Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jack_LCFC

Wesolowski

Remember that he's just come back from 2 broken legs, and Saturday was his 3rd game in a week.

If that performance was down to match fitness then he should never have started the game. As he completed the ninety minutes and went haring off down the left giving Porter an overlap in the 89th minute, I don't think it was down to fitness. Sometimes you just have to admit that someone had an absolutely terrible game. Personally I thought he was worse than Johnson yesterday. If anyone was a "passenger" as was levelled at Johnson in the player ratings thread then it was Weso. He barely touched the ball in 90 minutes. Johnson was having to do the work of two central midfielders and he's not even capable of doing the job of one.

I'm not saying get him out the team, he's rubbish but if we're evaluating each performance as it comes, that was horrible and any player playing like that, be it Weso/O'Grady or Johnson/Hughes needs a kick up the backside and a reminder that it used to be an honour to pull on the blue shirt of LCFC. I realise this is going to be an unpopular post, maybe Kelly threw him in too early but then he was in every fan's team as well.

No way near as good as Andy King or McKay at the minute.

Further to my comment on this King and Tejan-Sie were immense in the Academy midfield on Saturday and a chap who watches every game said they are the ideal foil for each other because Tommy's holding skills enable Andy to get forward at will. McKay played centre-forward on Saturday.

Hopefully I will finally get to see the saviour of our football club actually play tomorrow afternoon in the flesh for the first time! :D

It's a bit like when you buy your favourite band's hotly-anticipated new album.

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Who said he was a "saviour"?

Who said he was a "saviour"?

Everyone. Me and you included. If we think he can anchor our midfield, currently one of the worst I have ever seen play for any club let alone ours, alongside Porter (a midget), Hume (a striker) and Hammond (we'd better off with Richard Hammond) for you and Hughes for me (after yesterday's performance my last ounce of support for him has dropped off the face of the earth) then that practically constitutes being a saviour without even mentioning the word.

Everyone. Me and you included. If we think he can anchor our midfield, currently one of the worst I have ever seen play for any club let alone ours, alongside Porter (a midget), Hume (a striker) and Hammond (we'd better off with Richard Hammond) for you and Hughes for me (after yesterday's performance my last ounce of support for him has dropped off the face of the earth) then that practically constitutes being a saviour without even mentioning the word.

Well if I ever described Weso as a saviour I cannot remember it. But to define what I really feel I think Weso can be a competent 1/11th of a decent team because he can win possession, pass accurately and support people.

Someone else mentioned he'd had three games in a week after serious injury and a dead leg towards the end of the third of those games so Kelly might have been more sensible not to have played him at all other than perhaps on the bench.

But Weso is generally an excellent player and it shouldn't be forgotten that we didn't lose one of those three games despite the ineptitude of so many performances and the tactics.

If I recall correctly we generally collect points when he's playing.

If I recall correctly we generally collect points when he's playing.

And we never win if Porter starts. So it looks like we need to find a player that, when he plays, we always win.

Simple, really. Can't believe no-one's thought of it before.

And we never win if Porter starts. So it looks like we need to find a player that, when he plays, we always win.

Simple, really. Can't believe no-one's thought of it before.

I think Levi's results record is pretty good - nine games (seven starts), four wins, three draws, two defeats) which if translated to points and hadn't included cup games would have been top end form rather than relegation form. I'd take that from now to the end of the season quite happily. Furthermore he laid on the chances for that record to have been much better. Two defeats in nine games!!! Who else has that sort of record at the City?

Fezzler is right, let's not take in to account how we feel about any of our players. Just judging Wesolowski's performance from a completely neutral view, i'd have to say he was a non-entity. Infact Porter, O'Grady and Weso all had their first real shocking game for Leicester.

O'Grady is being found out now, he looks sluggish on the ball and I hope he can find his form again. The way we play isn't helping. Porter got plenty of the ball and looked good until it came to crossing or making a telling attacking threat. Every cross hit the first defenders leg, every single one.

Wesolowski just didn't really get a foot on the ball, neither did Johnson. The ball was being pumped over their head all the while, but when they did get the ball their passing and invention was horrible. Johnson's passing was un-wordable, in particular the 40 yard pass to the steward in the 2nd half. Wesolowski's was no better either.

I'd like to say that's the first time i've seen Wesolowski look lost out on the pitch, I don't think there can be any excuses other than he's had a bad game. I'm sure it will be something he can learn from, big game on saturday if he plays. A game he could really make an impression in.

Kudos to you for that Ric. Everyone has their favourite players and judging by some people on here, it takes a big man to admit when they've had a bad game.

One more point: as a young player, no matter how good you are, there are going to be games where it just doesn't happen. This is where you need your senior pros to have a word and keep things ticking along. I'm pointing the finger of blame at Johnson here. The responsibility on his shoulders is massive because when you have such a young team around you, you have to take charge sometimes. He doesn't. McCarthy needs some support from his fellow players and there doesn't seem to be anybody there willing to help.

Kudos to you for that Ric. Everyone has their favourite players and judging by some people on here, it takes a big man to admit when they've had a bad game.

One more point: as a young player, no matter how good you are, there are going to be games where it just doesn't happen. This is where you need your senior pros to have a word and keep things ticking along. I'm pointing the finger of blame at Johnson here. The responsibility on his shoulders is massive because when you have such a young team around you, you have to take charge sometimes. He doesn't. McCarthy needs some support from his fellow players and there doesn't seem to be anybody there willing to help.

I'm winding my neck in abit with Wesolowski. He is a ****in exceptional talent but it's like putting a real good young fireman in to a massive warehouse on his own with one hose and expecting him to put the blazing fire out.

Wesolowski had a shocking game and I think he'll have more of them if we continue to play like we are doing. Because what happens is good players, especially who lack experience get very frustrated when things aren't going their way and when they do then get a chance to make something happen they balls it up. Fryatt being the prime example of this also. He missed a very good chance early on, infact he's done this in most matches this season. It's very hard to find players who can take their chances when a team is playing badly, and boy do we play badly!

Fezzler is right, let's not take in to account how we feel about any of our players. Just judging Wesolowski's performance from a completely neutral view, i'd have to say he was a non-entity. Infact Porter, O'Grady and Weso all had their first real shocking game for Leicester.

O'Grady is being found out now, he looks sluggish on the ball and I hope he can find his form again. The way we play isn't helping. Porter got plenty of the ball and looked good until it came to crossing or making a telling attacking threat. Every cross hit the first defenders leg, every single one.

Wesolowski just didn't really get a foot on the ball, neither did Johnson. The ball was being pumped over their head all the while, but when they did get the ball their passing and invention was horrible. Johnson's passing was un-wordable, in particular the 40 yard pass to the steward in the 2nd half. Wesolowski's was no better either.

I'd like to say that's the first time i've seen Wesolowski look lost out on the pitch, I don't think there can be any excuses other than he's had a bad game. I'm sure it will be something he can learn from, big game on saturday if he plays. A game he could really make an impression in.

Re Porter: That's every outfield cross. He delivered set pieces that found Leicester heads and we should have scored from at least one of them. He wouldn't have tried to cross on other occasions if he'd had proper support.

And of course there's an excuse for Weso. This is a bloke who had barely played a full 90 minutes after two broken legs. Suddenly he plays three games in a week and the third one after sustaining an injury which stopped him training for a while.

My biggest criticism was probably a reflection on his seniority. He should have demanded the ball from our defenders but instead it was just lofted aimlessly and he said nothing instead of lambasting them. The sooner he feels able to bollock anyone who doesn't give him the ball to feet the better.

And if the defenders won't oblige and the manager cannot make them oblige, then change the f....g defenders. I've accepted McCarthy and Kisnorbo are lousy passers and Nils is the same. But if that's the case they should stick to simplicity and give it to people who can.

The best centre-back Leicester ever had was a guy called Ian King. A sort of Scottish Rio Ferdinand in style. Won the ball and passed it simply and almost invariably along the floor. He made defending look the easiest occupation on earth. Win and pass to feet, win and pass to feet.

It's worrying. The defence looks fairly solid but Kenton and Johansson offer nothing going forward and the midfield isn't good enough to do it themselves. I think Stearman has to play, regardless of how bad he's been, because he's the only one who poses a threat from full-back. I think Kenton would probably offer Porter better support than Johansson does. The right wing is now the problem position and we need the attacking threat of Stearman there to compensate for whoever plays there. In an ideal world it would resemble a 3-5-2 at times. Actually, in an ideal world we'd actually bloody play 3-5-2 instead of persisting with full-backs and wingers who aren't up to the job and two central midfielders where we patently need three to cover each other's weaknesses (ooer).

Archived