Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brummie-FOX

Would you welcome Akinbiyi back?

I personally wouldn't mind. I read a topic about him on General Chat and someone made a good point saying the Price Tag made him worse than he was.

How can a price tag make him worse, he was just not up to Premiership football and still isn't.

How can a price tag make him worse, he was just not up to Premiership football and still isn't.

But he is a quality striker at this level though :thumbupp: And something we are definitely lacking, even at the shitty depths of the Championship, is goals. Akinbiyi may not be the best striker on the planet - far from it even. But he is a proven goalscorer at this level, and without Hume, we do not have a striker capable of scoring enough goals to propel us up the league.

Considering we'll be in this division another 2 or 3 seasons after this one, I think it'd be a gamble, but a decent acquisition nonetheless :thumbup:

But he is a quality striker at this level though :thumbupp: And something we are definitely lacking, even at the shitty depths of the Championship, is goals. Akinbiyi may not be the best striker on the planet - far from it even. But he is a proven goalscorer at this level, and without Hume, we do not have a striker capable of scoring enough goals to propel us up the league.

Considering we'll be in this division another 2 or 3 seasons after this one, I think it'd be a gamble, but a decent acquisition nonetheless :thumbup:

Well I doubt for one second this is in the mind of MM.

Well I doubt for one second this is in the mind of MM.

I don't think that Mandaric believes this either, but being realistic (yes I can do that as well sometimes!) I'd have to say we can't just expect promotion next season because we have got Milan in. Sure we'll fare better in the league next term, and we'll probably be one of the better teams, but in terms of being ready to push for promotion and a return to the Prem, I'd have to say that was a bit further away than Milan thinks.

I don't think that Mandaric believes this either, but being realistic (yes I can do that as well sometimes!) I'd have to say we can't just expect promotion next season because we have got Milan in. Sure we'll fare better in the league next term, and we'll probably be one of the better teams, but in terms of being ready to push for promotion and a return to the Prem, I'd have to say that was a bit further away than Milan thinks.

I guess the thing is you don't have to be ready for the Premiership to get promoted, of course it helps, but someone like MM could sign a completely new team if we got promoted. As for the capability of the current team I reckon with 3/4 additions and the right attitude/belief we could be in the playoff mix at least.

As for MM he wont settle for anything less than promotion later than next season, look out for a lot of heads rolling if your scenario is anywhere near the truth.

I'm not saying we will but bent and hell comes to mind in terms of getting there.

I guess the thing is you don't have to be ready for the Premiership to get promoted, of course it helps, but someone like MM could sign a completely new team if we got promoted. As for the capability of the current team I reckon with 3/4 additions and the right attitude/belief we could be in the playoff mix at least.

As for MM he wont settle for anything less than promotion later than next season, look out for a lot of heads rolling if your scenario is anywhere near the truth.

I'm not saying we will but bent and hell comes to mind in terms of getting there.

Yeah we wouldn't have to be ready for the Premiership, infact we could have a team full of Championship quality players and get promoted. But the bit in bold is the important factor: we do not have the right attitude/belief. We're not a team capable of scoring enough goals. We're too defense-minded and we're scared to take risks. 3 or 4 additions would be great, but without the right management, tactics and approach, they'd just add to the let-downs we have atm. :(

If my scenario is correct (and indeed I think it is lol 'cos I'm trying to be "realistic"), then I'd love to see heads roll so we can bring in people with the desire, passion and tactical know-how to get us back into the Premiership.

Yeah we wouldn't have to be ready for the Premiership, infact we could have a team full of Championship quality players and get promoted. But the bit in bold is the important factor: we do not have the right attitude/belief. We're not a team capable of scoring enough goals. We're too defense-minded and we're scared to take risks. 3 or 4 additions would be great, but without the right management, tactics and approach, they'd just add to the let-downs we have atm. :(

If my scenario is correct (and indeed I think it is lol 'cos I'm trying to be "realistic"), then I'd love to see heads roll so we can bring in people with the desire, passion and tactical know-how to get us back into the Premiership.

Yes, and that's what just worries me a bit in relation to team spirit. The team will know that and there's a good few will guess they've got little future here.

I can't imagine that will help in the dressing room during this period of limbo. There's six or seven going to be out for sure, maybe more, and that's a lot of disgruntled people to have around for any length of time.

Yes, and that's what just worries me a bit in relation to team spirit. The team will know that and there's a good few will guess they've got little future here.

I can't imagine that will help in the dressing room during this period of limbo. There's six or seven going to be out for sure, maybe more, and that's a lot of disgruntled people to have around for any length of time.

I appreciate what you're saying Thrac, but if those players actually pulled their weight, got the training done and performed properly/well on the pitch, they wouldn't be facing the axe. Atm, the players' futures are in their own hands, and if they want to keep their jobs here, then they need to pull their fingers out and start performing.

Usually good players go back to clubs and end up playing shit, well maybe a shit player could go back to a club for a change and actually be good? Maybe he would feel some kind of personal relief if he could come back and prove to us that he is actually ok and not as shit as we all think?

Agree with every word :thumbup:

But the whole point is to get players missing in the team. Get in strikers and you won't get anything out of the current bunch of players and the young ones wanting to replace them. I think we need one right midfielder. No need to be a quick winger just good at getting the ball passing and crossing properly.

So get Akinbiyi, in the end there won't be anyone to correct other deficiencies in the field.

Short term yeah, He's a decent first division player who'd get you goals in this season, So yeah on a short term/couple of years contract yeah i'd have him to get us out this division, when you get promoted is where the problem lies thought because Akinbiyi's good enough to get you out the division after that he's shite in the prem so he would need replacing.

Archived