Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Team for Aston Villa

If Tiatto and Hughes are missing that gives us 14 players plus Rab assuming Levi Porter doesn't get over his sickness bug!

Logan

Stearman

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Nissa

Low

Wesolowski

Sylla

Welsh

Hammond

Hume

Henderson, Maybury, O'Grady, ???, ???

Looking slightly threadbare to say the least!!!

Your point is valid enough but every match carries risks - there are no easy fixtures in reality.

But what you say was one of the reasons I couldn't understand Kelly not using Weso at all on Saturday, particularly as two wingers wasn't working and 4-3-3/3-4-3 might have found a way through the centre where I always felt we could take cause em trouble with Hammond's pace.

As it turned out, we didn't find out and Weso didn't get any much-needed miles on the clock. Or O'Grady.

Introducing Sylla had no logic at all that I could work out.

Wesolowski was ruled out by Kelly on friday due to having hamstring trouble. He then appeared on the bench because our 2 central midfielders were also carrying knocks. I think Wesolowski was only going to be used in an emergency, given how delicate they need to be with him afetr all his injury problems. You might argue that Kelly needn't of risked Wesolowski and put Porter on the bench instead and i'd have to agree with you there, but for reasons unknown Porter hasn't figured since Birmingham away.

If Tiatto and Hughes are missing that gives us 14 players plus Rab assuming Levi Porter doesn't get over his sickness bug!

Logan

Stearman

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Nissa

Low

Wesolowski

Sylla

Welsh

Hammond

Hume

Henderson, Maybury, O'Grady, ???, ???

Looking slightly threadbare to say the least!!!

At least the back four are solid... if Weso plays, then he, Low and Welsh can still pack a punch and there's nothing wrong with what Hume and Hammond have been doing of late!

Doesn't look like they'd get past the bench though, with Kelly saying that the 11 will be first teamers.

I think what Kelly meant by that, is that the eleven that go out there will put in a professional performance. perhaps i'm wrong? But even with the injuries we've got, we've still got 11 so called first teamers, so i'd only expect a couple of the youths to be on the bench anyway (not including our academy lot that have already been playing for our first team).

Would be good if King and Gradel both were on the bench but Kelly had to bring them on and they ran amok. No doubt he'd take the credit for giving them a chance.

----------------------Logan---------------------------

---Stearman---Kisnorbo---McAuley---Nils------------

------------Wesolowski----------King------------------

---Low---------------------------------------------Welsh

--------------------------Hume---------------------------

-----------------------Hammond---------------------------

THink this formation would be worth a try.

The way i see it, we've got nothing to lose tomoro so may as well try something different.

I remember Martin O'Neill throwing Stuart Campbell in to the first team away at Man United or was it at home? Either way he had a blinder. Does this have any relevance? Probably not! :D

Big game = big chance = big adrenaline.

Throwing the kids in as deep as you can could be good for them.

It could also be absolutely devastating and career-threatening. ;)

Wonder how the likes of Chambers, King, McKay, that Odimhabo (forgive the spelling) chap, and Mattock would cope with being thrown into the starting line up against Villa. ;)

Wonder how the likes of Chambers, King, McKay, that Odimhabo (forgive the spelling) chap, and Mattock would cope with being thrown into the starting line up against Villa. ;)

If they were thrown in all together it would be a nightmare waiting to happen I would have thought. But 1 or 2 of them getting a game wouldn't do them any harm, infact it would give them invaluable experience and we might even un-earth some more players who can be relied upon to play for the first team.

Odihambo must have the most misspelt name in the City squad. Even the OS changed it from week to week last season. Odihambo seems to have stuck for now but look out for Odhdiambo and now Lookwhat's Odimhabo. Anyway, look well if we play the entire Academy team and win!!! Imagine what that would do for Kelly's credibility.

You could just see the papers:

"Villa demolished

by mini diggers"

"Clarets soured by

the Vimto kids"

I'll make the best of it before the match is played I think, especially the speed our troops are falling... :whistle::whistle::whistle::D

If they were thrown in all together it would be a nightmare waiting to happen I would have thought. But 1 or 2 of them getting a game wouldn't do them any harm, infact it would give them invaluable experience and we might even un-earth some more players who can be relied upon to play for the first team.

One one hand, I'd have thought throwing in a few more in one go might be beneficial - seeing as they've grown up together and played together for a few years now. They should, in theory, be a very cohesive unit under those circumstances.

On the other, I guess you're right though, that'd be asking a hell of a lot from a large group of kids. Would be unfair to throw the entire squad in all at once, it could trash their confidence.

I see no reason why a cup game couldn't be used to blood one or two new first-teamers - Dodds really should have got to play in the last cup game, shame he's not around for it this time.

Don't suppose many listened to the phone-in (as it was like pouring cold sick in your ears), but Birch said he knew the team, wouldn't say what it was exactly, but hinted that there would be kids on the bench that most hadn't heard of.

Don't suppose many listened to the phone-in (as it was like pouring cold sick in your ears), but Birch said he knew the team, wouldn't say what it was exactly, but hinted that there would be kids on the bench that most hadn't heard of.

If t'is true, Thracian will be spraying his glass of cocoa all around his front room and grinning ear to ear right now, as it means that possibly King, Gradel, Chambers or Odihambo could well be on the bench and may well get their chance to impress in the first team :P

Nah, he'll just be fuming when they stay on the bench the whole night. ;)

:laugh: yeah probably right actually. I can imagine him sitting in the ground grumbling to himself about RK's lack of ambition because he left the youth lads on the bench, and then when he gets home he comes on here:

And why the hell did Kelly leave Gradel and King on the bench? It was clear to everybody that we were struggling to create chances and we didn't have the cutting edge required to cause Villa's defence problems. The way we should have played tonight was attacking, high-tempo football, not the slow, functional football we've become accustomed to. King and Gradel are always dangerous players and they are always likely to score goals as well. What is the point in calling them up if they're not going to get a chance on the pitch?

Archived