Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Paddy's Banned

I agree with Bertfox. Flair not in the creative way but in the fire in the belly way. Players who flair up and get passionate. MAC and Hume stand out in this respect.

I don't think that's the universally accepted use of the word.

Finally people are seeing that McCarthy isnt that great! :thumbsup: god knows how he was made captian.

You don't have to be a a great player to be a captain.

The way i see it is that the captain is the one that inspires you and Hume and McCarthy always give there all until the end (I'm not saying others don't, but these two do it the most!) and that would make me think if they haven't given up, then neither should i.

pish. Bertfox made a valid point that skill shouldn't determine captain selection. Balls and leadership should.

The way i see it is that the captain is the one that inspires you and Hume and McCarthy always give there all until the end (I'm not saying others don't, but these two do it the most!) and that would make me think if they haven't given up, then neither should i.

So what has either of those answers got to do with the definition of flair, I don't believe McCarthy is a flair player, bert thinks he is, I asked him to explain his definition of flair - I don't see it.

I wasn't questioning McCarthy's passion, never give up attitude or his captaincy just why you believe he's a flair player.

To me a flair player is someone with abundant football skills, who can do things the average player can't do in entertaining way, that doesn't describe McCarthy -bert obviously has a different definition.

People (Not all but some) on this board have for a while now, been suggesting that we are really lucky to have 3 good centre backs fighting over 2 positions. But the stats don't back this up. Only one cleansheet in the last nine games or something stupid. If we could have had 3 more clean sheets, thats 3 games we've nicked a game 1-0 instead of drawing.

Now, all 3 of them put in last minute challenges and blocks, but the thing is that to be a good defender, and or have a decent defence, you shouldn't be in a position in the 1st place that you'd need to.

Man to man marking they are fine, but as soon as the opposition has a bit of movement, they are fooked. And still, after all this time, they still can't defend against a ball crossed into the box.

If anyone thinks we may get promoted to the prem with MM money, we better get, at least one centre half.

Louise - It'd be good if you could breakdown, goals conceded, and cleansheets, with every CB partnering.

Aha. I see.

It's just that it made me think of a very famous old-time Italian player (also 1982 World Champion) and now manager, Marco Tardelli, whose nickname used to be "Schizzo".

He scored in the final didn't he, and ran for about 50 yards screaming his own name :D

I didn't think he was a manager I thought he was the new Chairman of Juvu?

So what has either of those answers got to do with the definition of flair, I don't believe McCarthy is a flair player, bert thinks he is, I asked him to explain his definition of flair - I don't see it.

I wasn't questioning McCarthy's passion, never give up attitude or his captaincy just why you believe he's a flair player.

To me a flair player is someone with abundant football skills, who can do things the average player can't do in entertaining way, that doesn't describe McCarthy -bert obviously has a different definition.

I use the word flair in exactly the same manner as you do. I am just willing to let others use it how they see fit. I could see the point bert was trying to make. Word definition isn't the important issue here anyway.. football is.

I use the word flair in exactly the same manner as you do. I am just willing to let others use it how they see fit. I could see the point bert was trying to make. Word definition isn't the important issue here anyway.. football is.

Of course word definition is important, thats how we communicate. If we all have different a understanding of what words means it would be absolute chaos.

People (Not all but some) on this board have for a while now, been suggesting that we are really lucky to have 3 good centre backs fighting over 2 positions. But the stats don't back this up. Only one cleansheet in the last nine games or something stupid. If we could have had 3 more clean sheets, thats 3 games we've nicked a game 1-0 instead of drawing.

Now, all 3 of them put in last minute challenges and blocks, but the thing is that to be a good defender, and or have a decent defence, you shouldn't be in a position in the 1st place that you'd need to.

Man to man marking they are fine, but as soon as the opposition has a bit of movement, they are fooked. And still, after all this time, they still can't defend against a ball crossed into the box.

If anyone thinks we may get promoted to the prem with MM money, we better get, at least one centre half.

Louise - It'd be good if you could breakdown, goals conceded, and cleansheets, with every CB partnering.

Spot on. The fact is it was Paddys weak (possibly mask affected ) clearance that gave Stoke their goal (still puzzled how we won that one), and it was his rash challenge and poor organisation as defensive marshall that allowed 2 on the back stick to be picked up by a 5' 3" Levi? Fact is he thinks he's as powerful as Walshy but really he's best suited sweeping with his pace. Does anyone recall him hitting the halfway line with headed clearances? ln the halcyon days we hed three who could do that.

Of course word definition is important, thats how we communicate. If we all have different a understanding of what words means it would be absolute chaos.

Of course. But in this situation in which, if you're honest with yourself, you understood the point being made it's not a big deal. I was suggesting that the topic under discussion was the important issue, not someones usage of a single word. We both agree words have accepted meanings, but i'm not going to declare a national crisis if one person in one post decides to use the word 'flair' in a different manner. :P

can we talk football now please. :D:ph34r:

Of course. But in this situation in which, if you're honest with yourself, you understood the point being made it's not a big deal. I was suggesting that the topic under discussion was the important issue, not someones usage of a single word. We both agree words have accepted meanings, but i'm not going to declare a national crisis if one person in one post decides to use the word 'flair' in a different manner. :P

can we talk football now please. :D:ph34r:

I didn't understand his point hence my question, why are you making this a big issue?

To me McCarthy has no flair at all.

I didn't understand his point hence my question, why are you making this a big issue?

To me McCarthy has no flair at all.

It could be argued that you are making it a big issue. I'm having a joke, being lighthearted, not making it a big issue hence the smiles and so forth. I just saw what was being said, agreed with Mac as being the best choice captain and looked past the word selection.

Archived