Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Paddy Mac went psycho!

God your annoying today.

Quick question, do you think (hypothetically), if Sylla or Low were to play against 17 year old kids every week, in a team that is clearly one of the best in it's division and scores alot of goals, they wouldn't get themselves on the score sheet a few times a season. Thank you in advance.

When Sylla played in the reserves last season he looked naff and even against Hinckley this year he played okay but nothing special. He certainly didn't stand out.

But it is a hypothetical question. I cannot imagine, given free choice, that Beaglehole would ever select either instead of Gradel.

Low did have some goalscoring pedigree at Northampton. Nothing special but some.

But he just doesn't get in the box enough to score as often as Gradel and Sylla simply doesn't have the shooting technique from anything I've seen.

I honestly doubt he's had five decent shots since he's been here and on the only two occasions I felt he had a good chance to score he looked like a fish on dry land, completely uncomfortable and unconvincing.

If anything it shows he cares for the shirt.

As fans we may be prone to smashing glass when our team loses so why not the players? :thumbup:

Does it? Perhaps the thought of another fine upset him? The feeling of being hard done by? Perhaps the prospect of losing the captaincy? Not being good enough to play for a decent team?

I can think of many reasons why a professional footballer might cry after a sh*t performance, a sending off, and an overall poor team showing, but with our current crop love of the club doesn't automatically spring to mind.

When Sylla played in the reserves last season he looked naff and even against Hinckley this year he played okay but nothing special. He certainly didn't stand out.

But it is a hypothetical question. I cannot imagine, given free choice, that Beaglehole would ever select either instead of Gradel.

Low did have some goalscoring pedigree at Northampton. Nothing special but some.

But he just doesn't get in the box enough to score as often as Gradel and Sylla simply doesn't have the shooting technique from anything I've seen.

I honestly doubt he's had five decent shots since he's been here and on the only two occasions I felt he had a good chance to score he looked like a fish on dry land, completely uncomfortable and unconvincing.

You're missing Manwell's point.

His question worked on the supposition that Low/Sylla were playing in a good team against 17 year olds week in week out. You accuse them of not getting in the box based on what you've seen for LCFC 1st XI, but that's not one of the best teams in the league.

It becomes pointless arguing with you when you endlessly dodge the point and the thrust of the questions in order to further promote crap like Elvis Hammond etc.

Wow...I'm amazed at the level of criticism being levelled at Paddy Mac. The guy is fairly young, still learning his trade and been made a captain of a struggling team. Looking around the team I really can't see many other choices for captain. Not keen on a stiker and there is enough pressure on Hume as it is (other striker get's rotated too much). Across the midfield there aren't really any options except going back to Tiatto who has all the same problems as Paddy Mac but not guaranteed his place in the side really. That leaves us with the defence and Stearman is too young, Nissa isn't really a shining example to the side. Logan isn't experienced enough and doesn't need extra help. The options are basically Tiatto, Paddy Mac or Kisnorbo...? So who is to be then?

Wow...I'm amazed at the level of criticism being levelled at Paddy Mac. The guy is fairly young, still learning his trade and been made a captain of a struggling team. Looking around the team I really can't see many other choices for captain. Not keen on a stiker and there is enough pressure on Hume as it is (other striker get's rotated too much). Across the midfield there aren't really any options except going back to Tiatto who has all the same problems as Paddy Mac but not guaranteed his place in the side really. That leaves us with the defence and Stearman is too young, Nissa isn't really a shining example to the side. Logan isn't experienced enough and doesn't need extra help. The options are basically Tiatto, Paddy Mac or Kisnorbo...? So who is to be then?

Hume.

My uncle works as security at LCFC in the club and players lounge.

McCarthy smashed the dressing room door off when he went down the tunnel. Then while the other players were warming down post match, he was strolling up and down the pitch with Rob Kelly and RK had his arm around him whilst PM was crying his eyes out?!?! :cry:

Then in the players lounge, McCarthy was not talking to no one. :whistle:

This is not cr ap by the way.

And?

That is what he is like :whistle::P

Kisnorbo did alright yesterday, and the other times he's had to fill in this season. I would personally prefer him to be captain, he's more level-headed and organised.

I also wouldn't complain if Maybury was captain. Controversial, yes, but I don't think he's the donkey most people make him out to be. I thought he had a great game yesterday, all things considered, and that challenge he put in which so easily could have lead to a penalty was top drawer. It was not the challenge of a sh*t player despite what many on here think....

Kisnorbo did alright yesterday, and the other times he's had to fill in this season. I would personally prefer him to be captain, he's more level-headed and organised.

I also wouldn't complain if Maybury was captain. Controversial, yes, but I don't think he's the donkey most people make him out to be. I thought he had a great game yesterday, all things considered, and that challenge he put in which so easily could have lead to a penalty was top drawer. It was not the challenge of a sh*t player despite what many on here think....

Agreed. :thumbup: Without that challenge, certain goal.

I concede Maybury did seem to have a good game of it, from what I could tell from Barber's ravings. :thumbup:

I don't see him as one of those people whose name should be on the teamsheet first - after all, he's not our first choice right-back and that's his position.

As for him being captain, he seemed to be picking up a lot of cards lately, collecting them just as quickly as our other hot-head players - Tiatto and McCarthy. He has been captain before, though, so I wouldn't object to him being captain in the absence of Kisnorbo. ;)

I don't see him as one of those people whose name should be on the teamsheet first
Why not? He's the best we have in that position, despite what a large number think. The fact that often he's had to cover up someone else's mistakes, and has made mistakes in doing so does not mean that he should be in line for half the abuse he's been getting. On top of that, the bloke's been told one minute he's no longer part of the plans and the next he's told 'whoops sorry we've cocked it up'. And yet some fans think that this kind of situation doesn't mess with your head?

I'm sticking up for him here. He is not the villain of the season, not by a long way.

Why not? He's the best we have in that position, despite what a large number think. The fact that often he's had to cover up someone else's mistakes, and has made mistakes in doing so does not mean that he should be in line for half the abuse he's been getting. On top of that, the bloke's been told one minute he's no longer part of the plans and the next he's told 'whoops sorry we've cocked it up'. And yet some fans think that this kind of situation doesn't mess with your head?

I'm sticking up for him here. He is not the villain of the season, not by a long way.

Which position? LB? or RB?

I'm not particularly bothered who plays, so long as they're not useless. I mean, Maybury's first months with us were strong - he seemed to be a quality player in that position. I'd have no problem with him playing at RB. I'd rather play him at RB as I'm no fan of players out of position, but if he can do a job at LB then so be it. :thumbup:

After all, Nissa has done alright at LB despite being out of position. Can't begrudge him that after his displays in October. :thumbup:

You're definitely right, he is by no means the villain of the season. There's much bigger fish in that particular pond.

My heart bleeds. :cry:

:P

I wouldn't complain about that back four, though. It could do a job for sure. :)

At the moment, I'd say it would. Knowing my luck, Kelly will play it and we'll get mullered.

I wouldn't hold you responsible. :santa:

It's McAuley :blush:

He looked quite accomplished on the ball at times yesterday, didn't panic or anything. I was quite impressed, to be fair. A highlight from the game. :thumbup:

I don't think he's a bad player either. He's a good right back. Whether he can be a good left-back I don't know but he's played there in the past if memory serves.

Depends what you accept as being "good" I suppose. I fully accept that he played well yesterday and if he can do as well as he did at right back when at his best then there won't be a problem. I have some doubts, especially going forward, but will be happy to be convinced otherwise.

Maybury played in most of our best attacking successes last season and I am a big believer in fast or fastish full-backs. He manages to stay on the field and avoid unnecessary bookings which is another plus.

What he's not is a midfield player, anymore than Stearman.

Archived