Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Car Insurance

I got my Corsa last wednesday, I have passed my theory test, and hoping to pass my practical test shortly after christmas, but I can drive my car with someone who has been driving for 3 years and over 21, so I bought myself a car 1 litre, Corsa, 4 years old, 2 previous owner, 19,000 miles, for £2995 not bad! then came insurance, vertually everywhere cost £2000+ but I phoned tesco and the gave me £1700 and when I pass my test/pass plus they will give me a 30 to 40% discount! not bad, where has everyone else got there insurance?? and what car you got?

Well its too late now, but spose it would be nice to know what if?!

If I did get a quote and it was cheaper i'd go mad though!  :mad:

Can you cancel your insurance without losing money? lol

44733[/snapback]

Depends how you have paid/are paying and the terms and conditions of the Policy. ;)

Matt it's always a nightmare when you are learning or have just recently passed to get cheap insurance. I've been driving for 4 years now and haven't been in any accidents and still I'm paying £600 for my insurance on a Micra - and that's with my dad as the main driver. So I've built up no no-claims bonus yet :(

MG TF, insured through Nationwide/Churchill. I won't tell you how much, but please bear in mind I've been driving for over 9 years, I'm over 25, female and have full no claims discount!!

Well its too late now, but spose it would be nice to know what if?!

If I did get a quote and it was cheaper i'd go mad though!  :mad:

Can you cancel your insurance without losing money? lol

44733[/snapback]

Just phone them up and tell them you want to cancel your policy as you have found it cheaper elsewhere - they should then match it!

You can cancel it at anytime though normally.

Churchill, 1.2 Renault Clio Special Edition, £797 (Passed test in September)

45154[/snapback]

That's impressive, although you are over 21 so that helps I think. ;)

I'm 18 been driving six months and with tesco i'm paying £1,200 fully comp on a N Reg Renault Clio Rt 1.4

45288[/snapback]

That's quality fully comp! you done pass plus??

Might give Tesco a tinkle!! :thumbup:

45294[/snapback]

I am only a learner at the moment but i'm with Tesco and when I do pass plus they will give me a 30 to 40% refund.

As I said i've got a vauxhall corsa and as a learner i'm paying £1700, so when I do pass plus i will be paying around £1400 possibly less. Which isn't to bad! imo

Archived