Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Matty Piper IN?

Should we sign Matty Piper?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Even if he's only half-fit?

• Yes - get him in without hesitation!
    • No - we've too many useless unfits/misfits as it is

:whistle: There's so much doom and gloom in here right now, it's hard to see past one's own nose. :blink:

So to lighten the mood, let's have a poll. :D

Should we bring Matty Piper in - even if he isn't completely fit?

He could be a much needed boost to the side, more options for the midfield, especially in an attacking sense... even if he does have to limp up and down the flanks. :whistle:;)

Dicsuss. ;)

:whistle: There's so much doom and gloom in here right now, it's hard to see past one's own nose. :blink:

He could be a much needed boost to the side, more options for the midfield, especially in an attacking sense... even if he does have to limp up and down the flanks. :whistle:;)

Dicsuss. ;)

I hate being forced to sound like a broken record.

We can't afford him, or any one else.

Dicsuss. ;)

To be honest, I've not seen Piper play since he played for us. I'm worried that he's nowhere near the Piper we had then. There's a high risk that he'd end up like Darren Eadie or Lee Morris, and we have no interest in that.

What am I saying?? He's a Leicester lad, bring him back at all costs! :thumbup:

I think he has retired. i'm Almost certain he is not attached to any club. :blink:

Left Sunderland in January, mutual consent... don't think he signed for anyone else in the meantime... he'd cost nothing to sign, just wages... Pay as you play wouldn't be a bad option, if he wants to keep his career alive, he wouldn't say no I shouldn't think...

To be honest, I've not seen Piper play since he played for us. I'm worried that he's nowhere near the Piper we had then. There's a high risk that he'd end up like Darren Eadie or Lee Morris, and we have no interest in that.

What am I saying?? He's a Leicester lad, bring him back at all costs! :thumbup:

Pay as you play - worth a flutter, see how he copes with training, give him a closed door reserve game (if we manage to arrange any) see if he can play.

As for not being the player he was, who cares - he can't be much worse than some of the options we have at the club in the winger positions - Sylla, Hughes... :S

spoke to his dad last week. he ref'd my game the other saturday. he trained with us pre season in a bid to prove his fitness and win himself a pay as you play contract but has an ankle problem and had to have another op on it. at this time he isnt fit but not retired as such, just having a break until his is injury free

Providing he gets back to FULL fitness (which I understand is pretty unlikely?) I think taking him back and giving him a chance on a pay as you play contract wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I don't think there's much point if he'd be a permanent injury worry though :(

spoke to his dad last week. he ref'd my game the other saturday. he trained with us pre season in a bid to prove his fitness and win himself a pay as you play contract but has an ankle problem and had to have another op on it. at this time he isnt fit but not retired as such, just having a break until his is injury free

It mentions that he's trying to get back to full fitness in the Colchester programme.

i mentioned this on another thread but i was speaking to his mate in the pub friday night and he said that piper is working with our physio and once fully fit kelly will be having a look at him

I think he has retired. i'm Almost certain he is not attached to any club. :blink:

He's not, that doesn't mean we can afford him. The FT was on here last night, they said we can't even afford to Loan a player :rolleyes: so we wont be signing anyone any time soon.

He's taking a year out of playing at a proffesional level, he's not retired.

He's not, that doesn't mean we can afford him. The FT was on here last night, they said we can't even afford to Loan a player :rolleyes: so we wont be signing anyone any time soon.

He's taking a year out of playing at a proffesional level, he's not retired.

Whatever was good enough for Billy McKinlay and Nicky Summerbee then....................

the guy cant get the neccersary insurance required to play professional football because of his injuries.

why dont we get martin o'neill back too!!!

He's had nothing other than an endless run of injuries since he left us four years ago.

We're not a charity case. What serious case is there for bringing him back?

It took us long enough to get shot of Lee Morris.

So why should we look to fill his place on the physio's couch?

the guy cant get the neccersary insurance required to play professional football because of his injuries.

why dont we get martin o'neill back too!!!

that is not the case

that is not the case

someone with his talent would be playing pro football if his insurance was reasonable

which club is going to pay inflated insurance on the off chance of him playing.

7 starts in over 4 years equats to large sums of money.

this in itself is reason enough not to resign him.

waste of time

Archived