Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AussieFox

Kisnorbo gets Australia call up

Australia's 2007 AFC Asian Cup preparations continued when the 18-man Socceroos squad to face Ghana in an international match at Loftus Road on November 14 (November 15 AEDT) was announced.

The majority of the 2006 FIFA World Cup squad have been included with Brett Holman, Scott McDonald and Patrick Kisnorbo also retained from the squad that played Kuwait in Kuwait City during September.

Head Coach Graham Arnold picked an all European based squad, deciding against selecting A-League players due to the short space of time between their round of matches and the match in London.

Mark Viduka and Harry Kewell were not considered due to injury with Craig Moore recalled after his ill-fated trip to Australia last month for the internationals against Paraguay and Bahrain.

Socceroos squad is: John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Mark Bresciano (Palermo, Italy), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Scott Chipperfield (Basel, Switzerland), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), Brett Holman (NEC Nijmegen, Netherlands), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leicester City, England), Scott McDonald (Motherwell, Scotland), Craig Moore (Newcastle United, England), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), Michael Petkovic (Sivasspor, Turkey), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Josip Skoko (Wigan, England), Shane Stefanutto (SK Lillestrom, Norway), Mile Sterjovski (Basel, Switzerland), Luke Wilkshire (Twente, Netherlands).

"Similarly Patrick Kisnorbo has been playing well and we will take this chance to bring him in. It's important to have some rotation so we can continue to build depth."

This is fantastic news for Kis, it just shows that hard work pays off in the end. Should be an entertaining match at Loftus Rd, shame i'm stuck here in Oz for it. Hopefully he can start and show the Australian public that he is worthy of his selection.

Great news. Paddy has been phenomenal this season. 4 goals, numerous last ditch tackles, aerial dominance and raw thuggery to boot. One of the best centre halves i've seen at Leicester, the transformation in his game in the past 10 months is frightening.

Great news. Paddy has been phenomenal this season. 4 goals, numerous last ditch tackles, aerial dominance and raw thuggery to boot. One of the best centre halves i've seen at Leicester, the transformation in his game in the past 10 months is frightening.

Couldnt agree more. I thought he was absolute crap when he first came and was playing CM. Since putting him at Centre Back, i'd say hes one of the best players on the team.

The chant does sum it up though -

KISNORBO, WH-O-O.

KISNORBO, WH-O-O.

HE USED TO BE S***E, NOW HE'S ALRIGHT.

KISNORBO, WH-O-O.

Hes better than alright though

He should be proud of himself - it couldn't happen to a more wholehearted and deserving bloke.

If he ever learns to pass he could be a great International.

Talk about trying to keep his feet on the ground lol!!

Great news and I'm very happy for him :smile: Well deserved after such an amazing transformation in performance :thumbup:

Couldnt agree more. I thought he was absolute crap when he first came and was playing CM. Since putting him at Centre Back, i'd say hes one of the best players on the team.

The chant does sum it up though -

KISNORBO, WH-O-O.

KISNORBO, WH-O-O.

HE USED TO BE S***E, NOW HE'S ALRIGHT.

KISNORBO, WH-O-O.

Hes better than alright though

How about dynamite??

Archived