Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Paddy's Banned

that doesnt actually matter, if the ref deems he denided a clear goalscoring oppertunity a red card is applicable, besides the other defender was lever with them not infront

Yes it does.

It was a goalscoring chnace but because there was a covering defender there's that chance that the defender would've made the challenge.

He was right not to send him off.

Yes it does.

It was a goalscoring chnace but because there was a covering defender there's that chance that the defender would've made the challenge.

He was right not to send him off.

no it doesn't read the rule, there is no mention of a covering defender, it simply states if a clear goal scoring oppertunity is denied then a red card may be issued, other wise u cud have a defender on the oppersite side of the box and claim he's covering to avopid a red card when in reality he has no chance of affecting the game, it was the same today as stearman was about to be clean through having got away from both defenders who were within 2 yards of each other, it was a clear goal scoring oppertunity so he SHOULD of been dismissed

From the FIFA website

Sending-Off Offences

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

1. is guilty of serious foul play

2. is guilty of violent conduct

3. spits at an opponent or any other person

4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

6. uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

7. receives a second caution in the same match.

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off and shown the red card must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

as i said no mention of covering defenders, he should of been sent off

no it doesn't read the rule, there is no mention of a covering defender, it simply states if a clear goal scoring oppertunity is denied then a red card may be issued, other wise u cud have a defender on the oppersite side of the box and claim he's covering to avopid a red card when in reality he has no chance of affecting the game, it was the same today as stearman was about to be clean through having got away from both defenders who were within 2 yards of each other, it was a clear goal scoring oppertunity so he SHOULD of been dismissed

Yes may issues a red card.

So you'd class 1 on 2 a clear goal scoring opportunity?

A prime example of the right decision is when Hammond got brought down against Leeds.

Yes may issues a red card.

So you'd class 1 on 2 a clear goal scoring opportunity?

A prime example of the right decision is when Hammond got brought down against Leeds.

did u watch the same game, davieg said it earlier, the cut inside by stearman was taking him clear of both of them to a 1 on 1 situation with the keeper, and to start picking at the way i worded it shows you dont have an arguement, its the same when people pick on spelling mistakes because they are wrong, as i proved with the quote from FIFA, your wrong he should of been sent off and the ref bottled it

the other defender was going in the wrong direction which means he would of had more then enough time to get a shot off, you last point was just ludicrous, the rule obviously applies to the area in and around the penalty box

the other defender was going in the wrong direction which means he would of had more then enough time to get a shot off, you last point was just ludicrous, the rule obviously applies to the area in and around the penalty box

Just wondering, what part of the ground did you sit in, proably had a different view of it to me. I was behind the play in the kop.

Can't he change direction then?

you only need a couple of yards space (which he would of got) to take a shot you know, dont have to be alone for 10 yards in each direction, do you?

Nope, just looked to me as if he wouldn't have got those few yards of space.

We could keep going on all night let's just let it go :thumbup:

It didn't affect the final result anyway :whistle:lol(I know it probably did affect the final score btw)

Paddy Mac had a solid match, he was unlucky with the card and the free kick. The fury with which he ripped off his mask and threw it after their goal showed me how much he cares for this team. That passion is why he's our captain, he played on the other week with a fractured eyesocket and broken nose, playing through the pain for the cause, that is why he's our captain.

He is a better player to have in the team than McCauley IMO. He wears our shirt with pride and i hope he'll go on to become a leicester legend. :scarf:

i'd have kisnorbo or stearman, i just dont personally like strikers as captains

Shearer you foo'?

A captain should be someone that gives 100% and does'nt give in whatever the score. Hume's that man.

As for Stearman he's far too young and naive maybe in a few years.

Shearer you foo'?

A captain should be someone that gives 100% and does'nt give in whatever the score. Hume's that man.

As for Stearman he's far too young and naive maybe in a few years.

yes i'd just love to have a cheating twat that thinks nothing of booting a guy in the face as captain of our side :rolleyes:

I think Kisnorbo should be captain. Leads by example and is our best player. I don't like the fact that our captain has been our third best player in his position this season. Oh well.

Agree 100%. Kisnorbo is by far our best defender atm, and leads the back line better than Paddy Mac does. McAuley fits in better with Paddy K, and so Paddy M wouldn't even make the team if it were not for him being club captain.

As LL said earlier in this thread, McCarthy is his own worst enemy, he gives away far too many stupid freekicks and earns himself more needless bookings than is necessary. Our defense actually looks more fragile with him in it imo.

(he looks good with Kenton partnering him at CB, but isn't suited to play with Kisnorbo or McAuley, and I know who my preferred pairing would be)

Kisnorbo is the best defender we have but i think the added pressure of captaincy may just get to him and make hime not perform as well, like Sami Hyypia did for Liverpool.

Flair players such as McCarthy and Hume are the ideal candidates as they thrive on this stuff.

Kisnorbo is the best defender we have but i think the added pressure of captaincy may just get to him and make hime not perform as well, like Sami Hyypia did for Liverpool.

Flair players such as McCarthy and Hume are the ideal candidates as they thrive on this stuff.

What's your definition of flair because McCarthy would be way down my list of flair players?

Archived