Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Leicester- Aston Villa Player Ratings

Kelly 5 (Always up against it with the injuries and got tremendous spirit out of the side. Unfortunately gave us a handicap with Sylla and Low, made bizarre substitutions and didn't have a plan B. Guilty of allowing us to try and sit on 2-2 when, admittedly we were knackered. He was unlucky it didn't work (as is so often the case) because a forward made the sort of cock-up they are always likely to make on unfamiliar territory.

5 for Kelly? Absolute bollocks. You defend him with your comments yet you'd give him 5. Is this just a personal crusade to criticise!? "He handicapped us with Low and Sylla!!!" We had no other players and if anybody handicapped us it wasn't Kelly it was the players mentioned. Unbelievable.

Well done Rob! Excellent. Proud to be a realistic City fan!!

Henderson 8 - Fantastic saves

Maybury 7 - Soild

Mcauley 7 - Worries me alot less than McCarthy does

Kisnorbo 8 - Won almost everything he needed to

Nisse 9 - Brilliant best game in a leics shirt

Sylla 8 - Much better than low

Stearman 8 - Mobile, got stuck in

Weso 8 - Needs to stay fir and he might be the answer

Welsh 7 - worked hard, didn't really beat his man

Hume 8 - Usual hume performance

Hammond 7 - Alrgith until he gets the ball

Low 6 - pah

Eric 6- Not ready

I ****ing love Nils. He's such an ogre but he makes me laugh so much when he goes on his blazing runs forward and skins about 0 players.

;)

It did make me laugh though when our mob started calling Angel and Baros gypos despite the obvious hypocrisy of Nils parading down our left side looking like an extra from Lord of the Rings.

Great Performance, Playing a team that have not lost in the prem, we matched them in every department

Henderson 9 - great pen save. A good save to deny there midfielder, were he tipped it over the bar

Maybury 7 - Had a good game

Mcauley 7 - Good solid performance didnt give Baros and Angel time on the ball

Kisnorbo 8 - Excellent, defended everything thrown at him

Johanson 9 - Excellent ! Didnt give agbonlahor time on the ball , but 1 mistake were he was ball watching got them a goal.

Wesolowski 7 - Did well, got stuck in

Stearman 7 - Looked good, looked confident going forward

Slowmo Sylla 7 - Had a good game, put in some dangerous high tackles lol, great set piece taker

Welsh 6 - Had a few good runs never really got the ball

Hume 8 - worked his nuts off for 120 minutes, great game Humey

Hammond 6 - Never really got going, trips over the ball too many times

Odihambo 6 - played on adrenalin, closed down well, panicked when on the ball , but hes only 17 give him time one for the future

Low 6 - Shame on Low, gutted for him, 119 minutes on the clock ur a yard away from your goalline, facing it, pressure on with 1000s of fans behind the goal, just needed to put it in row z but spooned it up in the air, hell be back fighting ( hopefully )

Henderson 10

Maybury 7

Kisnorbo 9

McAuley 8

Nils 9 (absolutely gobsmacked by his performance seeing as he is normally useless!!)

Sylla 2

Weso 9

Stearman 7

Welsh 8

Hammond 7

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuume 9

Subs:

Low 0 (absolutely dreadful, even worse than Sylla worryingly)

Eric. O. 5 (This is a rating of 5, and not 0.5. Probably not ready for the step up just yet, but then again it was his debut and against a stern Prem defense)

hendo 8 let 3 in but did some super stuff too!!

maybury 7 well well well he did well and shouldnt be overlooked in the future

mcauley 9 solid.... getting better what a bargain!

kiso 8 good goal fairly solid

nils 9 best game ive ever seen him play for city

sylla 7 well hes either after a move to villa or a new contract but well he looked like we had a new player

stearman 7 good goal fairly solid and well not bad for an emergency midfielder

weso 10 GOD LIKE

welsh 7 Did well needs to convert the cross to goals then he would be akin to gupps

hume 7 unlucky against smellberger/ridgewell but opened up alot of gaps!

hammond 7 fairly solid

subs: low 5, kenton 5, eric 'RAMBO' 5 ---- they all added to the overall game but ok

Well

Hendo 8 gr8 saves!!!

defence i give the all a 9 they all played with utter commitment and im proud of the lads especially nils who was almost worthy of a ten.

midfield- they all played well but maybury made alot of stupid mistakes so 8 to all but maybury who gets a 6

strikers- Hume worked his socks off 8

Hammond- did very well himself held the ball up well, made some god runs 8

subs- odhiambo- well wasnt to sure about him he looked like he was tryung to hard maybe but i think the standards were to high for him.

the rest of the subs all get 6's didnt really make much difference apart from low who did well wen he came on so 7 for him.

Well

Hendo 8 gr8 saves!!!

defence i give the all a 9 they all played with utter commitment and im proud of the lads especially nils who was almost worthy of a ten.

midfield- they all played well but maybury made alot of stupid mistakes so 8 to all but maybury who gets a 6

strikers- Hume worked his socks off 8

Hammond- did very well himself held the ball up well, made some god runs 8

subs- odhiambo- well wasnt to sure about him he looked like he was tryung to hard maybe but i think the standards were to high for him.

the rest of the subs all get 6's didnt really make much difference apart from low who did well wen he came on so 7 for him.

Maybury played at the back :blink:

And Josh Low was good :o

:welcome:

welcome to the board. Only comment on the 1st post is that I think stearman desers more credit and Huuuuuuuume didnt seem quite himself tonight.

Happy posting

Thank you for the welcome my friend!

I thought that Stearman was in no way lacking in commitment and I feel that is unquestionnable. However I fealt being played out of position (through no fault of his own) he was not as effective as he can be being played in his favoured position.

I fealt he went missing a few times during the game, during open play, his passing was defensively minded not giving city an option from the middle as most of our attemts were from wide areas. The only time we got in through the middle was when elvis or hume came to collect. I feel that this affected humes game a little also. This also put more strain on the wingers as they had little option but to go from the outside as opposed having the additional option of passing infield. There was nobody in the middle of the field during an attcking play as I feal stearman didn't drive forward enough.

Again this may not have been his fault as he may have been instructed to play defensive.

Maybury played at the back :blink:

And Josh Low was good :o

well if he was supposed to be at the back then he should have an even lower rating! he didnt spend hardley anytime back there at all! and ok josh didnt do gr8 but he did better than other two subs :P

Archived