Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CorbyGer

Billy McKay

Good Eve Fox Fans.

Hopefully you can give me an update of a youngster with your club. His name is Billy McKay & is in his 3rd year of his scholarship with the Foxes!

I was involved with coaching young Billy for a few years in Corby. It was clear to see that even from the age of 8 this was a very special footballer.

One of his pals told me today that he now regularly plays for the reserves.

Thanks In Advance

Billy from Corby :thumbup:

I remember him being in the side on occasions but cannot remember him making any particularly noteworthy contributions.

But other players were close to breaking through to the first team last season, so he was easily overshadowed, and I imagine he may well make his push this season.

I remember him being in the side on occasions but cannot remember him making any particularly noteworthy contributions.

But other players were close to breaking through to the first team last season, so he was easily overshadowed, and I imagine he may well make his push this season.

Cheers for that M8. I agree that the next season or 2 will be his big push. Really hope he makes it & does the business for Leicester :thumbup:

Cheers for that M8. I agree that the next season or 2 will be his big push. Really hope he makes it & does the business for Leicester :thumbup:

Spoke to his grandad at the end of the 2004/05 season at Belvoir Drive. Said how he was amazed at how far the club had pushed Mckay e.g he'd already made an appearance for the reserves against Chelsea, I think, despite being young. I think he said that Mckay has represented a few different countries at youth level because his grandad is from Scotland and he had some other blood in him from other UK countries. That was the first time I'd heard his name mentioned and I've seen and heard snippets since. Think I read he'd scored 1 or 2 for the academy during pre-season but could be wrong.

hes a second year, hasnt represented any country yet but he would be eligible to play for northern ireland, england and scotland (i think) , scored against forest in pre season, didnt get much of a look in last year but he is hoping to get more chances in the youth team and possibly reserves this year. he didnt start in the last pre season against leeds. and he came to my dads 40th. and his dad came and watched me the other day. and he likes to play pro evo. and hes good. and always beats me.lol. :thumbup:

hes a second year, hasnt represented any country yet but he would be eligible to play for northern ireland, england and scotland (i think) , scored against forest in pre season, didnt get much of a look in last year but he is hoping to get more chances in the youth team and possibly reserves this year. he didnt start in the last pre season against leeds. and he came to my dads 40th. and his dad came and watched me the other day. and he likes to play pro evo. and hes good. and always beats me.lol. :thumbup:

Hows Chambers getting on?

He used to play for Leicester academy, but has left to go to another club a year or so ago.

Rushden wasn't it?..

And the Academy update on the official site mentions McKay. Jon was right, McKay has reportedly scored a couple during pre-season.

to be honest im not really playing for anyone, done pre season with corby, but I dont really get the same enjoyment now that ive left leicester, its not the same

Don't give it up, you might be a late bloomer. :D:D;):thumbup:

to be honest im not really playing for anyone, done pre season with corby, but I dont really get the same enjoyment now that ive left leicester, its not the same

You gonna keep at it mate? Or maybe a break from the game for a bit, might bring back some of that 'hunger' to play.

Archived