Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fleckney Fox

28,762- it was'nt the loadest match i've been but it was a huge improvement to what we were forced to go through but i dont think this sort of attendance will last long- yes, there will most likely be a full house at aston villa - and if we win then that might change every thing, but for the likes of Barnsley and Wednesday are we going to carry on to the 27,000+ crowds- hope so :)

28,762- it was'nt the loadest match i've been but it was a huge improvement to what we were forced to go through but i dont think this sort of attendance will last long- yes, there will most likely be a full house at aston villa - and if we win then that might change every thing, but for the likes of Barnsley and Wednesday are we going to carry on to the 27,000+ crowds- hope so :)

Course we're not. For the Villa game we'll sell about the same as today, and for those sort of games we'll get 23K max.

Not gona last. We only got as many as we did today because of the 2 for 25 quid offer and 'cos of the amount of free tickets we gave away. Now clearly this isn't gona happen every week, and so I reckon we should be happy with crowds of 22k tops.

Disappointed with the atmosphere throughout for such a packed game :angry:

Not gona last. We only got as many as we did today because of the 2 for 25 quid offer and 'cos of the amount of free tickets we gave away. Now clearly this isn't gona happen every week, and so I reckon we should be happy with crowds of 22k tops.

Disappointed with the atmosphere throughout for such a packed game :angry:

Sometimes it is better with less people, because the fans that are there are usually always there and know all the songs and actually want to be there. A lot of people today would have been there because they got given tickets or thought 'That's cheap, wonder if they've improved since the last time i saw them in 2004' :rolleyes:

Sometimes it is better with less people, because the fans that are there are usually always there and know all the songs and actually want to be there. A lot of people today would have been there because they got given tickets or thought 'That's cheap, wonder if they've improved since the last time i saw them in 2004' :rolleyes:

Aye you could well have a good point there. My feeling is if you don't want to join in with the songs or you don't go to the game very often, sit in the Family Stand or the West Stand, and leave the Kop to people who know the songs and can be bothered to join in. It's good that we're attracting people to the ground by whatever means necessary, but we probably aren't doing enough to keep them in the ground anyway.

Not after today's performance. I think a lot of people will have gone home pretty disappointed.

why we got a 1-1 draw against a team hotly tipped for promotion, played well with half our 1st team injured and created a lot of chances

why we got a 1-1 draw against a team hotly tipped for promotion, played well with half our 1st team injured and created a lot of chances

I think I'll have to get a pair of those rose-tinted glasses you've got. They're obviously very good.

Had a giggle at some of the fair-weathers/non-football watchers today. Not to their faces obviously. 'How much is a programme? £1? £1.50?', 'I think they have toilets here somewhere, but I'm not sure', 'which rung am I sitting on, is it by the team?', 'why don't they have a big TV? etc. etc.

Had a giggle at some of the fair-weathers/non-football watchers today. Not to their faces obviously. 'How much is a programme? £1? £1.50?', 'I think they have toilets here somewhere, but I'm not sure', 'which rung am I sitting on, is it by the team?', 'why don't they have a big TV? etc. etc.

It's not very nice to laugh about people like that. :P

Any more howlers we should know about, while you're here? :laugh:

"Which team are we supposed to be supporting? What colour kit they wearing?" :ph34r:

It's not very nice to laugh about people like that. :P

Any more howlers we should know about, while you're here? :laugh:

"Which team are we supposed to be supporting? What colour kit they wearing? Why does that man in the blue shirt with the yeti hairstyle keep kicking the ball to the other team?" :ph34r: Hang on a minute...

:ph34r:

I think I'll have to get a pair of those rose-tinted glasses you've got. They're obviously very good.

no maybe you should just accept the fact we ARE a medioca team and adraw against a team pushing for promotion is a good result, why dont you just go support £hel$ki, you obviously want instant success

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the awesome forum that is Foxestalk.

Well annoyed by the atmosphere yesterday. I was sitting in the East Stand and hardly anyone was chanting or getting behind the team except for the end nearest to the away fans. It seems they were expecting to be entertained and an exhibition of football but we're not Man Utd or Arsenal, we're Leicester. The players need encouragement and we need to create an atmosphere.

If you asked someone to guess the attendance yesterday purely on the noise, you would have guessed around 7 to 8,000. Not being ageist but there were a lot of late middle aged people in the East Stand who just sat there in silence and only got up when the Twenty20 trophy was being paraded. It's probably the worst atmosphere I've seen at the Walkers, especially with such a big attendance.

Well annoyed by the atmosphere yesterday. I was sitting in the East Stand and hardly anyone was chanting or getting behind the team except for the end nearest to the away fans. It seems they were expecting to be entertained and an exhibition of football but we're not Man Utd or Arsenal, we're Leicester. The players need encouragement and we need to create an atmosphere.

If you asked someone to guess the attendance yesterday purely on the noise, you would have guessed around 7 to 8,000. Not being ageist but there were a lot of late middle aged people in the East Stand who just sat there in silence and only got up when the Twenty20 trophy was being paraded. It's probably the worst atmosphere I've seen at the Walkers, especially with such a big attendance.

YOu obvously dont go to many games becasue it has been ALOT worse.

Move to areas such as L1,F2,D2/E1 if youre after atmosphere and vote for the Kop to be swapped with the Family stand (when it happens again) as well then we'll get a better atmosphere.

no maybe you should just accept the fact we ARE a medioca team and adraw against a team pushing for promotion is a good result, why dont you just go support £hel$ki, you obviously want instant success

The point I'm trying to make really is that yes, we are mediocre at times but we can also play so much better! Compared with the dross under Levein, this season we have genuinely played some good football. Not brilliant football I grant you, we are not Man U etc as you say, but we have the potential in my view to reach the play-offs. What is so frustrating is that the potential is just not being realised.

That's what I meant earlier about the majority of the crowd going home disappointed. We could have easily won the game but didn't. Instead of building on what we had achieved in the first half we bizzarely lost our way.

If you were a season ticket holder (as opposed to a cheap/free ticket holder) you might look at things from a different perspective.

I'm all for getting more fans in if it means more money for the club but a lot of the people who had received either free tickets or cheaper tickets were just not interested.

1) They just sit there talking to each other all game about stuff that has no relevance whatsoever to the game

2) They bring their children along who are worse. They turn round and stare at you when you start singing etc.

3) They haven't got a clue who any of the players are.

4) They don't even cheer when we score- just a little clap.

There's the rant over....

I'm all for getting more fans in if it means more money for the club but a lot of the people who had received either free tickets or cheaper tickets were just not interested.

1) They just sit there talking to each other all game about stuff that has no relevance whatsoever to the game

2) They bring their children along who are worse. They turn round and stare at you when you start singing etc.

3) They haven't got a clue who any of the players are.

4) They don't even cheer when we score- just a little clap.

There's the rant over....

I think it will be a different story on Tuesday against Villa.

Archived