a bollock bigtime.

And i agree completely with this scheme.

New season. Whipe the slate clean. Every player must earn his place.

kisnorbo did well for us , kind of glad we didnt sell him like some were hoping leading upto the start of the season.

Just shows that the boo boys reguarly get it wrong. Kisnorbo was roundly booed towards the end of Levein's era and he's now one of our most consistent players.

Fryatt and Hume proved very promising last year and I'd hope they are our regular starting 2 up front, but no harm in swapping it around from time to time

Just shows that the boo boys reguarly get it wrong. Kisnorbo was roundly booed towards the end of Levein's era and he's now one of our most consistent players.

Fryatt and Hume proved very promising last year and I'd hope they are our regular starting 2 up front, but no harm in swapping it around from time to time

to be fair to the boo boys they were correct when Kisnorbo plays in midfield. How were they to know he was being played in the wrong position?

to be fair to the boo boys they were correct when Kisnorbo plays in midfield. How were they to know he was being played in the wrong position?

As his International appearances were at centre back one would assume that was bleeding obvious.

I think Hammonds inclusion on Saturday was a nice kick up the arse for Hume.

He needed to raise his standards and there's no better way to get a reaction from a player.

Great decision by Kelly.

Agreed. Hammond's pace and physical presence unsettled the Ipswich defence and gave Fryatt more space in which to work. He certainly contributed more to the attack than Hume did in the previous two games.

As Cov's defence is not the quickest, I'd imagine RK will start with the same front two on Friday.

Agreed. Hammond's pace and physical presence unsettled the Ipswich defence and gave Fryatt more space in which to work. He certainly contributed more to the attack than Hume did in the previous two games.

As Cov's defence is not the quickest, I'd imagine RK will start with the same front two on Friday.

Yer agreed.

I remember a few occasions where two Ipswich defenders couldnt handle him and he certainly caused trouble for them with his strength and pace.

;)

He may have all but established himself but Stearman was never one of those I considered one of the Chosen Men.

All the Chosen Men were imported transfers who seemed to get in the team irrespective of performance presumably because of the wages they were being paid, because they'd been talked into joining the club by the manager or were pals from the past, that sort of thing.

Not to Craig Levein

Craig moved him to centre back as soon as Weso was available to play in midfield, fortunately for us unfortunately for him it was his last game in charge :P . But I do believe that would have been his ultimate aim bearing in mind that Hughes was almost permanently injured as well and Williams was in his usual hibernation phase.

He may have all but established himself but Stearman was never one of those I considered one of the Chosen Men.

All the chosen Men were imported transfers who seemed to get in the team irrespective of performance presumably because of the wages they were being paid, because they'd been talked into joining the club by the manager or were pals from the past, that sort of thing.

For example Sylla, or De Vries. :rolleyes:

I haven't bothered to read any of this thread, but Elvis Hammond isn't good enough. He's too greedy, doesn't seem to realise there is no I in team, and his distribution is woeful. Not good enough to wear the shirt.

I haven't bothered to read any of this thread, but Elvis Hammond isn't good enough. He's too greedy, doesn't seem to realise there is no I in team, and his distribution is woeful. Not good enough to wear the shirt.

You've missed out his comlpete inability to control the football :cool:

All the Chosen Men were imported transfers who seemed to get in the team irrespective of performance presumably because of the wages they were being paid, because they'd been talked into joining the club by the manager or were pals from the past, that sort of thing.

I stand corrected ;):cool:

I assume Nissa is one of the Chosen Men, though. And he was dropped for Kenton at one point (before Stearman was dropped due to a 'dip' in form, to quote Kelly). In all likeliness, if Stearman hadn't been dropped, Nissa would have been on the bench against Ipswich - again, it looks somewhat as if the Chosen Men aren't completely safe in their positions at the minute.

Evening.

Just discovered the delights of this site. Don't worry, haven't been hiding in any caves or anything like that. First post this but I have to say that Elvis should never start in front of Hume. Hammond is all huff and puff with no end result. I saw him at Crewe last season (think it might have been his debut) and he was brilliant. Thought we'd stumbled onto a real gem. But since then - Spurs in the FA Cup aside - he's been a big disappointment. Lacks composure in front of goal and has no first, second or third touch. Please, please, please let Hume and Fryatt stay injury-free.

Cheers

But the fact was that the Hume/Fryatt combo had done absolutely jack in the first two games.

RK had to break it up. I'd have preferred O'Grady myself but issues off the pitch may have prevented that.

Hammond may have the worst touch since Benjamin but his pace unsettled the Ipswich defence. He gave the attack the spark it had previously lacked. For that reason, even though Hume scored, I'd still keep him on the bench for Friday.

Anyway, welcome to the site. :welcome::thumbup:

I stand corrected ;):cool:

I assume Nissa is one of the Chosen Men, though. And he was dropped for Kenton at one point (before Stearman was dropped due to a 'dip' in form, to quote Kelly). In all likeliness, if Stearman hadn't been dropped, Nissa would have been on the bench against Ipswich - again, it looks somewhat as if the Chosen Men aren't completely safe in their positions at the minute.

I didn't say the Chosen Men were never dropped - another example was when Levein left Nils out before Christmas and publicly criticised him which I thought totally unnecessary for a manager. But it took a long time to reach that stage...

With others there is no period of grace, they are out at almost the first opportunity. Like Sheehan, O'Grady, even Hume (during Levein's time)...

Cheers Ultra.

I agree at times Hammond does stir it up a tad but he just doesn't do it enough for me. Agree entirely that Hume and Fryatt were poor at Luton and against Burnley, but the service they got was dismal. Another reason I'd stick Hume back in for Cov on Friday night is he's better than Hammond in the air, even for a wee fella.

Me old man said when Hume tucked away the third on Saturday that Hammond would have probably fluffed, and I had to agree.

Archived