Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Team for Aston Villa

Don't suppose many listened to the phone-in (as it was like pouring cold sick in your ears), but Birch said he knew the team, wouldn't say what it was exactly, but hinted that there would be kids on the bench that most hadn't heard of.

That would bring bragging rights, surely...

"I was on the bench against Villa" :cool:

If t'is true, Thracian will be spraying his glass of cocoa all around his front room and grinning ear to ear right now, as it means that possibly King, Gradel, Chambers or Odihambo could well be on the bench and may well get their chance to impress in the first team :P

Of course I'll be pleased but they'll be up against it with so many regulars out and will need all the support we can give them.

Even so, I've not the slightest doubt they'll do the club proud and there's no better situation for them to make their point and to stake a claim for senior recognition.

Of course I'll be pleased but they'll be up against it with so many regulars out and will need all the support we can give them.

Even so, I've not the slightest doubt they'll do the club proud and there's no better situation for them to make their point and to stake a claim for senior recognition.

Ahh glad to see you're backing up ,my post and not making me look silly :thumbup:

There'd be no better chance for one or two of the younger lads to burst on to the scene and make an impact than now seeing as we have so many injuries and could possibly build a decent side out of the players who are injured. It'd be nice to see them get on and do well, and, if your reports and rave reviews are anything to go by, I look forward to seeing them play tomorrow :)

Don't suppose many listened to the phone-in (as it was like pouring cold sick in your ears), but Birch said he knew the team, wouldn't say what it was exactly, but hinted that there would be kids on the bench that most hadn't heard of.

If 8 regulars are out, and he's just picking from the squad, a couple have to at least make the bench. Gradel would be one, I'd guess.

If t'is true, Thracian will be spraying his glass of cocoa all around his front room and grinning ear to ear right now, as it means that possibly King, Gradel, Chambers or Odihambo could well be on the bench and may well get their chance to impress in the first team :P

As posted on the match thread, this is from the mercury..

"...City have also named 18-year-old winger Max Gradel and 17-year-old striker Eric Odhiambo in the squad, and they could be introduced from the bench for their debuts."

Cue Thrac..... :ph34r:

Thracian would you take a 6-2 defeat tonight if it meant a team of:

Logan

Magunda

Stearman

Kisnorbo

Mattock

Gradel

Wesolowski

King

Porter

Hume

Odihambo

:D:D:D

Not quite Ric because I'd never play Stearman anywhere but right back, I'd want McAuley with Kisnorbo, no-one can replace Hammond's pace up front and I might play O'Grady/Hume in midfield instead of Weso out of concern for the latter's stamina after so long out and to add a bit of strength in there.

It's a fantasy of course, it won't happen. But I'll be grimacing if we concede the initiative from the start and play either Low or Sylla on the right or Maybury anywhere but in his natural position of right back.

If Kelly's going to believe in a young team the less disruption to their natural style the better. By that I mean the Academy style of pressing on and supporting right through the team, of movement after every pass, of six and seven players attacking the box when we're in the front third.

People like Sylla, Low and Maybury won't help that flow at all in my view and if we adopt a halfway house approach we'll surely come unstuck.

With these "adjustments" I don't think we'd lose 6-2. I have every faith in our young players. They are not nearly as inexperienced as people make out and have great energy and self-confidence. Tough enough? Hard to say but if they the ball and keep it, the opposition are the ones who'll need the strength.

The team we've talked about is how I'd love to see City lined up in the future - with Fryatt, Odihambo/Chambers/Tommy Tejan-Sie and Billy McKay all involved too.

But before anyone suggests it, I do not say this would be the ideal line-up in our Championship matches right now.

It might however be the best we can manage tonight though because of all our injuries, if it were, I'll be more than interested to see how they perform.

For one or two there is sure to be great opportunity.

:D:D:D

Not quite Ric because I'd never play Stearman anywhere but right back, I'd want McAuley with Kisnorbo, no-one can replace Hammond's pace up front and I might play O'Grady/Hume in midfield instead of Weso out of concern for the latter's stamina after so long out and to add a bit of strength in there.

It's a fantasy of course, it won't happen. But I'll be grimacing if we concede the initiative from the start and play either Low or Sylla on the right or Maybury anywhere but in his natural position of right back.

If Kelly's going to believe in a young team the less disruption to their natural style the better. By that I mean the Academy style of pressing on and supporting right through the team, of movement after every pass, of six and seven players attacking the box when we're in the front third.

People like Sylla, Low and Maybury won't help that flow at all in my view and if we adopt a halfway house approach we'll surely come unstuck.

With these "adjustments" I don't think we'd lose 6-2. I have every faith in our young players. They are not nearly as inexperienced as people make out and have great energy and self-confidence. Tough enough? Hard to say but if they the ball and keep it, the opposition are the ones who'll need the strength.

The team we've talked about is how I'd love to see City lined up in the future - with Fryatt, Odihambo/Chambers/Tommy Tejan-Sie and Billy McKay all involved too.

But before anyone suggests it, I do not say this would be the ideal line-up in our Championship matches right now.

It might however be the best we can manage tonight though because of all our injuries, if it were, I'll be more than interested to see how they perform.

For one or two there is sure to be great opportunity.

:thumbup:

Archived