Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

When I was younger

Like most little kids I listened to mainstream pop music, but I went through an awfull stage where I started listening to Offspring, Limp Bizkit, Blink and other silly bands like that. One of the first albums I brought was Choclate starfish and hotdog flavoured water.

I then went on to RnB and I still like RnB but Dance is now my genre. Bloody good job i saw the light, I listen to some of the stuff I did years ago and cringe.

What did you lot listen to when you were younger?

Guest Daniel

I went through a stage of Slipknot, Korn, Blink182, Limp Bizkit, Boxcar Racers and all that bollocks.

I now listen to what i listened to at primary school.

TLC & all the pop classics. :)

I dont regret 1 single band I've listened to during my childhood... I still like Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Skunk Anansie, David Bowie, Soundgarden, The Police...

discovered Tool when I was about 14 and am still an avid fan of theirs :)

Like most little kids I listened to mainstream pop music, but I went through an awfull stage where I started listening to Offspring, Blink and other silly bands like that. One of the first albums I brought was Choclate starfish and hotdog flavoured water.

43935[/snapback]

Wouldnt call them silly, that was a rather amusing post to be fair, saying that and then going on about your RnB and Dance trash :rolleyes:

I don't like the band that I listened to a few years ago but I am not ashamed of it. My tastes and understanding of music has just grown and moved on as it should and I am glad I had a good time lisening to music when I was younger even if I do now think it is a bit boring and or shite.

Obviously I was into commercial pop when i was very young but when i was 11 and 12 I got into really boring idie like Travis, Oasis and stereophonics, believe it or not I thought I was abit of a rebel for doing that.

Those sort of bands bored me a fter a bit and I got into listening to nu-metal and just plain heavy Metal but after a bit that sort of stuff bored me.

It has taken me a while to see it is not worth just getting heavily into one genre and I now appreciate the best bits from all walks of music but I do admit to having a preference to 60's pop and late 70's punk.

I now listen to a range of music from Pop to Punk to Trance and enjoy every minute of it, I also have afew bands I have liked for years and always will like Radiohead. I hyope ina few years time I only loisten to afew of the bands I listen to now and I am sill out discovering new and more exciting form of music it is best like that.

Like most little kids I listened to mainstream pop music, but I went through an awfull stage where I started listening to Offspring, Blink and other silly bands like that. One of the first albums I brought was Choclate starfish and hotdog flavoured water.

43935[/snapback]

Wouldnt call them silly, that was a rather amusing post to be fair, saying that and then going on about your RnB and Dance trash :rolleyes:

43968[/snapback]

They are silly, no wonder I was depressed as a child. Now when I listen to the music I listen to (dance) It puts me on a high rather than wanting to slit me wrist.

I used to listen to Elton John and Guns N Roses, because of my parents, I remember listening to Yaz - The only way is up aswell :unsure:

First single I bought though was either Scatman or the Macarena, I cant remember which one.

44382[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with that song mate lol

When I was a kid I listened to:

Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Leonard Cohen, Beautiful South and the Pogues because of my parents, and I still listen to them all now.

Well, not Beautiful South so much, ha.

Yer suicide music doesn't help you at all , where as dance gets me energetic ;)

44183[/snapback]

Dance makes me one to pop some pills and dance like a twat.

See, you're not the only ones who can be ignorant about other people's types of music.

Status Quo, Madness, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd when i was really young :huh: Between 94 and 97 it was Blur/Oasis/Pulp which was popular at the time, i also listened quite a lot of pop music unfortunately as you do at that age <_< Then i eventually got into the good stuff around 98, Offspring and Blink 182 started me off and i went from there and never looked back :D

My parents influenced me.

My dad has a load of good stuff from the 60's, and also used to watch 'The Old Grey Whistle Test', which for the younger members of this forum, used to feature a lot of up and coming punk and New Wave bands, as well as the less commercial artists of the time. As a treat, I would be allowed to stay up and watch it, and even now, I still listen to The Pistols, Clash, Blondie etc.

Mother used to listen to disco, and her favourite band, Abba. Put me off for life!!!

These days, I listen to a variety of genres, but do tend to steer away from poppy stuff. I can thank my mother for that!!

Status Quo, Madness, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd when i was really young :huh: Between 94 and 97 it was Blur/Oasis/Pulp which was popular at the time, i also listened quite a lot of pop music unfortunately as you do at that age <_< Then i eventually got into the good stuff around 98, Offspring and Blink 182 started me off and i went from there and never looked back  :D

44452[/snapback]

Yeah this basically sounds the same as me Petrescu, obviously a few years behind because you older than me but sounds pretty similar!

At the age of 7 I went to my first concert! lol A Status Quo concert, I pretty embaressed now! lol My mum and dad took me, I saw the a couple of songs a fell a sleep! I don't know how I fell a sleep with all that noise but anyway I did! lol

Anyway now a days, I listen to abit of everything, Indie is probably my favourite, but I listen to everything...EXCEPT the genre(s - Personally its all the same) I hate with a vengence - R n' b, Rap, e.t.c...HATE THE FEKIN STUFF :mad:

I used to (and still do!!!) listen to The Smiths, The Cure, Lloyd Cole and The commotions, Depeche Mode and loads of great 80's indie music.

I obviously haven't seen the light as I still listen to Green Day and Blink 182!

Obviously it's all about opinions.

i asociate Rock and Rock bands with punks and goths which i hate :mad:

But i just think tht Dance makes you feel better unlike the Suicide music that is Rock , Indie ect ect ect :rolleyes:

i asociate Rock and Rock bands with punks and goths which i hate  :mad:

44911[/snapback]

And why do you hate them? Oh yes, you're a chav thats why.

44921[/snapback]

Yes thats probably the main reason.

But i dont mind Lost Prophets there the only rock band i like.Oh and the killers :thumbup: .

i asociate Rock and Rock bands with punks and goths which i hate  :mad:

44911[/snapback]

And why do you hate them? Oh yes, you're a chav thats why.

44921[/snapback]

Yes thats probably the main reason.

But i dont mind Lost Prophets there the only rock band i like.Oh and the killers :thumbup: .

44924[/snapback]

Why say you hate it then :S They are the only mainstream bands i can listen to, i'm afraid you're just jumping on the bandwagon.

Archived