Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jack_LCFC

Wesolowski

I think based on what we've seen of Weso in the first team there is a decent enough reason to get hopes up. I know he hasn't played a massive amount, and I'm not saying he's the saviour but he's a battler, he looks like he wants the ball and he actually puts in EFFORT, which is a lot more than can be said for Johnson and Williams.

I hope when he gets back he lives up the the hype and does a good job for us.

I can understand your cautious appraoch, but I can almost be certain that you've not really ever watched Wesolowski. I've luckily been able to watch him well over 30-40 times during his days in the academy and i've never seen a youngster as good as him at Leicester or on an opposing team during the youth games I saw him in. Whether the injuries he's suffered will ever allow him to truelly fulfill his potential i'm not too sure, Kelly seems to think he'll be able to. I'd be astonished if Wesolowski didn't become a top quality player, if he didn't then i'd really start to question how good a players got to be to make it to the top.

He might not look spectacular but he's the complete midfield player we need. So good at tackling, a great passer and has one of the best footballing brains for a 19 year old. He'll never let our team down and he's the sort of player you need to help grind a result out or go chasing a game.

So no, I don't garee.

I have seen him play in the Fizzy, and so no, I don't agree. ;):thumbup:

I would go as far to say that had Weso not broken his leg the second time he may even have saved Levein's bacon; not single handedly, but the effect he had on the team at that time was fantastic. We have to be careful not to hype him too much, but we need to make sure we make the most of him. If it looks like we don't rate him you can make damn sure other clubs do...

I would go as far to say that had Weso not broken his leg the second time he may even have saved Levein's bacon; not single handedly, but the effect he had on the team at that time was fantastic. We have to be careful not to hype him too much, but we need to make sure we make the most of him. If it looks like we don't rate him you can make damn sure other clubs do...

might have saved his bacon if he hadnt broke it the first time 2. Levein used it as an excuse on atleast 1 occasion

In my opinion people have high expectations of Weso, and thus far he has not delivered. I know it is not because of his lack of ability, but I am starting to get worried about the amount of injuries he is getting. I also think he is not proven enough at this level, as the original poster pointed out.

People need to lower their expectations otherwise they may(or may not) end up being dissappointed. It's better to have low expectations and possibly exceed them IMO.

Your right in what you say, low expectations means that you can't get disappointed but there comes a time where having high expectations is only natural in some cases. I believe, along with others that Wesolowski is a world class player in the making. I can't help believing that, i'll look a right mug if he turns out to either not be good enough or he gets injured frequently and never fulfills his potential. But i'm willing to take that gamble because I can only judge him on what I see and he never fails to amaze me. Against Wolves last season at home, he was the best player on the park and if you saw Ince's reaction at the end of the game when he went up to Weso you'd know what i'm talking about. Ince shook his hand and then hugged him in the sort of gracious defeated way and i'm sure he even mentioned how good he thought Wesolowski played. I know that's only one game, but down at QPR the game before and at Brighton the game after in which he bust his leg again, he bossed the midfield.

A born leader.

I can understand your cautious appraoch, but I can almost be certain that you've not really ever watched Wesolowski. I've luckily been able to watch him well over 30-40 times during his days in the academy and i've never seen a youngster as good as him at Leicester or on an opposing team during the youth games I saw him in. Whether the injuries he's suffered will ever allow him to truelly fulfill his potential i'm not too sure, Kelly seems to think he'll be able to. I'd be astonished if Wesolowski didn't become a top quality player, if he didn't then i'd really start to question how good a players got to be to make it to the top.

He might not look spectacular but he's the complete midfield player we need. So good at tackling, a great passer and has one of the best footballing brains for a 19 year old. He'll never let our team down and he's the sort of player you need to help grind a result out or go chasing a game.

So no, I don't garee.

I garee with you Ric Meister!!!!!

He is truly a quality player with bags of potential,and a brilliant footballing brain, his vision is on par the the legendary Gary (runs like a chicken) Parker!

To those currently over-hyping Weso I have but two words.

Julian. Joachim.

And why those two words?

If your going to be like that, i'll say two words.

Gary. Lineker

Most fans were pissing themselves when Lineker made his debut and he didn't appear again until a season or so later where he was different class.

Just because we've had players that promised so much and didn't deliver, we've also had players that haven't promised much, but then gone on to be great. We've also had players that have looked promising and been very promising. So side with whatever choice you want, i'm going full steam ahead with expecting Weso to become the class player his talent suggests he'll be.

To those currently over-hyping Weso I have but two words.

Julian. Joachim.

As different as chalk and cheese apart from their tendency towards injury.

Julian had lots of talent but tended to keep his head down and home in on goal - sometimes wonderfully effectively.

Weso keeps his head up and always sees the pictures. He wins the ball and retains it consistently well.

If he keeps doing that and stays injury free, why would his career fade out?

And why those two words?

If your going to be like that, i'll say two words.

Gary. Lineker

Most fans were pissing themselves when Lineker made his debut and he didn't appear again until a season or so later where he was different class.

Just because we've had players that promised so much and didn't deliver, we've also had players that haven't promised much, but then gone on to be great. We've also had players that have looked promising and been very promising. So side with whatever choice you want, i'm going full steam ahead with expecting Weso to become the class player his talent suggests he'll be.

Lineker made his debut in the same game as a lad called Dave Buchanan. Most people at the time, and for several seasons afterwards, thought Buchanan had the more talent - he was certainly a more regular goalscorer. However, for whatever reason, he never realised his true potential.

The reality is that if Weso really WAS as good as you claim, he would have attracted the attention of Premiership scouts by now.

I think you're right.

Wesolowski isn't the saviour. Joe Mattock is. :)

I have high hopes for Wesolowski nonetheless, and I think he can live up to his promise. Some people are going a bit wild about him, and that's understandable, he's genuine class. Perhaps they're overdoing it, but for once some people are genuinely excited about one of our youngsters. Don't go taking that away from people, or this place will be very boring indeed. ;)

Lineker made his debut in the same game as a lad called Dave Buchanan. Most people at the time, and for several seasons afterwards, thought Buchanan had the more talent - he was certainly a more regular goalscorer. However, for whatever reason, he never realised his true potential.

The reality is that if Weso really WAS as good as you claim, he would have attracted the attention of Premiership scouts by now.

the reality is, the assult by balde and the second leg break prevented him from playing and thus stopped scouts watching him

But never the worldbeater many were predicting when he was Weso's age.

Yes but spoting a potential world beater is a very hard thing to do when they are 19, I would never of thought it of David Backham, Frank Lampard or John Terry when they were that age.

Ric may be going over the top with assumptions but if he wants to believe it let him. He rates the lad and thinks he could be world class and has said so for a long time, he has always made it clear that it's what he thinks and not fact. It's not as if he says every youth team player we have will go onto great things, and any player that is competent at reserve level deserves a place in our first XI.

Sounds familar that.

the reality is, the assult by balde and the second leg break prevented him from playing and thus stopped scouts watching him

The fact that he's got over those injuries shows strong character and that is a vital compotent in a top quality footballer

Plus he seems to have a high natural ability.

Big future in the game in my opinion.

Question marks against Weso:

1) Not all promising colts turn out as finished stallions.

2) Diminutive stature and possible skeletal fragility.

3) Does not possess either Olympian pace or technical brilliance.

4) His career ultimately will depend on the quality of the players around him (like 99% of the rest).

Twenty years ago a player like Weso could have cut it in a top (old) first division side. Personally I don't think he's ever likely to be top Premiership material. You have to have either great power or pace or skill to survive at that level.

Darren Eadie had reasonable pace and skill but not enough to compensate for a light physique. You have to be prodigiously talented and quick to avoid being a casualty in the Premiership these days.

Weso may make it as a mid table Prem player (hopefully with LCFC) and may have a good international career with a middling international team. But if he was really as good as some think he is a leading Premiership club would have come in for him by now (Walcott was three years younger when Arsenal snapped him up).

As for Julian Joachim, he was without any shadow of a doubt the greatest natural talent that LCFC ever produced. It was a combination of off field indiscipline, injuries and playing for unfashionable sides that prevented him from fulfilling his early promise.

But if he was really as good as some think he is a leading Premiership club would have come in for him by now (Walcott was three years younger when Arsenal snapped him up).

2 things walcott was playing every week and he was being touted as the saviour of english football and 8 times better then rooney

Question marks against Weso:

1) Not all promising colts turn out as finished stallions.

2) Diminutive stature and possible skeletal fragility.

3) Does not possess either Olympian pace or technical brilliance.

4) His career ultimately will depend on the quality of the players around him (like 99% of the rest).

Twenty years ago a player like Weso could have cut it in a top (old) first division side. Personally I don't think he's ever likely to be top Premiership material. You have to have either great power or pace or skill to survive at that level.

Darren Eadie had reasonable pace and skill but not enough to compensate for a light physique. You have to be prodigiously talented and quick to avoid being a casualty in the Premiership these days.

Weso may make it as a mid table Prem player (hopefully with LCFC) and may have a good international career with a middling international team. But if he was really as good as some think he is a leading Premiership club would have come in for him by now (Walcott was three years younger when Arsenal snapped him up).

As for Julian Joachim, he was without any shadow of a doubt the greatest natural talent that LCFC ever produced. It was a combination of off field indiscipline, injuries and playing for unfashionable sides that prevented him from fulfilling his early promise.

I'm afraid I disagree doc, your diagnosis is incorrect and I will need a second opinion!!!

Weso's still very young and is still developing and may turn into a very good 'box to box' player or atleast a holding midfielder. Players such as Makelele neither have great pace or height but have a sound footballing brain and ability to dictate the tempo of play and break up opposition. Only time will tell but the future's bright for Weso!!

As for joachim, from what I remember the reason he couldn't cut it at the top was due to his finishing, his goals to chance ratio was quite poor especailly at the top level!!!

I'm afraid I disagree doc, your diagnosis is incorrect and I will need a second opinion!!!

Weso's still very young and is still developing and may turn into a very good 'box to box' player or atleast a holding midfielder. Players such as Makelele neither have great pace or height but have a sound footballing brain and ability to dictate the tempo of play and break up opposition. Only time will tell but the future's bright for Weso!!

As for joachim, from what I remember the reason he couldn't cut it at the top was due to his finishing, his goals to chance ratio was quite poor especailly at the top level!!!

I'd say the greatest natural talents Leicester City ever produced were Peter Shilton or Gary Lineker and I'd sooner have Porter and Chambers any day from the modern academy system than Julian Joachim although he certainly had ability, and showed it on occasions, I'm not denying that.

Archived