Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

RK's Injury Crisis

Kelly Fronts Up Injury Nightmare

0,,10274~2942298,00.jpg

Boss Rob Kelly looks set to be without six regular first team squad members for Saturday's Championship clash against Crystal Palace at the Walkers Stadium.

The City squad was down to the bare bones when they travelled to Leeds on Tuesday, but despite the absences the Foxes still managed to battle out a 2-1 victory.

And following an injury to Gareth Williams in that game the list has been further added to - leaving Kelly short on options as he prepares his squad for the visit of the Eagles.

He said: "Gareth picked up a nasty ankle injury at Leeds and will be out for a number of weeks. He certainly won't make this weekend.

"Matty Fryatt is actually coming along well, but it looks like it will be another couple of weeks before we see him involved again.

"Paddy McCarthy has got no chance. James Wesolowski, Andy Johnson and Darren Kenton are also big doubts.

"But that's what happens in this division. None of the injuries could have been avoided. We will just get on with it.

"Normally, I would like to have my team for the weekend in my mind at this point, but at the moment we are not in the position to do that.

"But it is the same for everyone else. We don't play for a couple of weeks and then we play every third day so we knew this was going to happen. We will manage as best we can."

Meanwhile, Kelly confirmed that Carl Asaba remained at the club on a non-contract basis.

He added: "Carl is still working with us. He came here needing fitness work. We have got him for another week or so and we will see how that goes."

Williams, Fryatt, McCarthy, Wesolowski, Johnson, Kenton are the players we're almost certainly going to miss.

When I say miss, I mean they'll be missing from the squad. I don't think any of the fans will miss Andy Johnson. :whistle:

Six sounds bad at first, but really we're basically the same squad as Tuesday, just minus Williams.

I'm not as worried as I was when I read 'Six' the first time. ;)

Williams, Fryatt, McCarthy, Wesolowski, Johnson, Kenton are the players we're almost certainly going to miss.

When I say miss, I mean they'll be missing from the squad. I don't think any of the fans will miss Andy Johnson. :whistle:

Six sounds bad at first, but really we're basically the same squad as Tuesday, just minus Williams.

I'm not as worried as I was when I read 'Six' the first time. ;)

Porter or Andy King can well play midfield. Or Tiatto and Porter. Or Hume and bring in O'Grady. Or play 4-3-3. There's loads we can do and have every bit as strong a team as at Leeds. Only one or two of those would get in my preferred team anyway.

Archived