Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fleckney Fox

i think crowds will be larger but not as high as today as they are still doing deals

theres about 5 games i know about where people will be able to get a home ticket for a quid if they mention a matchday staffs name when they go to get their tickets but non of the games are against the bigger sides

i am probably gunna get slated for this but i dont actually care

yes i no going to football is an expensive hobby and some people work on saturdays and cant make it etc

BUT.... where are all these people every week??? did they only come coz we have hit some form?? or did they come just coz they got 2 tickets for the price of 1?????

i dont get it if they are all fans they should really make more of an effort at getting there more often, and before anyone says about money etc i have already said i get that

I must admit I did have a wry smile on my face or was I just looking smug :unsure: When I saw our attendance was higher then the "sleeping giant " that is Sunderland :rolleyes:

I did the same :D

Well it all depends on results on the size of the attendence but if the club gets more money in selling the tickets at 2 for 1 then there could be large crowds more often.

I'm all for getting more fans in if it means more money for the club but a lot of the people who had received either free tickets or cheaper tickets were just not interested.

1) They just sit there talking to each other all game about stuff that has no relevance whatsoever to the game

2) They bring their children along who are worse. They turn round and stare at you when you start singing etc.

3) They haven't got a clue who any of the players are.

4) They don't even cheer when we score- just a little clap.

There's the rant over....

infront of me yesterday were 2 women, aged 25-30ish and they turned up 20 minutes after kick off. looked at there tickets and realised they had to sit in the middle of a packed F1 block so they decided to park there fat arses infront of me at the end of a row. for the first 5 they were there they seemed interested and watched the game, after that (and even Humes pen) they chatted between themselves and to the asian teenager next to them and even texted mates during the game. im all for getting knew people into the game but if this means giving free tickets to people who will just turn up once (cos i know they wont be back soon) then the club are going about it all wrong. give tickets to local football teams who achieve things, even if the whole squad doesnt support city i guess a few will so if they go as a team (say 15-20 young lads) all sit together they are going to enjoy it and may want to come back again. these young girls then left 20 minutes before the end!!!!a bloody joke!

my missus mother and step dad went yesterday, they bought 2 tickets off someone at her work who couldnt make it but had bought 2 tickets to the Palace and Stoke games (and will be attending the Stoke Game). they sat in the family stand and is the first time they've been down the walkers even though they are both City Fans, they just dont have the money or time. when i return to my missus house we discuss the game and they both enjoyed it, watched from start to finish and made some good points about the play, some intersting comments about the stadium and atmosphere but still enjoyed it and really fancy going back again. these are the kind of people we need to bring in, people who will watch and enjoy the game who support the lads out there.

infront of me yesterday were 2 women, aged 25-30ish and they turned up 20 minutes after kick off. looked at there tickets and realised they had to sit in the middle of a packed F1 block so they decided to park there fat arses infront of me at the end of a row. for the first 5 they were there they seemed interested and watched the game, after that (and even Humes pen) they chatted between themselves and to the asian teenager next to them and even texted mates during the game. im all for getting knew people into the game but if this means giving free tickets to people who will just turn up once (cos i know they wont be back soon) then the club are going about it all wrong. give tickets to local football teams who achieve things, even if the whole squad doesnt support city i guess a few will so if they go as a team (say 15-20 young lads) all sit together they are going to enjoy it and may want to come back again. these young girls then left 20 minutes before the end!!!!a bloody joke!

my missus mother and step dad went yesterday, they bought 2 tickets off someone at her work who couldnt make it but had bought 2 tickets to the Palace and Stoke games (and will be attending the Stoke Game). they sat in the family stand and is the first time they've been down the walkers even though they are both City Fans, they just dont have the money or time. when i return to my missus house we discuss the game and they both enjoyed it, watched from start to finish and made some good points about the play, some intersting comments about the stadium and atmosphere but still enjoyed it and really fancy going back again. these are the kind of people we need to bring in, people who will watch and enjoy the game who support the lads out there.

This is the trouble we have at the moment the people who might have come won't come even if its free because they've grown disenchanted with the way the club is going and will only return when the team is playing is playing better or when the team is in the Premiership. A good point was raised on 606 last night by Alan Green to a Watford fan who was lamenting the way his team was playing and preferred it if they back in the Championship playing good football and winning every week. Later on a Brentford fan came on saying while the football they were playing was good they weren't winning games and would prefer long ball football which they played under Martin Allen and reached the play off two seasons in a row before he went to Mk Dons. Alan's point was that if he supported a team he wouldn't go and watch them if the football was poor even if they we're winng every week. At the moment we are still a poor side and we still aren't able to win on a regular basis and until we get consistency attendances will only go down.

Yesterdays attendance was good in part down to the previous two performances and the fact that the club had special offers and was giving tickets away. The trouble with such schemes is that it they attract people who wouldn't normally go to the games and while its true most wont come back at least one or two might become hooked and that can only be a good thing. Lets face it the club is damned if it does try something like this to increase attendances and damned if it doesn't.

I think the club deserve a bit of praise for trying it. Personally I haven't had a season ticket for a couple of years now for financial reasons but get along as much as possible and managed to get a free ticket for the Colchester game (cheers Hol. :D:thumbup: ). No matter how shite it was, it reminded me how much I cared and how much I missed going week in week out. Spent £69 on tickets for Palace, Villa, QPR and Stoke.

People taking up the free tickets or the 2 for £25 aren't ALL disinterested women or know-nothing families.

I think the club deserve a bit of praise for trying it. Personally I haven't had a season ticket for a couple of years now for financial reasons but get along as much as possible and managed to get a free ticket for the Colchester game (cheers Hol. :D:thumbup: ). No matter how shite it was, it reminded me how much I cared and how much I missed going week in week out. Spent £69 on tickets for Palace, Villa, QPR and Stoke.

People taking up the free tickets or the 2 for £25 aren't ALL disinterested women or know-nothing families.

I agree Fez, I don't have a season ticket but with the ticket offers that have been available this year me and my auntie (who used to have a season ticket at Filbo) have been to the majority of home games this season and are most likely going to get season tickets next term.

I did the same :D

Well it all depends on results on the size of the attendence but if the club gets more money in selling the tickets at 2 for 1 then there could be large crowds more often.

I think we'd have to sell 30,000 tickets at 2 for 1 just to make 15,000 worth of tickets sold. Also alot of tickets on Saturday where free.

YOu obvously dont go to many games becasue it has been ALOT worse.

Move to areas such as L1,F2,D2/E1 if youre after atmosphere and vote for the Kop to be swapped with the Family stand (when it happens again) as well then we'll get a better atmosphere.

I go to about 10 home matches a seasons - only missed the Southampton match this season so far. I used to think the centre of the East Stand was great for a good overall view and atmosphere but might have to reconsider after the Palace match.

They managed to concede 5 away from home though. ;)

I think every goal conceeded loses them another 250 fans (attending) - so their next home game will shed another 1,250 fans. :smile:

And I was always under the impression Leeds fans were supposedly a loyal bunch. :o

Luckily, in comparison, we only concede one goal a week, and each goal only costs us 50 fans. We're in good shape, relatively speaking. :D

That's my theory, though. :thumbsup:

Did we have the highest Championship attendance?

I'd anticipate Leeds or Sunderland to be the main competition, but somehow I doubt Leeds managed even 20k. :P

Yeah :thumbup:

I think every goal conceeded loses them another 250 fans (attending) - so their next home game will shed another 1,250 fans. :smile:

And I was always under the impression Leeds fans were supposedly a loyal bunch. :o

Luckily, in comparison, we only concede one goal a week, and each goal only costs us 50 fans. We're in good shape, relatively speaking. :D

That's my theory, though. :thumbsup:

Your theory is wrong looky, the level of crowd decay in both cases is higher than that :P

Still though, considering the quality of opposition we've been playing and the football we've been playing, I can understand us not breaking the 20k barrier often. We're on the up now though so I'll be expecting 21k plus most weeks now :D:cool:

this proves I was right, if the club gives concessions attendances can increase, keeping them up of course is down to form but I knew the potential is there if the club was more generous to non sth and members.

That's basic economic theory, I think most people expected that result!

Question is, does it make sense financially to give away so many tickets?

The club had best be looking at the numbers, and see if the 2 for 25 deal is an effective promotion - if it increased numbers significantly, it should be tried again. Hopefully deals such as 2 for 25 can increase numbers and generate additional revenue at hte same time. Variations on a theme might also be worth a try - 2 for 30 is still relatively good value, and might bring in a little more revenue.

Archived