Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Championship on now

Glaring penalty. The gpoalkeeper cleaned Stearman up. It wasn't clear whether he handled but the goalkeeper's action would have taken his hand into the ball anyway and the sodding linesman couldn't have seen precisely what happened from the angle it all occured and with the speed the goalkeeper hammered into Stearman. Linesman are supposed to give what they see. Not what they think might have happened.

Glaring penalty. The gpoalkeeper cleaned Stearman up. It wasn't clear whether he handled but the goalkeeper's action would have taken his hand into the ball anyway and the sodding linesman couldn't have seen precisely what happened that from the angle it all occured and with the speed the goalkeeper hammered into Stearman.

Couldn't have put it any better, I am really cheesed off now :mad:

Couldn't see a handball but the chamionship is so shit they didnt even show a replay or a close up.

Still dont see how the ref who was closer couldnt see handball but the linesman on the other side of the pitch can. :mad:

Couldn't see a handball but the chamionship is so shit they didnt even show a replay or a close up.

Still dont see how the ref who was closer couldnt see handball but the linesman on the other side of the pitch can. :mad:

It was'nt so much a hand, it was his arm, and i agree and although i do think it was a handball god knows how the ref or lineman spotted it at pitch level as atleast we saw it from a higher level.

From that angle the linesman couldn't see whether he handled it or not but he would've seen Stearman's arm raised as if to handle the ball and made the assumption, rightly or wrongly that he did handle it. At the time I must admit I thought it hit him across the edge of his chest and his arm, so somewhat subjective even with a clear view, which the linesman just didn't have as Stearman's back was all he could see.

Having given the handball, that being the case everything afterwards is of little relevance. Of course the referee could still report the goalie, but couldn't, I would have thought within the laws of the game punish him there and then, although I wouldn't bet on it. :P

imo impossible to tell, probably hit his shoulder/chest if you ask me and should therefore be play on. if it wasnt a foul and a penalty its a goal, if it wasnt a goal its a foul and a penalty, but knowing our luck yesterday the keeper would have saved it in the top right corner with his nose.

They could have shown a replay to be honest but ITV coverage is sh!te as usual. It bemuses me how the linesman thinks he had a better view than the referee. :unsure:

what incencsed me was that the ref waved play on!! he saw nothing!!! it should be his decision not the linos.

what incencsed me was that the ref waved play on!! he saw nothing!!! it should be his decision not the linos.

The linesman is their to assist the referee, however the ref had the opportunity to over rule it but he obviously thought the linesman had a better view...which is utter crap.

but if the ref saw nothing wrong, he should tell the lino he thought it hit him elsewhere and have gave a goal. but d'urso is a willy puller and there should have been atleast 8 mins at the end of the 1st half and 12 at the end of 90. maybe then we'd have scored!!!

imo impossible to tell, probably hit his shoulder/chest if you ask me and should therefore be play on. if it wasnt a foul and a penalty its a goal, if it wasnt a goal its a foul and a penalty, but knowing our luck yesterday the keeper would have saved it in the top right corner with his nose.

He would've been sent off, and they didn't even have a sub-keeper :rolleyes::cry:

Archived