Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Paddy Mac went psycho!

Bingo.

When will people learn?

Being passionate does not necessarily equate to needlessly fouling and constantly screaming and shouting whilst being in a blind panic.

When we need shape, organisation and hard graft, do we really need a captain who panics, fouls, is always likely to get sent off and is clearly losing his marbles?

I don't think so. For £100,000 he's done alright. But I don't think he's got what it takes to be a quality defender and his discipline let's him down big time. I want to rate Paddy McCarthy, but I can't. I personally think he's our worst centre half, i'd rather even see Nisse or Stearman played there. He does now and again have an absolute blinder and you hope it's the turning point but just like Hughes, Williams, etc it's never on a regular basis.

I don't think so. For £100,000 he's done alright. But I don't think he's got what it takes to be a quality defender and his discipline let's him down big time. I want to rate Paddy McCarthy, but I can't. I personally think he's our worst centre half, i'd rather even see Nisse or Stearman played there.

Me too.

'But he's the club captain' I hear 1,000 13 year olds cry.

'But I saw him kiss the badge, he's our hero' they continue.

Bingo.

When will people learn?

Being passionate does not necessarily equate to needlessly fouling and constantly screaming and shouting whilst being in a blind panic.

When we need shape, organisation and hard graft, do we really need a captain who panics, fouls, is always likely to get sent off and is clearly losing his marbles?

It's not just the fouls, it's also the fact that after all this time, he still cannot keep his mouth shut. It's got him in serious trouble at least three times.

I don't think so. For £100,000 he's done alright. But I don't think he's got what it takes to be a quality defender and his discipline let's him down big time. I want to rate Paddy McCarthy, but I can't. I personally think he's our worst centre half, i'd rather even see Nisse or Stearman played there. He does now and again have an absolute blinder and you hope it's the turning point but just like Hughes, Williams, etc it's never on a regular basis.

Agreed, what's the use of having a defender and club captain that keeps on getting sent off, spending more time in the stands then on the pitch.

His temperament is his vunarability, opposition players will continually pick up on it and use it against him!!! And he will continually fall for it and end up being sent off!!!

McCarthy smashed the dressing room door off when he went down the tunnel. Then while the other players were warming down post match, he was strolling up and down the pitch with Rob Kelly and RK had his arm around him whilst PM was crying his eyes out?!?! :cry:

He cried like a little girl. :o

I know Paddy M gets a little slagged off, but I like him as a player. He's only 23 and really needs to be playing alongside an experiened centre half to help learn his trade, just in the same way Walshy learnt his trade and other similar players did theirs.

He is a good defender. Just needs to learn a little maturity and be a little smarter, which comes with age and experience. Maybe he shouldn't be captain yet, but that is more to do with the situation our club finds itself in than an inditement of him personally.

I am fairly confident that in a few years time we will be joking how Paddy sh*gged the chairman's daughter and saying how great he is.

It's not a game of morals, of intentions and of values Thracian. If you foul, intentionally or not, it's a foul. This is why we have rules.

I would say there has to be a degree of common sense and interpretation involved in refereeing the game in accordance with the rules but still, if you consistently foul, show dissent and throw yourself in to stupid tackles like McCarthy does, you're going to get punished, no matter how 'genuine' you might seem about it.

And for that matter, Thracian, how many genuine mistakes will he make or can he be allowed to make before it becomes evident to you that either:

1) They're not mistakes, that is how he plays (which renders your point in bold worthless)

2) A centre back making this many mistakes and captaining the club should have learnt by now. Overrated.

I am not defending McCarthy as a centre-back. Nor am I saying he shouldn't have been penalised for a foul. I am saying that to send a bloke off for an unintentional foul, and one which his opponent might just have contrived, was inappropriate and affected the balance of the game far more than was ever necessary.

I wasn't commenting on Mccarthy's general play or suggesting the referee shouldn't abide by the rules.

McCarthy didn't throw himself into that tackle. He clearly tried to avoid any contact at all from the angle I watched.

The referee's effect on that game through one decision or another was far more influencial than it should ever be. Footballers should contest football matches, not referees and his interception - because he obviously took his eye off the ball was unforgivable. He was the one who should have gone off, not McCarthy.

Which angle did you watch from?

He cried like a little girl. :o

I know Paddy M gets a little slagged off, but I like him as a player. He's only 23 and really needs to be playing alongside an experiened centre half to help learn his trade, just in the same way Walshy learnt his trade and other similar players did theirs.

He is a good defender. Just needs to learn a little maturity and be a little smarter, which comes with age and experience. Maybe he shouldn't be captain yet, but that is more to do with the situation our club finds itself in than an inditement of him personally.

I am fairly confident that in a few years time we will be joking how Paddy sh*gged the chairman's daughter and saying how great he is.

Agree this is why one shouldn't, indeed must not compare him to Walsh, putting aside actually footballing ability, which is subjective, he is not ready to be Captain, was Walshy Captain at that age? Indeed would you have seen him crying for being sent off, if that was the reason? No.

It's an unfair burden on the guy as much as he might want it, indeed who would turn down such an honour. The logic in moving it from Tiatto was flawed in anycase as they are two peas in a pod with respect to the way they play.

I am not defending McCarthy as a centre-back. Nor am I saying he shouldn't have been penalised for a foul. I am saying that to send a bloke off for an unintentional foul, and one which his opponent might just have contrived, was inappropriate and affected the balance of the game far more than was ever necessary.

I wasn't commenting on Mccarthy's general play or suggesting the referee shouldn't abide by the rules.

McCarthy didn't throw himself into that tackle. He clearly tried to avoid any contact at all from the angle I watched.

The referee's effect on that game through one decision or another was far more influencial than it should ever be. Footballers should contest football matches, not referees and his interception - because he obviously took his eye off the ball was unforgivable. He was the one who should have gone off, not McCarthy.

I watched it from the corner of the kop and the east stand and the tackle looked very late.

Agree this is why one shouldn't, indeed must not compare him to Walsh, putting aside actually footballing ability, which is subjective, he is not ready to be Captain, was Walshy Captain at that age? Indeed would you have seen him crying for being sent off, if that was the reason? No.

It's an unfair burden on the guy as much as he might want it, indeed who would turn down such an honour. The logic in moving it from Tiatto was flawed in anycase as they are two peas in a pod with respect to the way they play.

Tiattos disciplinary record is glowing with pixi dust compared to Paddys.

I didn't.

Having said that, believe it or not, I've seen Styles ref before and I've seen McCarthy play before.

That's not to say that Styles had a good game but he is generally sound and we all know what McCarthy's temperament is like. He probably had a go at the ref before the incident or something and was on his last chance.

It's just like the boy who cried wolf. If you want a reputation as a dissenting nutter, you'll get one and be treated as one. If in this case he was hard done by, it was only as a result of his actions in the past.

He should learn from it. Evidently though, he cannot control his mouth.

haha another day at the office then

I remember when Barry Ferguson kicked down one of our doors when he played for blackburn. Also Dion Dublin called Rufus brevett a F****** C*** when brevett got Dublin sent off against West Ham first game of the season. He later then shouted ''have some of that you f****** c***'' when brevett got sent off himself haha!!!

How do i know this? I was there :D but then i dont believe in posting crap...

Want to know more drop us a line :P

Another thing, the anti-Kelly brigade can keep stuff like this in the back of their heads as it shows how much commitment the players and manager have off the field, a side which many people forget about.

It can't help when you're pushing for a good run of results, and you hop on a forum to find your so called fans bagging the crap out of you.

Constructive criticism is one thing but some of the crap I've been reading lately has been ruthless.

To be fair, as soon as McCarthy ran his mouth at Styles, and got booked, the next time Paddy made a foul, he was always going to get sent off. Rob Styles thinks he's a prima donna ref.

Another thing, the anti-Kelly brigade can keep stuff like this in the back of their heads as it shows how much commitment the players and manager have off the field, a side which many people forget about.

It can't help when you're pushing for a good run of results, and you hop on a forum to find your so called fans bagging the crap out of you.

Constructive criticism is one thing but some of the crap I've been reading lately has been ruthless.

No it doesn't it just shows Paddy McCarthy is a unstable basket case.

EDIT: It is true of course. Even if it's not he needs to learn to control himself

i like paddy and there is a quality defender in there , he shouldnt be captain because he is not mature enough yet but its not his fault he is the captain.

as for his displays , stearman and other players are not showing their best either , makes me wonder why?

is there a problem on the training pitches?

If anything it shows he cares for the shirt.

As fans we may be prone to smashing glass when our team loses so why not the players? :thumbup:

No it doesn't.

Roy has two legs, kangaroos have two legs - therefore Roy is a kangaroo!

It shows that he is unable to control his emotions both on and off the pitch. As captain and one of the three centre backs his place is on the pitch, leading by example and motivating the rest of the team.

I don't give a stuff about what he smashes up to be honest, but I do care for his lack of leadership qualities and your flawed logic.

My uncle works as security at LCFC in the club and players lounge.

McCarthy smashed the dressing room door off when he went down the tunnel. Then while the other players were warming down post match, he was strolling up and down the pitch with Rob Kelly and RK had his arm around him whilst PM was crying his eyes out?!?! :cry:

Then in the players lounge, McCarthy was not talking to no one. :whistle:

This is not cr ap by the way.

So he's undisciplined off the pitch as well as on it :P

I admire your passion Paddy but unfortunately we need you on the pitch not off it.

haha another day at the office then

I remember when Barry Ferguson kicked down one of our doors when he played for blackburn. Also Dion Dublin called Rufus brevett a F****** C*** when brevett got Dublin sent off against West Ham first game of the season. He later then shouted ''have some of that you f****** c***'' when brevett got sent off himself haha!!!

How do i know this? I was there :D but then i dont believe in posting crap...

Want to know more drop us a line :P

No one gives a flying............ :thumbup:

No it doesn't.

Roy has two legs, kangaroos have two legs - therefore Roy is a kangaroo!

It shows that he is unable to control his emotions both on and off the pitch. As captain and one of the three centre backs his place is on the pitch, leading by example and motivating the rest of the team.

I don't give a stuff about what he smashes up to be honest, but I do care for his lack of leadership qualities and your flawed logic.

He's emotional because he cares, I don't think that's too bold a statement. His leading and motivation is another issue! There's only so much you can do on match day, the only people who really know the answer to that question is those who interact with him on a regular basis off the pitch.

He's emotional because he cares, I don't think that's too bold a statement. His leading and motivation is another issue! There's only so much you can do on match day, the only people who really know the answer to that question is those who interact with him on a regular basis off the pitch.

I agree - but I still find is mildly amusing that Kelly supposedly puts his arm around his distraught skipper and talks him back to normality but people cite Gradel, and others, as not ready for the first team because of a suspect temperament and sense of responsibility. :D

I agree - but I still find is mildly amusing that Kelly supposedly puts his arm around his distraught skipper and talks him back to normality but people cite Gradel, and others, as not ready for the first team because of a suspect temperament and sense of responsibility. :D

I suppose you've had the opportunity to see Gradel and others play on occasions, which is of course something a tad difficult for me to get in on :D So what elements do the young lads you support have that could boist the club? Who would you compare them to? I'd say atm we're getting desperate for firepower and we need all we can get this month.

I suppose you've had the opportunity to see Gradel and others play on occasions, which is of course something a tad difficult for me to get in on :D So what elements do the young lads you support have that could boist the club? Who would you compare them to? I'd say atm we're getting desperate for firepower and we need all we can get this month.

We are desperately short of fire power and the football which will give our strikers some ammunition.

=======================

There's nothing like sufficient by way of potential reinforcement in the Academy.

But, in their ways, Louis Dodds (striker) and Andy King (creative/goalscoring midfielder) looked as capable of Porter and offer things we just haven't go right now while Gradel, while truthfully probably still short of what he could be, is nevertheless a much more dangerous attacking winger than anything we've used so far.

Kelly's dilemma with Gradel is that he likes his wide midfielders to be solid defensively too - and I don't see Gradel as very special that way. But neither are Sylla and Low and you don't get any bonuses from them like goals or regular assists (said while acknowledging Sylla's improved contribution).

Gradel scores regularly.

The inclusion of all three in the squad would, in any case, move us towards the sort of passing and moving football which we need to develop to become a footballing relevance once again.

Then in the transfer window we can add more such players including, one would hope, some players with as much ability as the youngsters but some adult speed, strength and craft that might help cement any cracks in what would still be an emerging side.

We are desperately short of fire power and the football which will give our strikers some ammunition.

=======================

There's nothing like sufficient by way of potential reinforcement in the Academy.

But, in their ways, Louis Dodds (striker) and Andy King (creative/goalscoring midfielder) looked as capable of Porter and offer things we just haven't go right now while Gradel, while truthfully probably still short of what he could be, is nevertheless a much more dangerous attacking winger than anything we've used so far.

Kelly's dilemma with Gradel is that he likes his wide midfielders to be solid defensively too - and I don't see Gradel as very special that way. But neither are Sylla and Low and you don't get any bonuses from them like goals or regular assists (said while acknowledging Sylla's improved contribution).

Gradel scores regularly.

The inclusion of all three in the squad would, in any case, move us towards the sort of passing and moving football which we need to develop to become a footballing relevance once again.

Then in the transfer window we can add more such players including, one would hope, some players with as much ability as the youngsters but some adult speed, strength and craft that might help cement any cracks in what would still be an emerging side.

God your annoying today.

Quick question, do you think (hypothetically), if Sylla or Low were to play against 17 year old kids every week, in a team that is clearly one of the best in it's division and scores alot of goals, they wouldn't get themselves on the score sheet a few times a season. Thank you in advance.

Archived