Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

Wolves trying to hijack our takeover

Wolves offered in half-price sale

Wolves' multi-millionaire owner Sir Jack Hayward has reduced his asking price for the club from £40m to £20m.

The 83-year-old told the club's website: "I have always said that if someone comes in with some money we would be prepared to sell.

"Originally we asked for £40m but maybe now we would sell if someone came in with £20m to invest in the club.

"If they could promise that investment for team strengthening, we would be prepared to listen."

The move comes after former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric was given the green light to bid for Leicester, effectively ending any interest he had in taking over at Molineux.

But Hayward said: "If Milan Mandaric would like to talk to me I would like to talk to him."

In the meantime, Hayward, who responded to criticism that he had lost interest in the club by claiming it "is still my baby", also promised funds for manager Mick McCarthy.

"I think Mick McCarthy is doing a wonderful job and I am prepared to back him in the January transfer window," said Hayward.

Perhaps he should ask the tigers if they fancy sharing...I know they are looking lol

Hi SilverFox it's been a while since you've been around how are you?

They look pathetic and hopefully MM won't pull out on us now, won't do his reputation any good and if he wanted Wolves he'd have got them earlier...weren't there rumours that Wolves were being offered for basically free in the summer if somone guaranteed putting money into the playing squad?

Not bad Davie. Just checking out how people on this forum feel about current LCFC affairs.

Exciting times indeed! :)

I would say 2% not too keen, 10% sitting on the fence until they hear some details, 80% absolutely 100% for it from the moment they heard, 5% now have to wear incontinent underwear and 3% have fell asleep through the boredom.

They look pathetic and hopefully MM won't pull out on us now, won't do his reputation any good and if he wanted Wolves he'd have got them earlier...weren't there rumours that Wolves were being offered for basically free in the summer if somone guaranteed putting money into the playing squad?

That's why he's come to us, no guarantees to be given and no £20mill committed to putting onto the squad.

well if Mandaric decided to pull out and bid for Wolves I think we would be better off without him anyway, however i very much doubt he will

Yeah agree, if he was to pull out an pursue Wolves then i'd be very glad that he is not in any shape or form connected to our club.

He's not stupid though, he'd make out there was something wrong with the leicester takeover and make it look like he's forced to look else where. Saying that, him going after a local rival after all the "I love leicester fans" would be unforgivable, doesn't matter what he says.

Dont worry it's just posturing... if a deal was being done with Wolves it would have been done before us i can assure you... anyway with Villa, WestBrom and Brum City all competing for the same fan base (not to mention Coventry and Derby near by) what would be the potential involved with Wolves... the only real competition we have is Forrest (and their in Div 1) and perhaps Coventry... we've pretty much got the east midlands to outselves for the time being at least... if MM wanted Wolves he'd have gone after Wolves ditto Ipswitch to be honest... so i dont see anything happening, esspeically when he could only be a week or two away from getting control of City.

It strikes me as under the belt by Hayward, but I doubt this will sway Mandaric in the least.

He's not homed in on Leiceester because it's Christmas and he's feeling benevolent.

He is a hard-headed businessman and he believes Leicester City will earn him millions.

Nor do I think is the only financial "doctor" out there who believes the time is just right for a move into our club.

If Mandaric backs out it wouldn't surprise me if others emerged very quickly to take his place, assuming they don't put their fingers in the water beforehand.

There's always plenty of predators around when people with something worth having hit hard times...

The trouble is, not all of them are good for the club they latch onto.

Laughing stock.

Not if it worked :(

...but i strongly doubt it will, as i say MM is perhaps days away from owning City outright and before Christmas with the January window wide-open and time, if he wants, to and bring in new staff and personel to bolster the managment and leadership of the Club.

Archived