Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

Wolves trying to hijack our takeover

He has made his feelings clear in saying that he wants Leicester. Any backdown now would make him look like a total fool.

Wolves just look foolish and small time. Added to that who would want to by a team that plays in that colour! If vomit turns you on then Wolves is for you lol

Milan:-

"We still have a couple of hurdles to overcome," he told Sky Sports News.

"I am confident we will be there shortly and I look forward to be part of great footballing city in Leicester."

Mandaric admitted he would be looking to plough all his profits from the sale of Portsmouth into Leicester. "I am not able to take this money back to America so I may as well put it in the right place and that is nowhere better than Leicester," he added.

Sound like someone who would back down from buying Leicester? No chance, he would look so ridiculous.

7 of the last 10 years in the prem...wolves look cheap whoring themselves in such a manner.

Milan:-

"We still have a couple of hurdles to overcome," he told Sky Sports News.

"I am confident we will be there shortly and I look forward to be part of great footballing city in Leicester."

Mandaric admitted he would be looking to plough all his profits from the sale of Portsmouth into Leicester. "I am not able to take this money back to America so I may as well put it in the right place and that is nowhere better than Leicester," he added.

Sound like someone who would back down from buying Leicester? No chance, he would look so ridiculous.

7 of the last 10 years in the prem...wolves look cheap whoring themselves in such a manner.

:D:D Fantastic, the only reason he was at Pompey was clearly to make Leicester a huge club in the long run :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

He has made his feelings clear in saying that he wants Leicester. Any backdown now would make him look like a total fool.

Er, except you could look back at the past year and see what he said about Portsmouth and his commitment to them. Saying one thing and doing another seems par for the course.

It seems a last ditch attempt by Hayward to offload Wolves, which is not surprising given that he's wanted to rid himself of the club for a few years now.

If MM does somehow opt for Wolves, then that's his prerogative.

However, I'd be surprised if he changed his stance at this stage. If Wolves were a better proposition that us, then surely MM would have pursued them previous to submitting his interest in us? Whether the drop in asking price will make a difference or not remains to be seen.

I thought Milan and the Wolves chap were supposedly friendly - hence the rumours 6 months ago...

So surely Wolves would have offered Milan the chance to buy at 20m to begin with, not the 40m originally set. They had the connection, supposedly, they could have said Milan could have had the lot for 20m right then.

Highly desperate tactic, if aimed at Milan, which leads me to believe it's a call to anyone, not just Milan himself. They wouldn't have to go public about it if it was aimed at Milan, if the connection they supposedly have is real. :whistle:

Wolves offered in half-price sale

Wolves' multi-millionaire owner Sir Jack Hayward has reduced his asking price for the club from £40m to £20m.

The 83-year-old told the club's website: "I have always said that if someone comes in with some money we would be prepared to sell.

"Originally we asked for £40m but maybe now we would sell if someone came in with £20m to invest in the club.

"If they could promise that investment for team strengthening, we would be prepared to listen."

The move comes after former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric was given the green light to bid for Leicester, effectively ending any interest he had in taking over at Molineux.

But Hayward said: "If Milan Mandaric would like to talk to me I would like to talk to him."

In the meantime, Hayward, who responded to criticism that he had lost interest in the club by claiming it "is still my baby", also promised funds for manager Mick McCarthy.

"I think Mick McCarthy is doing a wonderful job and I am prepared to back him in the January transfer window," said Hayward.

Deary Me Jack, have you got no pride? And ask for not understanding Mandarics interest in Leicester, :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Maybe it has someting to do with the fact that the average IQ in Wolverhampton is around 50.

Deary Me Jack, have you got no pride? And ask for not understanding Mandarics interest in Leicester, :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Maybe it has someting to do with the fact that the average IQ in Wolverhampton is around 50.

And that Wolverhampton is even more of a shithole that Leicester. :o

And that Wolverhampton is even more of a shithole that Leicester. :o

Or perhaps that, as i keep saying... with Villa, WestBrom, Brum city and even Cov, Stoke and Derby on Wolves door step their potential fan base is tiny and they face tough and far more glamourous opposition than we do... Forrest? (and to a lesser extent Derby and Coventry, but to be honest both those cities are orientated toward Brum anyway).

I've just popped this letter in the post to Wolves, along with your CD TPH, and I'll let you know what the reply is.

Obviously, should I be sucessful with my bid then I'm going to have to reign in my posting and Moderating on FT. I'm sure y'all understand. :)

Dear Jack,

I was about to tuck into some crumpets on Sunday evening when a friend drew my attention to your bid to sell Wolves for half price.

Although your valuation of £20 is slightly in excess of what I would be prepared to part with I would like to state that I am interested in acquiring the football club in principle. I would appreciate it if you could read through my full outline plan and get back to me as soon as possible.

There are a number of benefits to selling to me:

• I live in Erdington and so I could get to the club very quickly should a big decision need to be made, (apart from Mondays as I have to take my daughter to ballet and Saturday mornings when I take the children to karate).

• I have a regular income from my family tax credit and family working credit which means that there would always be funds in excess of £200 per month available to the club.

• I am not a fan of the club, in fact I don’t really like it, which means I would be able to take big decisions on a purely pragmatic basis and not swayed by emotions.

So, you must be asking yourself in what other ways am I qualified to run a perpetually failing Championship club and how I could build revenue streams. The fact that I use terms like revenue streams should indicate that I know an awful lot about business.

They say that failing in business is the best form of education a businessman can get; well, I have been sacked from no less than fourteen jobs for being very crap. As a result, I think I have received the best education business can offer. It would probably be worth two PhD’s and an MBA if I applied to a University and used it all as accreditation for prior learning/experience.

Merchandising: When one has spent as much time in shops with their wife, as I have with mine, you get to know a lot about merchandising…and develop a good eye for a bargain. Did you know that I managed to find her a full designer label-based outfit for less than £150 last Christmas? Now, just imagine how many player bargains I could sniff out for the club!

Youth Policy: I believe in young people becoming older, wiser and more confident people. This is something that should be encouraged in football clubs and then we should sell them. Where I believe Wolves are losing out is that you are currently focussing on developing young football players whereas it is demonstrable that the profit potential from the illegal smuggling of children is huge. This would definitely raise enough finance to fund the purchase of three brand new Derek Dougans.

Premiership: I have many friends within the game that can help to locate some suitable purchases. One of my mates actually works at the canteen of a certain London club and could probably swing it to get us free tickets. The best thing about not being in the Premiership is that you can get to some of the games, right? I’m not wrong. By auctioning off these tickets to Wolves fans we would raise more money and keep the idiots happy.

No doubt by now you will have drawn up a list of questions for me, probably including “How come someone of your talent hasn’t come to the fore before?†If you want to give me a ring then you’d better make it soonish as I am seriously thinking about getting involved in a takeover bid for Newcastle – now there’s a sleeping giant with some great fans.

Cheers,

Or perhaps that, as i keep saying... with Villa, WestBrom, Brum city and even Cov, Stoke and Derby on Wolves door step their potential fan base is tiny and they face tough and far more glamourous opposition than we do... Forrest? (and to a lesser extent Derby and Coventry, but to be honest both those cities are orientated toward Brum anyway).

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it a good point, nor does it change the fact that your geographically impaired. We have plenty of competition for fans from Cov Derby and Forest which are all within 25 miles of us, the West Midlands is also more densely populated than the East. Their are plenty of people who live in Leicestershire who support Aston Villa.

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it a good point...

...oh i think it does :rolleyes:

And while the West Midlands are more densly populated than the East it still a valid piont that the potential fan base for Leicester is far broader than that for Wolves who have some big clubs right on their doorsteps... in contrast we really dont, Derby and Cov are close but look toward the Brum conerbation, while Forrest are still out of the Championship, even if only till next season... so my piont stands.

the West Midlands is also more densely populated than the East.

:angry:

I do not care for your inference my good man.

*glove slap*

How dare you accuse us in the West Midlands of being dense.

*glove slap*

I challenge you to a...oh piss! :pinch:

:angry:

I do not care for your inference my good man.

*glove slap*

How dare you accuse us in the West Midlands of being dense.

*glove slap*

I challenge you to a...oh piss! :pinch:

I laugh and enjoy your wit and repartie DB. But you will up and move to these far flung places of dubious accents .

Wolves have had their turn with a 'sugar daddy' let's have our go and make it work!

All dense people have a real in depth opinion about anyone and anything. (it might get the odd slap now and then , but , oh balls , PINCH ! )

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it a good point, nor does it change the fact that your geographically impaired. We have plenty of competition for fans from Cov Derby and Forest which are all within 25 miles of us, the West Midlands is also more densely populated than the East. Their are plenty of people who live in Leicestershire who support Aston Villa.

Northants is our best catchment area, i have been to Kettering and Corby often recently, and i have seem many people in City shirts there, some shops in Kettering also sell the Merc! there is massive regeneration going on and in Corby alone there are an additional 28,000 new homes to be built.

Northants is our best catchment area, i have been to Kettering and Corby often recently, and i have seem many people in City shirts there, some shops in Kettering also sell the Merc! there is massive regeneration going on and in Corby alone there are an additional 28,000 new homes to be built.

If anyone would like further information about these or any other business development opportunities within Northamptonshire, please dial 01604-sackmycook.

Calls will be charged at local rate. All advise is provided on the backs of small mice and written in Hebrew. Northampton County Council refuse to acknowledge the existence of Corby.

Archived