Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

I can't believe

that after all the poor displays I have seen, the points thrown away that we are just

4 POINTS OFF A PLAYOFF POSITION :o

Show how appallling bad this league is and how with either a better approach to games and/or the addition of a few key players we could be up amongst the playoffs.

that after all the poor displays I have seen, the points thrown away that we are just

Show how appallling bad this league is and how with either a better approach to games and/or the addition of a few key players we could be up amongst the playoffs.

At least three, possibly four of our seven draws should have been wins but for our tactical caution and lack of application and yet, truly, we've got a very ordinary side by Leicester's best standards.

Also it's a very mediocre league, alot of sides seem to be inconsistant. I have to agree with thracian, with abit of attacking application we could easily be in the top 6. I got a feeling I will look at this season and think of 'what could have been' considering how open the league is!!!

So whilst the word that sums up the season for me so far is frustration, I guess looking on the bright side, there is at least still all to play for. If Fryatt clicks, which I think he will eventually, we'll start to look good. Thus far this season we've consistently selected two strikers, but only one has performed. It's all very well saying they haven't had much service, but that hasn't stopped Hume netting eight times

The fact that we are only 4 points off the play-off spots is an absolute joke. We haven't been amazing this season, we haven't turned any heads and made people fear the way we play football, and we have looked, at best, an ordinary side.

The Championship is a p!ss poor league with little quality in it, and we should be well cemented in the play-off spots at least. We just do not kill off games and snatch all 3 points when they are there for the taking. Draws will not win you the league and they will not earn you promotion. You have to couple them with wins otherwise being unbeaten and scoring goals means nothing

Kelly's made us difficult to beat, and all credit to him for that, because early on in the season it wasn't looking too clever.

However, he's had opportunities aplenty to work on the attacking side of things (okay, I know we've had injuries) but the link-up play between midfield and attack is STILL not happening.

This is a poor league, and on paper most teams are pretty equal, all things considered. It just makes you think, if we get some investment and invest in one or two options in these areas then the play-offs are certainly not out of the question. :scarf:

In his post match interview, Kelly said that we are aiming to get away from that midtable area and in to the play offs. I'm sure that shows his intentions and we are not happy to piss around in medicority.

With Mandaric, hopefully, in by january we can perhaps cement our position in the play offs if we maintain at least a 4 point gap from the play offs. Maybe even be in them come january.

In his post match interview, Kelly said that we are aiming to get away from that midtable area and in to the play offs. I'm sure that shows his intentions and we are not happy to piss around in medicority.

With Mandaric, hopefully, in by january we can perhaps cement our position in the play offs if we maintain at least a 4 point gap from the play offs. Maybe even be in them come january.

Agreed. If we can keep in touch with the play-offs up to January, no more than 7/8 points off 6th place, then with Mandaric's cash we could mount a serious challenge.

Agreed. If we can keep in touch with the play-offs up to January, no more than 7/8 points off 6th place, then with Mandaric's cash we could mount a serious challenge.

Yep. But we haven't had much luck and the injuries have been a factor. Take yesterday - this was hardly our best line up but what application they all showed.

We were short on quality yesterday, especially in midfield.

And lapses of concentration in defence cost us two silly goals.

The team as a whole is still a work in progress, and nowhere near yet ready for the Premiership.

We were short on quality yesterday, especially in midfield.

And lapses of concentration in defence cost us two silly goals.

The team as a whole is still a work in progress, and nowhere near yet ready for the Premiership.

For the second time in 2 weeks might I add. Frustrating.

The midfield was always going to lack creativity with Stearman and Hughes in the centre, Welsh needed to have a good game and he didn't. However Sylla gave us what we needed and had we kept our concentration and defended the two set pieces properly we would of been walking away with the three points.

Whether this current team will ever be ready for the Premier league is very debatable. We keep dropping points to teams that turn up at the Walkers and play piss poor.

Yeah but we could have been 2 points off. I'm still pissed about Saturday, what a joke. Sure you can say we punch above our weight against promotion hopefuls, but it doesn't mean much if we can win those games but don't through nothing more than tactical ineptitude.

Archived