Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

To Rob Kelly - Play our best team!

Every week like any City fan, I am bemused by the team Kelly picks. Why does he keep the same 11 that capitualted against Norwich? Why did he play most of the players that were so rubbish against Derby? The only way Fryatt, Williams and Weso are going to get match fit is if they play a full 90 mins at Championship level. I am fed up of blaming the referee for every defeat - let's face facts - our performances simply have not been up to standard. When we needed to have a defensive midfielder who can close down Sheff Wed'smidfielders who are well known to strike the ball well from long range (Whelan, Brunt), he takes Tiatto off. We should be putting some of the youngsters on the bench - they can't be any worse than the likes of Low and Welsh. He should experiment with the formation as Leicester are too rigid. He needs the team to pass the ball instead of knocking aimless long balls to Hume and Fryatt who like the ball to feet. Just really fed up of the inept displays of late - we're better than this as October showed.

My team would be:

Logan

Stearman

McCarthy (McAuley for the Wolves match)

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Hughes

Williams

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Subs:

McAuley

Henderson

Tiatto

Gradel/King

Dodds

Every week like any City fan, I am bemused by the team Kelly picks. Why does he keep the same 11 that capitualted against Norwich? Why did he play most of the players that were so rubbish against Derby? The only way Fryatt, Williams and Weso are going to get match fit is if they play a full 90 mins at Championship level. I am fed up of blaming the referee for every defeat - let's face facts - our performances simply have not been up to standard. When we needed to have a defensive midfielder who can close down Sheff Wed'smidfielders who are well known to strike the ball well from long range (Whelan, Brunt), he takes Tiatto off. We should be putting some of the youngsters on the bench - they can't be any worse than the likes of Low and Welsh. He should experiment with the formation as Leicester are too rigid. He needs the team to pass the ball instead of knocking aimless long balls to Hume and Fryatt who like the ball to feet. Just really fed up of the inept displays of late - we're better than this as October showed.

My team would be:

Logan

Stearman

McCarthy (McAuley for the Wolves match)

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Hughes

Williams

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Subs:

McAuley

Henderson

Tiatto

Gradel/King

Dodds

hehe sorry couldnt help but laugh!!!

if ur that unhappy with what he picks why u pcikin the same???

So essentially, you'd play pretty much the team he's been picking, except you'd have been playing two injured players in central midfield?

Not much different to the present situation then of picking a half-fit Williams and he replacing a forever injured Tiatto. :whistle:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....Changing the players is no different to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. A new manager might knock some sense into them but in a perfect world they virtually all need shipping out.

Henderson

kenton kisnorbo mcauley tiatto

weslowski

williams hume porter

hammond fryatt

if all players are fit, id like to see city play those players in that formation, it will stop us from playing long ball, because players will be able to come short to collect ball of defenders, porter and hume can then run at players. Williams in ideal position to play the ideal pass! weloswski can be our ball winner!

also because all our wingers are shite, its best if we dont play any of them (welsh, sylla and lowe)

Discuss

Henderson

kenton kisnorbo mcauley tiatto

weslowski

williams hume porter

hammond fryatt

if all players are fit, id like to see city play those players in that formation, it will stop us from playing long ball, because players will be able to come short to collect ball of defenders, porter and hume can then run at players. Williams in ideal position to play the ideal pass! weloswski can be our ball winner!

also because all our wingers are shite, its best if we dont play any of them (welsh, sylla and lowe)

Discuss

Well it might work but you'd have to persuade Henderson to throw the ball out more than just once in a game.

There are a few changes in the squad I chose - no Low, Welsh, Maybury or Hammond who have figured in the last three matches. Williams and Weso need Championship matches - training's not enough for match fitness, especially since there's no reserve side. And there should be youngsters on the bench - all we see are the same old tired, useless faces who won't change the match. Agreed it's similar to one team - the one that saved us last season with the exception of Joey Gudjonnson and Maybury. He has not played the side I chose all season so there are differences and I don't think he would have if all those players had been available - he would have packed the midfielders with defenders instead of three attacking players.

Archived