Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Who Should Be Captain?

100 members have voted

1. 1. Captain...

• Paddy Mac
    • Alan Maybury
    • Patrick Kisnorbo
    • Darren Kenton
    • Stephen Hughes
    • Iain Hume
    • Gareth Williams
    • Danny Tiatto
    • Matt Fryatt
    • Gareth McAuley
    • Nils-Eric Johansson
    • Joshua Low
    • Richard Stearman
    • Elvis Hammond
    • James Wesolowski
    • Momo Sylla
    • Conrad Logan
    • Levi Porter
    • Birds Eye
    • Hook

Paddy K for me, McCarthy is just too hot headed. He needs to learn to control his temper and set an example to the rest of the team. Paddy K is controlled (most of the time) and is easily our best centre back, so he gets the nod for me.

A load of you say Paddy Mac should not be skipper...ok then - who else, seriously...

Fact is we haven't had anyone worthy of the armband since Elliott. Let them take it in turns till Milan finds a few players. What's the big deal anyway? It only pays better for the player, it doesn't do anything for the cringing faithful that has had to put up with 6 years of decline to THIS.

You missed off Andy Johnson :whistle:

Long term injury obviously prohibits him taking the role...

I'll tell you why I posted this thread though, it's because aside from Danny Tiatto, there isn't one man on the pitch with the cojones to be captain...and he was stripped of it because it effected his game.

Like it or lump it people. I reckon Paddy M is the only choice.

Long term injury obviously prohibits him taking the role...

I'll tell you why I posted this thread though, it's because aside from Danny Tiatto, there isn't one man on the pitch with the cojones to be captain...and he was stripped of it because it effected his game.

Like it or lump it people. I reckon Paddy M is the only choice.

couldnt of summed it up better

if i had to give to someone other than tiatto and paddy mc it would be logan then kisnorbo

logan

hes always vocal on the pitch and you can hear him encourging the players (today you could)

also he can see the whole pitch (if you get what i meen)

I thought about Logan, as an option. But I generaly I don't think goalkeeper is the best position for a captain, probably best for a vice-captain. I reckon the best position would be CM, but we don't have a CM who could do it. I'd choose CM because they can marshal the midfield and attackers, while the keeper organises the defence. But ultimately you have to go with the best man for the job over the position play and for me thats got to be Kisnorbo.

Thing is its not easy to tell how good a player will be as captain until they are picked. Some who are normaly quiter are likely to make the role their own when they know that as captain they can be vocal and say what they think.

Hume should not be a captain.

Hume could not be captain. He's too busy running to be commanding, he's too busy looking for space to be telling other people where to go.

A captain has to be in midfield...but we don't have a candidate - it has to be Mac or Norbo...and Kisnorbo really doesn't cut the mustard.

We need to buy a captain. We need someone with stature in the centre of the park to call the shots.

Hume could not be captain. He's too busy running to be commanding, he's too busy looking for space to be telling other people where to go.

A captain has to be in midfield...but we don't have a candidate - it has to be Mac or Norbo...and Kisnorbo really doesn't cut the mustard.

We need to buy a captain. We need someone with stature in the centre of the park to call the shots.

That's true, Hume is far too busy to be shouting at everyone.

We need a commanding midfielder, a couple of creative midfielders and a striker.

I do like McCarthy to be honest but he's got a very short fuse indeed, though I'm not sure he should have been sent off today... but if not McCarthy (and he wouldnt have been my first choice) then probably Hume, at least he'd lead from the front, failing that Kisnorbo (he's been a good skipper in the past).

I think different teams need different types of captain depending on what type of characters that team has in it. I think if a team is mostly made up of quite introverted, quieter player they need a captain who will gee them up, which is the type of captaincy Paddy Mac provides.

Whereas a team that is mostly made up of more outgoing, expressive players probably needs someone who is slightly quieter and hands-off and who lets them get on with their job while also setting them an example on the pitch. I think the guy in our team who most fits this description is probably Paddy Kisnorbo.

It all depends on whether the players are the type who need a kick up the arse when they do wrong, or to have someone who will stand back and let them learn from their own mistakes.

I think that we should stick with Paddy Mac. He may be hot headed but at least hes dedicated to the cause. He was a fool today but he should learn from that. And to be honest I really don't see Kelly having the balls to drop Paddy from having the armband.

Archived