Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Captains comments

Well, what a week it's been so far.

Maximum points from back-to-back wins against Southampton and Leeds.

And on a personal note a broken nose, fractured eye-socket and an overnight stay in hospital.

Mind you, you never know, it might even improve my looks!

And it's one of those old footballing clichés that until you've broken your nose and re-arranged your facial features a few times you're not a proper centre-half.

I had previously broken my nose while playing for Ireland a few years ago.

But on this occasion it seems as if just about any part of my nose that could break has been broken.

After the Southampton game I went home on Saturday night and was in a bit of a state.

I went into hospital on Monday and had the operation to reset my nose in the afternoon.

I still felt groggy in the evening and was kept in overnight before I went to have some more scans.

Tuesday evening was spent watching Sky Sports Centre and looking out for the score from Elland Road.

When I saw that Leeds pulled a goal back in the closing stages it was a very nervy time.

I hate not being involved and they were an anxious few last minutes before we got all three points.

Unfortunately, I'm not the only one who is suffering with injury at the moment. There's quite a few of us suffering a variety of knocks.

I know that all of us are desperate to get back into action but we're fortunate in the sense that we've got the players who can come in and do a good job for the team - as has been proven in our last two games.

During the two-week break the manager spoke to us about the importance of a run of seven games in the space of 21 days.

And we could hardly have made a better start with those two victories.

Saturday's 3-2 defeat of Southampton was a game which seemed to have everything.

It was a great match to be involved in with both teams really going for it.

There were plenty of chances, drama and excitement and there was never a dull moment.

Humey's goals were fantastic strikes and I think they are going to take some beating when it comes to goal of the season.

As the manager has told us, it's been a real squad effort over the past week.

We've taken quite a few hits on the injury front but every player who has come in to the squad has done brilliantly.

Our squad spirit is really strong. There are no prima donnas in the dressing room and we all pull together.

And that's what has enabled us to take maximum points and put us in such good spirits for Saturday, despite all our walking wounded.

We've said it many times before but it's amazing how a couple of results can change the whole picture.

We're climbing the table rapidly now and it should not go unnoticed that we've put together a six-game unbeaten run.

Crystal Palace are another of the strongly fancied teams we find ourselves lining up against on Saturday afternoon.

But, as with Birmingham and Southampton, we've shown that we are a match for anyone in this division.

It's not just the players but everyone in the City seems to be really buzzing at the moment.

We want to carry on the momentum we've built up and here's hoping for another cracking afternoon on Saturday.

lcfc.com

No I am sure he has given up practice now he is captain and is too old to improve his skills. :mad:

If that was meant to be sarcastic he's had the problem a long time and it doesn't seem to me to be getting better. With McAuley contesting his place it's as aspect I would focus on seriously enough to demonstrate an improvement.

Steve Walsh also had distribution issues, but they didn't do HIM too much harm.. :rolleyes:

He was larger than life, a real talisman but nowhere near our best centre-half for exactly those reasons. People like Ian King, Tony Knapp, John Sjoberg were better in my view.

He was larger than life, a real talisman but nowhere near our best centre-half for exactly those reasons. People like Ian King, Tony Knapp, John Sjoberg were better in my view.

not been watching Leicester for nearly as long as you thrac but Matt Elliott deserves an honorable mention

Archived