Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finn Claw

Worst City 11

My criteria for the worst 11 are players that played more than a handful of games for the club, who somehow maanged to retain a place in the side either because the manager didn't see they were rubbish or we had no other alternatives.

Jones, Eadie - cost a lot but were unlucky with injuries

Gilbert, Hamill, Lowe - too few games to really count

Pressman, Phillpot, Wise (who was well past his best and an arse), Alan Rodgers and L Marshall are all fair shouts

Perhaps so, but we paid way over the odds for him.

In fact several of these players took large sums of money out of the club, and in some cases money we didn't actually have.

They must therefore bear responsibility for our recent sorry decline.

But that's not exactly essential when naming a 'worst XI'. The blame for overpriced and overpaid players surely lies with the board and the management first and foremost. I'm sure you feel that you've seen worse players regularly in an Leicester shirt than a few you mentioned.

where the fook is roberto mancini in these teams? we'd have been better off getting bobby charlton, that was probably the biggest joke signing of the last 10 years in my opinion

We heard you the first time. :P

where the fook is roberto mancini in these teams? we'd have been better off getting bobby charlton, that was probably the biggest joke signing of the last 10 years in my opinion

4 appearances. Hardly warrants a place in a Worst Leicester XI.

4 appearances. Hardly warrants a place in a Worst Leicester XI.

he would certainly be in my top 11, while i am not awake enough to think up an entire 11 i'd put john curtis in as a certainty too. the mancini thing was a shocking decision and his 4 games were pretty embarassing as the bloke was barely mobile by the time he joined us. was a quality player in his career though

Of the last decade...

Pressman

Curtis

Laursen

Howey

Gilbert

W**e (can't believe NO-ONE has picked him.. :o:o:o )

Jones (ditto, if only because of the money we blew on him)

Gemmill

Eadie

Blake

Morris

Rubbish !!!

Howey was always solid.

Wise was and still is a good play, it was just what happened after he left.

Jones was a great player. Such a shame what happened to him.

Eadie - same as above.

Rubbish !!!

Howey was always solid.

Wise was and still is a good play, it was just what happened after he left.

Jones was a great player. Such a shame what happened to him.

Eadie - same as above.

I wouldn't put in my worse ten but Howey was poor as for Wise he never put in an iota of effort just played the big I am, swanning around the pitch claiming all the corners and then delivering shite all for which he was paid a small fortune. All that before his asault on Davidson and his forcing of the club into administration.

Eadie always looked good when he did play - I remember when we drew against Arsenal in the cup (and beat them on peno) and Eadie outpaced Henry.

if we did an injury prone 11 he would defo be in it.

Wise is one that requires a lot of thought, he was an arse but so much was expected from him and he delivered nothing, he was one of the most dissapiinting LCFC players of all time but i'm not sure the worst.

Worst 11

1. Douglas

2. Keown

3. Makin

4. Rogers

5. Marshall

6. Lewis

7. Wilcox

8. Hignett

9. Akinbiyi

10. Blake

11. Gemmill

vs Best 11

1.Keller

2.Taggart

3.Elliott

4.Walsh

5.Lennon

6.Izzet

7.Savage

8.Corica

9.Heskey

10.Cottee

11.Guppy

Bench - Kaamark, S Wilson, Collymore, Arphexad, Claridge,

Worst 11 =

1 Kevin Pressman

2. John Curtis

3. Chris Makin

4. Martin Laurson

5. At the time damien delaney

6. Junior Lewis

7. Craig Hignett

8. Dennis Wise

9. Nathan Blake

10 Ade Akinbiyi

11. jason Wilcox

Worst 11 =

1 Kevin Pressman

2. John Curtis

3. Chris Makin

4. Martin Laurson

5. At the time damien delaney

6. Junior Lewis

7. Craig Hignett

8. Dennis Wise

9. Nathan Blake

10 Ade Akinbiyi

11. jason Wilcox

You mean Jacob Laursen ;)

Do people actually find Akinbiyi worse than e.g. Hammond? :unsure:

Kalac

Curtis

Spearing

Carey

Laursen

Paris

Hamill

Marshall, L

Lewis

O'Grady

Fenton

You are facing the wrath of Thrac by putting O'grady in. Did Thrac rate Delaney by the way, or Steff Oaks, they were pretty poor in my opinion

akinybye gets in i think because he cost 5 million, which is not his fault, perhaps agian like wise this is more to do with being dissapointed with him rather than him being shite.

He was dreadful though, i'll stick to that

People putting Akinbiyi in are crazy. Benjamin was worse than him and O'Grady is worse than Benjamin.

Well said.

OK he missed a few sitters but the whole team in general was a shambles and as I've said before £15 million in transfer fees he's commanded and you don't get managers paying that kind of money on crap.

Archived