Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ftmscott

Well played today

Hey there,

Sunderland fan here, you guys played well today, i read you's where predicting that we where going to destroy you today, and it turned out completely different. Maybe we underestimated you? We had a very poor game today, a few of our players seemed extremely tired and the early injury didn't help us. I thought you where fully worthy of atleast the point and i also thought your fans where good.

Just came over to say well played.

thankyou mr mackem. i listened in on the radio and we sounded the better side with the better of the chances but no real clear cut ones so we cant say its 2 pts lost. im happy with a point as i too wasnt fully confident going into this game. glad to hear our fans were on good song too. look forward to seeing your lot at the walkers later this season, hope we are both up there soon.

sounded like a real fighting performance from the lads, to be honest before kick off I would have settled for a draw however after 90mins I fell we maybe could have nicked it which is a good sign to be fair and nice to see Fryatt off the mark hopefully this will turn things around for him

Hey there,

Sunderland fan here, you guys played well today, i read you's where predicting that we where going to destroy you today, and it turned out completely different. Maybe we underestimated you? We had a very poor game today, a few of our players seemed extremely tired and the early injury didn't help us. I thought you where fully worthy of atleast the point and i also thought your fans where good.

Just came over to say well played.

Maybe you underestimated us, or maybe we were just playing a bit more like the side we can be when we want to. A plus point for your lot today was Wallace, we struggled to contain him and he sounded pretty decent from the commentary I was listening to. The general feeling is that we should have won, just denied again by another decent goal from nothing. Can't moan at a point though, we have been in bad form and I thought we'd take a beating today.

Yeah it definantley was, and i'll have to admit over 90 minutes you where probally the better side, so i'm very happy to come away with a point. We couldnt string 3 or 4 passes together to save our lives during alot of the game, which is a credit to your team, they closed us down really well.

Hysen came on and made an instant impact, it was a brilliant goal coming in from the right and a good shot with his left into the bottom corner, that got the fans going and i thought we really pushed you's and limited you to just launching the long balls up top which helped us.

I also think we missed the movement and pace of Connolly or Elliott who both injured today, which really didn't help out attacking options, overall i'd say a point was a fair enough result ;-)

Yeah it definantley was, and i'll have to admit over 90 minutes you where probally the better side, so i'm very happy to come away with a point. We couldnt string 3 or 4 passes together to save our lives during alot of the game, which is a credit to your team, they closed us down really well.

Hysen came on and made an instant impact, it was a brilliant goal coming in from the right and a good shot with his left into the bottom corner, that got the fans going and i thought we really pushed you's and limited you to just launching the long balls up top which helped us.

I also think we missed the movement and pace of Connolly or Elliott who both injured today, which really didn't help out attacking options, overall i'd say a point was a fair enough result ;-)

What's your forums URL?

I haven't got much to add to what everyone else has said by the way.

Connolly will be a good player for you if he stays injury free, at times he wasnt at his best form here but in the 2nd part of 04/05 season he went about 8 games in a row scoring or something silly, and then the 2nd half hat trick against stoke in our 1st home game last yr. he was a decent player.

Elliot, is he the guy from Hull? it was rumuored we were in for him but we never made a move. he also scored against us for Hull last yr.

you have a good squad and should be in the top 6 soon. teams like burnley and coventry should not be. lets get rid of them.

Connolly will be a good player for you if he stays injury free, at times he wasnt at his best form here but in the 2nd part of 04/05 season he went about 8 games in a row scoring or something silly, and then the 2nd half hat trick against stoke in our 1st home game last yr. he was a decent player.

Elliot, is he the guy from Hull? it was rumuored we were in for him but we never made a move. he also scored against us for Hull last yr.

you have a good squad and should be in the top 6 soon. teams like burnley and coventry should not be. lets get rid of them.

Elliott is the Irish lad that we signed from Man City a few seasons back, the other one is Stuart Elliott.

Good to hear we were closing teams down. Maybe we had a change of mentatility today and actually went for the win unlike we did against west brom last weekend. However pleased with point, its a platform to build on. BLUE ARMY!!

Good to hear we were closing teams down. Maybe we had a change of mentatility today and actually went for the win unlike we did against west brom last weekend. However pleased with point, its a platform to build on. BLUE ARMY!!

Kelly learned one important lesson at least. He didn't make any pointless substitutions and risk having a team that was playing well lose it's focus.

Not long got back and had a great day. One of the better away trips Ive done and certainly the most enjoyable so far this season. The game was fairly decent and could have gone either way in my opinion with both teams seeming to tire very quickly in the second half. Two great goals in my opinion - Fryatts was a great finish considering his lack of form in front of goal. Was expecting him to just smash it but calmly placed it into the corner. And S'lands goal was a great run and finish across Hendo.

Got to say that I think the Sunderland fans are some of the best around. The welcome they gave to Dwight Yorke when he came on was louder than most teams when celebrating a goal and I was worried about being deafened when the crowd got into full song! Found everyone around the ground to be friendly too, especially waving all the coaches off after the game. Today has gone a long way to restoring my faith in football!

just read a few mackem comments , a lad reckons o grady is the best player he has seen play at the stadium of light this season , they all thought levi was outstanding and kenton gets praise also

Got to say that I think the Sunderland fans are some of the best around. The welcome they gave to Dwight Yorke when he came on was louder than most teams when celebrating a goal and I was worried about being deafened when the crowd got into full song! Found everyone around the ground to be friendly too, especially waving all the coaches off after the game. Today has gone a long way to restoring my faith in football!

Did my first degree in Sunderland and went to hear the Roker Roar on many occaisions - I rate the town, the club and the fans VERY highly. It's a bloody marvelous city, and bloody cheap for a big night out too! :D

Wish you'd told me that before the 196 mile trip back to the walkers :rolleyes:

Massive Chick Jalfrezi, booze and stuff for less than four quid. Never a night out where somewhere wasn't giving away pints for 50p a pop. I love Sunderland! :wub:

Archived